It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swedish parliamentary investigation into chemtrails

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The investigation was requested by Green MP Jan Lindholm who got lots of question he didn't know how to answer:

Lindholm, tired of getting the same questions and not knowing how to answer them, took matters into his own hands.

He contacted Sweden's weather agency SMHI, the Swedish Civil Aviation Administration (Luftfartsverket) and the air force. Unsatisfied with their responses, he requested an official probe from Sweden's Parliamentary Investigative Service (Riksdagens Utredningstjänst, RUT).

"They studied it, perhaps for a few hours, I don't know, and they managed to give me a clear answer. Now, if someone asks me, I can answer," he explained.

"I tell them that as far as I know - and I have seen the work done by serious scientists - chemtrails probably don't exist, and probably can't exist."

source

See also this thread on ATS
edit on 21-4-2014 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Of course! People with common sense have known this all along.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Sorry to tell you the translation seem a bit off when checking the Swedish source article.

"Valt att inte jobba vidare med det" I det här fallet har han dock valt att inte gå vidare med chemtrails – även om utredningarna inte var helt perfekta. – De gav ju inte några absoluta svar om huruvida det existerar. Tror du att chemtrails existerar? – Du kan väl titta på utredningarna själv och bilda dig en egen uppfattning men jag har i alla fall valt att inte jobba vidare med det, säger Lindholm till Nyheter24.

He has chosen not to work further on this. Even though the examinations/source information where not perfect. They did not give a conclusive answer that the phenomena exists. On the question do you believe it exists he say that you will have to check the source information yourself and make your own conclusion. Lindholm say to Nyheter24.

Tidigare har Miljöpartiets gruppledare i Vingåker, Pernilla Hagberg, uttalat sig om den högst eventuella förekomsten av just chemtrails. – Chemtrails innehåller olika blandningar av kemikalier och ibland även virus. Det är så störande, på en klarblå himmel ser man dem och de ligger kvar hela dagen. Sedan blir det ingen mer sol den dagen, sa hon till Katrineholms-Kuriren. Hon var också rätt säker på vilka som låg bakom. – Det är något som styrs från USA och Ryssland. Det har med det militära att göra, CIA och NSA, sa hon till Katrineholms-Kuriren.

A somewhat contracted translation below.

In the end of the article they are talking about Pernilla Hagberg (also part of MP) who have previously talked about chemtrails where she say they are mixture of chemicals and sometimes even Virus. She complains that is annoying to see on a clear blue heaven see them and they are there the whole day. After that there will be no more sun that day she has told Katrineholms-Kuriren. She believes they are controlled from US and Russia. And have with military agencies, CIA and NSA.

Below is a very strange translation from my point of view:

"They studied it, perhaps for a few hours, I don't know, and they managed to give me a clear answer. Now, if someone asks me, I can answer," he explained. "I tell them that as far as I know - and I have seen the work done by serious scientists - chemtrails probably don't exist, and probably can't exist."

There is not mention of how long they studied it in the source article.

I myself have no belief either for or against Chemtrails. The reason I read the thread is that it mentioned Sweden.
edit on 21-4-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Something I don't understand about chemtrails: if they are really spraying people with something harmful, they would be spraying themselves and their families as well. If it's harmful do you really think they would be doing this? I do not!

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

Exactly. I have never understood how the "chemtrail" theory ever gained traction. It just makes no sense. Unless "the elite", whoever they are, walk around in gas masks all the time or live under sealed domes, they would be spraying themselves.

And never mind the fact that, for all this supposed spraying of toxic chemicals, humans are living longer and healthier lives than ever in just about every part of the world. (Barring a few first-world countries that are eating themselves into early, extra-wide graves.)

I assume it's people who cannot understand why sometimes you see contrails and sometimes you don't: kind of modern-day equivalents of the hicks who used to point at airplanes. Easily explained if they bothered to look at a weather map and figure out a bit of atmospheric physics.

By the way, anyone else find this thread title a bit misleading? Is spending a few hours asking questions really a "parliamentary investigation"?
edit on 21-4-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
As OP said read www.abovetopsecret.com... if you are interested in chem trail.

edit on 21-4-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Look at that, a Government that takes its concerns of its Citizens seriously... Even if they consider them silly.

What a novel concept, a Government For the people...

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

She stresses that she speaks as a private individual and not as a representative of the Green Party.

You say "private individual", I say "crank".... let's call the whole thing off.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

Sorry to tell you the translation seem a bit off when checking the Swedish source article.

The article linked in my OP is not the same as the article in Swedish that it links to - they are 2 different articles, a day apart - the English one it not intended to be a translation of the Swedish one as far as I can see - it seems to be additional reporting, referring back to the Swedish one for earlier information.

So saying one is not a correct translation of the other is true but unimportant - it is not intended to be a translation.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Thanks for the translation. It seems the first story didn't claim to be a translation, but it's great to know what the other one said.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

They did not give a conclusive answer that the phenomena exists. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

You can't give an answer about something that doesn't exist.

new topics

top topics

join