It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burned alive in car or eaten by lions!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Helen Clements, 43, her daughter Charlie, 12, and son George 9, were in their car when it caught fire in the lion enclosure. 

In the lion enclosure at Longleat Safari Park.Rangers rescued driver Helen Clements and her two children from their vehicle before it burst into flames.Lions are thought to have been about 100 yards away but no one was hurt.Mrs Clements, from Kingswood, Gloucestershire, told the BBC: "It could have been in the flamingos or the camels but no, it had to be in the lion enclosure."She had been on her first visit to the safari park with son George, nine, and 12-year-old daughter Charlie when the drama unfolded on a busy Good Friday afternoon.Kevin Ashley, from the Wiltshire safari park, said the lions were cleared from the enclosure and the park was closed.He added that the fire was put out quickly and no animals had been harmed.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BoovDawg

I think that this is one of those stories that the MSM blows up to get ratings. The family said they never saw the lions during the whole time.

Are we really getting that dumbed down where we listen to a supposed authority to tell us to stand fast even though it means certain death?

Just look at the South Korean Ferry disaster. The Captain told the passengers to remain in place. And they flippin' listened! Hundreds died.

I can think for myself thank you. Between the two most feared deaths in my world...Being burned alive or being eaten alive...I'll take my chances with the lions. At least I can fight back.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
last year i went to longleat and i was just about to drive into the lion enclosure when someone tapped on my window and pointed out i had a flat tire. That would have been interesting lol

They have a very friendly old mechanic on site that sorted it out for us

edit on 21-4-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Over being burned and boiled alive and suffocated OR just being suffocated.

I'll pick the Lion. But for sure I'll try to survive that! I'd have climbed into a tree and waited for the fire to draw attention for rescuers.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

I gotta agree TDawgRex, I''d take my chances with the lions, it just sounds so much less painful. Besides, I don't think the lions would come anywhere near a fire like the car would have created.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Sounds like a dramatic story, but in reality animals tend to stay away from smoke/fire. Stay in the vicinity and wait for rescue... doubt they were in much danger (well, at least while the fire was going)
edit on 21-4-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
TBH its not even worth considering as a question. There are park wardens in land rovers like every 100ft in the Lion enclosure for obvious reasons. Thats how these people got rescued so quickly.

The lion enclosure is tiny anyway, its only a few 100 feet across.

edit on 21-4-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Lol...

I came to the post expecting some sort of strange murder, where they couldnt tell if the person was burned alive first or eatten by lions.I guess thats my sort of day I have dealing with the general public.

Glad everyone is ok

edit on 21-4-2014 by JValhalla because: lions not tigers

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
And this terrifying scenario is EXACTLY why one should buy a firearm, like a Smith&Wesson Governor, and get a CCL so you can keep it loaded in your car or on your body. Sure, the weapon may be illegal to carry in the wildlife refuge, but I would rather shoot a lion and pay fines than be eaten by lions.

No one would stay in the car, but staying near the burning car would be wise. I mean to say, near enough to disuade the lions, but far enough so as an explosion would not do you in. However, eventually the car stops burning, and possibly lions set in. So yeah, Hand Cannon and CCL, definitely, with APC rounds!
edit on 21-4-2014 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2014 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I think this story is BS. Or the people are not smart at all. I would take the flaming wreckage and use it as weapon against the lions, but hey that's just me.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JValhalla
Lol...

I came to the post expecting some sort of strange murder, where they couldnt tell if the person was burned alive first or eatten by lions.I guess thats my sort of day I have dealing with the general public.

Glad everyone is ok

hahaha sorry for the let down lol! Just sin in paper like n thought id wap it on ea like, not much good to make a thread about goin on round my ends atm...

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscov

Do you work for gun shop lol

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I do have to admit, that experience would scare the hell outta me especially of I had my kids with me. As a previous poster said though. I think the flames would be enough to keep the lions at bay. I do believe most animals have a fear of fire (except humans) built in to there survival. Humans have it built in to survive by warding such preditors away.
edit on 21-4-2014 by JValhalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Lol, that is funny! But no, I do not. You have to admit you would weild it if you had it!

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscov

I wish! Not allowed over ea I got a semi auto bb pistol and a .22 air rifle

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I've already been eaten by a lion in a past life according to a reading my wife had with a psychic, lol. The psychic said I was a Roman gladiator in a past life and my family watched while I was attacked and eaten by a lion! My wife was startled to hear that and told the psychic I just recently purchased a gladiator statue! However, I don't have any fear of lions when I see them at the zoo. If I would start peeing in my pants at the sight of a lion, than I would probably give more credibility to the psychic, lol.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
The only sensible option would be to ride the lions out of the enclosure, thereby ensuring the safety of oneself and the felines in question. Try and pick one with a mellow outlook who's recently had lunch.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Car on fire at Lion Country Safari ... I'd get out of the car and take a chance on the lions. They are well fed and used to people and would not be likely to attack ... and considering the fire in the car they'd probably run away from the area anyways.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
News forum ?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Glad they're okay.
Me, I would turn into the crocodile hunter and take my chances with the lions. -At least have a fighting chance.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join