It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents Thought They Were Meeting With the School Principal - Instead, They Were Greeted by a Cop

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit
sounds like something is missing from this story.
If they send a cancellation-notice the night before, were the cops just "conveniently" there the next morning? Do cops normally show up somewhere "just in case" ? Why where they there to meet the parents if a cancellation notice had been sent

cops do not prevent crimes anymore they are simply there to arrest and or collect revenue for the masters...it is very fishy that the cop just "happened" to be there

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I don't think that, in this day and age (with a cop posted at pretty much every school in the country), the cop's presence is suspicious in and of itself.

However, the fact that the cop obviously knew the who the family members were on sight, knew why they were there, denied them entrance to the school office and told them they were trespassing tells me that someone in a position of authority - likely the principal or someone with the superintendent's office - had not only informed him of the situation, but also told him what to say.

Also, the fact that the principal was initially open to meeting with the parents, even made and confirmed an appointment to meet with them, makes me think the principal is a reasonable person who was willing to try to solve the problem and come to some sort of solution.

I think that somewhere between the 6:00 pm confirmation email and the 9:00 pm cancellation email, someone had a little talk with that principal. Generally, the principal answers to the superintendent's office. But if that school district is anything like ours, I'd bet it was the assistant superintendent. In all of my dealings with our district, I never got past the assistant superintendent. I'm not even sure the superintendent does anything here - hell, I'm not too sure she actually exists

Regardless, all this school is doing is setting the family up for failure. The law says the child must be in school, but the school won't allow the child thru the front door. What a mess... I feel for the kids - they are the biggest losers in this situation.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Agreed. Teacher's jobs have turned into only educating for standardized tests. What happens when kids finish school and are faced with real-world problems that were not included in these tests? It's cookie-cutter education dumbing down the majority of the next generations.

Kids need the internet and their parent's guidance more than ever so they can broaden their horizons outside of school - because school became more of a robot factory than it was before. Question the factory's operations and you'll be outcast, with force if necessary.

a reply to: oneupShadow

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: freakjive

Not sure how dumb the parents are, but those papers they signed at the beginning of the school year pretty much made them (the parents) follow school rules. Living in the state and having your kids attend public school pretty much means you have to follow state law.

If I was the school administration, I'd expel those kids due to their parents choices.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ChuckNasty

Wow?
So a teacher who teaches your kid this:

Would be fine for you?
For all intent and purposes the 2nd amendment states:
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

If you say yes there is something seriously wrong with you..

I also failed to add, we pay those salaries for those teachers and those buildings just like we pay for cops to mace us for exercising our 1st amendment.
edit on 4/23/2014 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
I like people standing up and questioning things but I do not get what is bad with having a standardized test on skills that the kids should learn to have common knowledge of things including religion and science. Is there something in the test that is dumbing down people to not question authority that people are upset about?

My problem with school is that in social studies you are not taught to question the propaganda and lies that comes thru the television from government and corporations so that you can see how you are being manipulated.

The whole officer asking them to leave is something that is insane and I can agree with.

I have 2 major issues with standardized testing (and a 3rd somewhat less major issue):

- tests tend to be racially, culturally, and socially skewed. Take it from a country boy: you often find material in such tests that are foreign to you. Not the educational criteria stuff....but rather contextual things. Like wording or imagery employs concepts unfamiliar to less urban children. Often times it is called "racist", but that is untrue. It isn't just inner city kids being discriminated against. Us white folks in the country feel it too.

- it creates a culture where rote memorization is the goal, not conceptual understanding. You are taught what to think, not how to think. Example: y=mx+b. I remember this as the slope intercept formula. I cannot tell you why/how to use it. I am good mathematically, and likely could figure it out....but at the age of 41 I only remember the formula, not its application. I, personally, do not want my children indoctrinated. It seems a cliche word, but what else do you call being taught what to think, and not how to think?

- the less significant issue, but still an issue: testing as it is performed measures nothing. The top kids in my school weren't the brightest. The brightest kid suffered horrible test anxiety. It didn't portray his knowledge at all. Even worse, the propensity for test writers to make trick questions....tht just pisses me off. Are they testing knowledge? Or how easily someone is fooled?

Under Bill Clinton the Patients Bill Of Rights was put into effect. One of the rights listed is "individualized treatment plans". It would seem that this approach is what is needed in education.

I am sick of hearing how teachers earn their money "putting up with" those kids. I call foul on that. I want teachers paid well. But I want them paid well because they educate well. Frankly, at least from where I stand, I am not seeing it. Even worse: i don't blame the teachers. I blame the fools who tie their hands with standaridized approaches to education.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
I am sick of hearing how teachers earn their money "putting up with" those kids. I call foul on that. I want teachers paid well. But I want them paid well because they educate well. Frankly, at least from where I stand, I am not seeing it. Even worse: i don't blame the teachers. I blame the fools who tie their hands with standaridized approaches to education.

American's love substandard crap. Ever been to walmart?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
My problem with school is that in social studies you are not taught to question the propaganda and lies that comes thru the television from government and corporations so that you can see how you are being manipulated.

Reason being is government and corporations are controlled by the same people.

What the kids are being taught in school actually IS propaganda and lies.

The very LAST thing they are going to do is teach the kids something that will cause them to realize this fact.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I've never even heard of The Blaze, but it's telling when the hot topics on that site are 2nd amendment, Nevada rancher and Obamacare. So I looked for another source. Found the story on myfoxatlanta.com and the story they they printed wasn't nearly as sensational.

It ended with:

"The Finneys say they love their school, but don't approve of the testing

The Finneys took Macy and Jack to school Thursday morning and say the school welcomed them. They say they are satisfied with the outcome for now but they also say many more parents feel the same as they do about the standardized testing. It's a fight they are fighting and hope others will do the same."

Why is everyone here more outraged than the parents?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
(Law 101)
State law mandates 'they' [institutions] must administer and proctor the examination and in addition, students must attend school. It doesn't say anything about the child actually having to answer the questions (afaik).

Options that require little effort and less drama: (Civil Disobedience 101)

1. Find a religious holiday to celebrate (and enhance your cultural knowledge) (plan this on the day of the exam)
2. Schedule a wellness exam for your child
3. Inform your child that it's okay if they wish to not participate once it's administered (they won't arrest a child for failing to take an exam...yet)

(Civics 101)

Yeah, sadly parent's don't have the right to interfere with administrative procedure at their child's school, they must make an appointment (individual or group) or voice their concerns during public discussions with the school board.
edit on 23-4-2014 by DerbyGawker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Police officers are of course needed in schools to promote authority. They are there keep everyone safe. They are also there to protect students from their own parents. If the students cannot take the tests, they are in danger to themselves and there pupils around them.

If the students are not regimentally tested, specifically over history, they have a higher chance of looking at wrong history, specifically, "Revisionist history". This history, usually promoted by hate mongers, is slowly but surely being completely dissolved and wiped away clean by our masters of education.

The US education system is of the best in the World. The evidence of this is all around you to look at. No one questions the history in their textbooks, because it is not needed. Everything in the School textbooks is factual information that leaves no room for silliness like Revisionism.

Be a good Goy and don't question history for your own safety. Eventually, when you do go further down the line, the questions your asking will end with you without friends, and most likely inside of a prison cell.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: oneupShadow

Oh yeah..... I remember those "snack days"...... And looking forward to going outside to play after the session was over. But when I was in school it was only certain grades that were tested, not every year!

Now my second grader is excited about the upcoming testing fixing to take place in the next couple of weeks......

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

What lies specifically are you talking about?

Careful now, you wouldn't want to be banned for hate speech now would you?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThichHeaded
a reply to: ChuckNasty

Wow?
So a teacher who teaches your kid this:

Would be fine for you?
For all intent and purposes the 2nd amendment states:
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

If you say yes there is something seriously wrong with you..

I also failed to add, we pay those salaries for those teachers and those buildings just like we pay for cops to mace us for exercising our 1st amendment.

If I choose to have my 'child' taught that, it is none of your concern.

Have a nice day.....but pretty sure this thread wasn't about your 'offtopic' baiting.

Good luck with your stuff...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revelations29

What lies specifically are you talking about?

Careful now, you wouldn't want to be banned for hate speech now would you?

I DO believe I've just been threatened...

SERIOUSLY?

Look, if you actually BELIEVE this:

The US education system is of the best in the World. The evidence of this is all around you to look at. No one questions the history in their textbooks, because it is not needed. Everything in the School textbooks is factual information that leaves no room for silliness like Revisionism.

Be a good Goy and don't question history for your own safety. Eventually, when you do go further down the line, the questions your asking will end with you without friends, and most likely inside of a prison cell.

...then it seems to me that it would be pointless to even TRY and answer your questions...

Oh and FYI, posts such as the one below are doing VERY little to bolster your credibility here:

a reply to: wholeinone

pro tip- Any criticism of Jews is considered anti Semitic and should be treated as hate speech.

edit on ApruWed, 23 Apr 2014 22:34:48 -050010pm30Wed, 23 Apr 2014 22:34:48 -050020143423 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Credibility has nothing to do with really anything on this site other then being more persuasive.

I could care less about my credibility. Because It does not matter. I'm not trying to persuade anybody. Truth already does that. What matters, is the information we are discussing. That's all that matters.

And by the way, that last post you quoted, is true. Criticism against Jews is regarded as hate speech, so watch what you say. (ATS has strict guidelines when it comes to Hate Speech) Anyway this is going to be labeled offtopic and it is.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

By the way I forgot to ask, you believe kids are being taught lies in School. What specific lies about history?

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: freakjive

I'm 34 and in the 8th grade I refused to continue taking standardized tests. This was 1993-1994. I had taken them every year but that year they added new tests and by the 3rd one I say &$@? this. So, I set my pencil down, took out a book and sat at my desk quietly reading. My classmates started noticing what I was doing and were whispering back and forth which got the teachers attention. She came over and asked me what I was doing and I politely explained to her that I was done taking these tests and would not be taking anymore in the future. She was dumbfounded, but not really angry... Until some of the other kids who had heard what I said put down their pencils, too. There ended up being about 10 of us that refused. I figured if I was going to be in trouble then fine. It was worth it to me. Surprisingly, nothing happened. I did have to explain to the principal what happened but I never got in trouble and they didn't even call my parents. I was mostly lectured on influencing my peers which was BS since they chose to think for themselves I didn't tell them to stop.

I think that's a big problem in our society today. Children are indoctrinated to do what they're told by those perceived to have authority... Or ELSE! Well, I guess the fluoride never got to me since I never had a problem telling "authority" figures "no" or asking "why" instead of blindly obeying. It took my defiance to inspire others to do the same. They all hated the tests and the majority finished anyway, but some of them saw what I did and realized that they did have a choice. Had I not quit they wouldn't have either.

At the time the gravity of the situation wasn't apparent to me but today it is something I cherish. It reminds me that no matter how small we think we are or how alone we feel, one brave but simple act can inspire others to stand up together. Don't give up on those around you that aren't awake yet. Live by your principles and be a model of your ideals. Your actions will go much farther than your words or keystrokes ever will.

As a side note for those that approve of standardized testing... They are bs and don't prove anyone has learned anything. They are used to create bogus statistics and to generate income for the schools. They have no bearing on the child and do not help the children in any way. Schools are making money that's it. The only reason they care about attendance is bc for every day your child's butt isn't in their seat the school loses money. Why don't college care about attendance? Bc they get paid wether you show up or not. Think about it.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Revelations29

One of the rules at ATS is to address the post and not the poster, but your post makes zero sense whatsoever. It's like your attempting to instigate something... where nothing is there to be instigated...

some people really make me scratch my head and wonder.... was it perhaps there was too much testing and not enough learning going on in your day..

There is a reason, in case you have never heard it, that the saying states: History is written by the victors.

I am also quite positive it was said for many other reasons than one group of religious people.
edit on 24-4-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The public education system is becoming more and more worrying. You hear stories like these and you do have to wonder what is going on anymore in schools.

My kids' school I could walk in any time, and I was there a lot... Always talking to the teachers and re-evaluating how best to help my children with their education, since learning is a combination of home and school.

Math was never one of my better subjects in school and so when my daughters math classes grew above my level of understanding - I started sitting in on her math classes so I could learn it and then be better able to help her when she didn't understand something. The school had no problem at all with my doing that - in fact, it was the teacher who suggested it and it worked beautifully.

I don't understand why anyone wouldn't mind testing, although I know some people do have more difficulty with it than others, but I suppose that is neither here nor there.

How horrifying would it be to be going to your child's school to speak with their educators only to be met with police? I cannot even begin to imagine and I think it would be at that point I would be looking into homeschooling or private school where the educators understood that the education of a child takes more than one person.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join