It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm sticking with fast food jobs for a few good reasons.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Vote yes for more taxes, slow inflation!

Come on everybody do the establishment shuffle!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833

Wow, I'm gonna have to check out Indiana! $350 a month is insanely cheap. I live in a little rinky dink town in MS, and you won't even find a 2 bedroom, falling apart trailer, in a trailer park for less than $600 a month.

If the cost of living here was that cheap, I wouldn't hesitate to take a low paying job. As it stands, I have to work out of town to provide a decent life for my kids that I never see because I'm always on the road.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I'm jealous.

Not because of the roles and the wages you wish to make (which I believe you will do someday), but because you are doing what you love (your enthusiasm is definitely felt through the post) and you don't care about the image of working in the fast food industry. That's freedom by itself. I never found such a work environment, I did enjoyed working in a bar sometimes but at some point I got tired from exhausting myself physically and of the work routine (opening and closing the bar, cleaning... I HATE cleaning
), but I guess I come from the spoiled generation whom dreams of doing greater things.

Gonna try my luck in programming now, but I do know that if I had a very simple job or workplace that I enjoy working in then I would seek other places no more. For me the programming is not about the money but mostly about the (freelancer) lifestyle, and the work-from-anywhere-in-the-world freedom.

Cheers, thanks for the interesting read. Hope you'll make it to where you aiming for, you definitely deserve it.

edit on 22-4-2014 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I cant speak for anyone else but making more money didn't make me any happier, maybe a bit more comfortable but less comfortable because I could lose it all in a flash. Glad your happy, youll have some dang good social security coming in one day.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Life is what we make it. We only have one time to be conscious in this life (said to cover those who believe in reincarnation, while still making full sence to those who believe we get one time only) so why not do what we love?

The reason I'm 'settling' for 8 an hour at one job and 7.75 at the other is because my 8 an hour WILL turn into one decent amazing salary over time. That climb will be steady and it will be worth it. I have the second job for now to offset the 8 an hour. Believe me, I know what you're saying, but I also know with this second 20 hr a week job, I'll be saving roughly 800 a month. I was living check to check before with no savings. This is going to be time consuming at first but once the 8$ job moves up for me, I can cease working the other and be fine as I go.

I'm sacrificing a bit now to gain later. Even 'later', I will strive to live as if I'm making 10 an hour. I do not want to make a good salary and end up going check to check because I want an expensive car/house/clothing/outings etc. I want a good retirement savings. I'm happy. That is what ultimately counts.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

A big secret to my success as a manager is that I approach is like I am a customer service rep. I treat my employees like my customers. The concept of "internal customers".

Do what makes you happy....you only get 1 chance on this particular life.

Wish I could find employers with your attitude. I just got fired from my first job in two years, after two months, by a Gordon Ramsay wannabe who's so miserable all he can do is berate people. Guy just gave himself a minor heart attack, over a freakin restaurant. Not worth it, I say.

Life is too short to work for people like that. I seem to lose a little piece of me every time I deal with people who can't treat others with any respect. Life sucks when broke, but it sucks more to have a little bit of money yet lose your humanity to get it.

OP, kudos to you. Fast food is not my thing, but if it's yours and supports you then by all means do what you need and like.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join