It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cigarette Free -1 month and counting!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I realize that many ATS members cannot understand how relevant my 1 month mark means.....But, it means a hell of a lot to me!

I am proud of ME!

I have accomplished something that I didn't think was possible.

Cigarettes are an evil addictive vice that can completely dictate your life....if you allow the addiction to do so...

But, I made it through all of the pit falls....all of the cravings....Folks...I DID IT!

I know that it's still going to be a challenge but, just getting through the first week was an accomplishment...

Knowing that I made it an entire month....well, that just makes me feel more confident that I can and WILL kick this awful habit forever!

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Hell yah, congrats!

I have never smoked or been drunk so I can't imagine the appeal of either but anyone beating an addiction deserves credit .

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

Right On! It will be four years this August for me, it only gets easier and eventually you will feel LOADS better keep it up mate.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I don't know you ME but I'm proud of you also, keep it up.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
Hell yah, congrats!

I have never smoked or been drunk so I can't imagine the appeal of either but anyone beating an addiction deserves credit .

Kudos to you for not ever indulging! Hell yah right back at ya!

Actually you deserve way more congrats!

Thanks man...I appreciate your kind words.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Thank you soooo much!

4 years is very impressive!

Congrats to you my friend!

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Great job.

After seeing my wife struggle and fail several times throughout our marriage, I know what you're going through. Keep toughing it out and you can beat this. I'm just glad I never took up that habit. I dabbled a little bit when in the military but never took it up seriously.

Of course, after years of healthy living, I'M the one who comes down with cancer in the family while the wife is still healthy. Who said life is fair right?

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: keenasbro

I don't know you ME but I'm proud of you also, keep it up.

I don't know you either

LOL....I really and truly appreciate your kind words though!

I will most definitely keep it up. Thank you so very much!

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Congrats! I am at 1 year 4 months. The hardest part after that first few weeks was when I got stressed out, but now, even if I am really upset they no longer sound appealing. I am telling you this because over the next year there will be stressful times, and you may be tempted to have just one. Don't! Don't give in, I came close a few times but I never gave in and now I am craving free even when I have a horribly bad day.

Now go treat yourself for your huge accomplishment.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Tell me how...

Way to go. You must have a strong will.

I'm pissed at myself for being so weak.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

You have earned the admiration of Doom!

Congratulations! Keep it up.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
It'll be a year for me this June 7th. But I hardly have any merit as I was easily able to stop after a head and neck injury that messed my "ability" to feel pain like regular folks now.

When I first saw I could stop smoking without problems, I switched from cigarettes to cigarillos for 6 months... lol I wanted to see if I would feel the craving, but nope. And I would smoke around 25 a day the few weeks before I stopped.

Still, if you had known me before, you would think it is quite an accomplishment on my part since I really liked to smoke. But what's the use of doing something that you don't feel anymore?

So a very big Congrats for you! You have lots of merits and should be proud. I don't feel my cravings anymore, but I remember them, and I'm almost glad I had an accident that cut them away from the realm of my reality... lol

All the best to you!

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: FortAnthem

Great job.

After seeing my wife struggle and fail several times throughout our marriage, I know what you're going through. Keep toughing it out and you can beat this. I'm just glad I never took up that habit. I dabbled a little bit when in the military but never took it up seriously.

Of course, after years of healthy living, I'M the one who comes down with cancer in the family while the wife is still healthy. Who said life is fair right?

Seriously?

You have or, are battling cancer?

My smoking cessation is completely a non-issue in comparison.

I'm so sorry!

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
Congrats! I am at 1 year 4 months. The hardest part after that first few weeks was when I got stressed out, but now, even if I am really upset they no longer sound appealing. I am telling you this because over the next year there will be stressful times, and you may be tempted to have just one. Don't! Don't give in, I came close a few times but I never gave in and now I am craving free even when I have a horribly bad day.

Now go treat yourself for your huge accomplishment.

A year and 4 months is very impressive....congrats to you!

I know I will be faced with the temptation...absolutely.

I just know inside my being that I will never...ever, ever, ever give in to the temptation. I am no longer a smoker.

I'm DONE!

For Good.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Yep, its mesothelioma of the abdomen. Tried chemo and surgery with no success. I'm going to a doc in another week to look into a trial in a drug that might turn my natural defenses against this stuff. As of now, there's no cure for it so I'm hoping the experimental drug will do the trick.

I got exposed to asbestos, probably some time in my childhood and that's what caused it. I entered the workforce long after they stopped using it. The stuff is in literally EVERYTHING if it was built before 1980. No amount of healthy living can overcome that.

I'm still keeping my hopes up, I have to for my wife and kids. Still, I think I'd rather face this than try to overcome an addiction.

Good job on kicking the habit.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Tell me how...

Way to go. You must have a strong will.

I'm pissed at myself for being so weak.

You have to really want to quit!

don't be pissed at yourself. Don't beat yourself up or feel like you are weak. Maybe you just are NOT ready yet.

I smoked 2 packs a day...sometimes more and I LOVED smoking! I loved it. It was ingrained into my days and my routine.

I will admit it to you right now...I miss it. It's almost as though I lost my best f'ing friend.

But, over time...I realized that it was that "friend" that just didn't do any good for me.

You have to know exactly what I mean b/c we have all had that "friend" at some point in our lives.

Best advice....don't beat yourself up or feel weak.

If you want to quit, you'll figure out the best way for you and you will just do it.

Best of Luck! and I really mean that.....I never thought I could quit yet, here I sit...online without a smoke!

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

You have earned the admiration of Doom!

Congratulations! Keep it up.

WoW! Thank you so much Doom.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Congrats to you Majestic!!! I do know how hard it is and what a huge milestone it is. You have every right to be proud of yourself. I just hit my 7 yrs in Feb. If you don't mind me saying don't ever think you can smoke just one or for just a special or stress occassion. I had quit before, made it through 10yrs and started up when a family member passed thinking it would just get me through and I'd quit again. It took me another 15yrs before I was able to quit again, for good this time.

Now go do something very special for yourself, you've earned it!

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: NowanKenubi
It'll be a year for me this June 7th. But I hardly have any merit as I was easily able to stop after a head and neck injury that messed my "ability" to feel pain like regular folks now.

When I first saw I could stop smoking without problems, I switched from cigarettes to cigarillos for 6 months... lol I wanted to see if I would feel the craving, but nope. And I would smoke around 25 a day the few weeks before I stopped.

Still, if you had known me before, you would think it is quite an accomplishment on my part since I really liked to smoke. But what's the use of doing something that you don't feel anymore?

So a very big Congrats for you! You have lots of merits and should be proud. I don't feel my cravings anymore, but I remember them, and I'm almost glad I had an accident that cut them away from the realm of my reality... lol

All the best to you!

I'm sorry to hear about your injury and truly appreciate your kind words of encouragement....really!

Off topic...do you feel any pain at all? Or, is the pain just different to what others feel.
edit on 21-4-2014 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2manyholes

Congrats to you Majestic!!! I do know how hard it is and what a huge milestone it is. You have every right to be proud of yourself. I just hit my 7 yrs in Feb. If you don't mind me saying don't ever think you can smoke just one or for just a special or stress occassion. I had quit before, made it through 10yrs and started up when a family member passed thinking it would just get me through and I'd quit again. It took me another 15yrs before I was able to quit again, for good this time.

Now go do something very special for yourself, you've earned it!

It's so interesting that you mentioned starting again after experiencing the passing of a loved one...

My husband and I quit about 7 years ago...it only lasted about 3 months b/c he lost his grandfather and that prompted him to start up again.

As soon as he started back, well...of course I did too. Stupid huh?

I'm so much stronger than I was back then and I'm much more in control of myself so, I'm not even worried about his habits effecting my own.

I thought it was interesting that you mentioned the passing of a loved one and how that effected you quitting.

I will certainly not let happen again!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join