It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faking Pictures Section

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The ufo "thing" looks like an enlarged whell hull or sth in that direction I would say... It is empty in the middle and the reflection on its surface are far away from natural - it is a good piece of computer work, not a real UFO

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
From the files of 'Project Blue Book'

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
None of the above.

It is a fake, of course; I took the picture myself in Belize a couple of months ago, and the "girlfriend"at 75 feet depth is really my wife.

The flying saucer was lifted from seekers.100megs6.com... re-sized, and inserted. Then, using two P7 layer masks (one for the background removal and one for the 60% aqua overlay), I aligned each, did a flattening, and selective blur for the edges and burn-in for the lights.

It took me about 20 minutes, not counting making up the completely bogus "story".

The point is, that most of the UFO pictures you see here are fakes; it just depends on whether you really WANT to believe them or not.

[edit on 28-11-2004 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Fine work, OtS. Can you decontruct a photo as well as you can contruct one?

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Thank you Meph.

But I cannot deconstruct a well-done Photoshopped fake (of which mine was not, unfortunately). My eye is simply not that good. I found a whole bunch of screwups with the aerial photo of the excavators and the "40-foot human skeleton", but that was after someone else had debunked it!

Besides, there're simply too many different ways a good 'shopper can fix stuff. I know people who will use seven or eight SETS of layers, each with a unique set of channels and each set at the common size and resolution so that you can't even look at the individual pixels and tell.

Those guys are completely out of my class LOL!

[edit on 28-11-2004 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
From the files of 'Project Blue Book'

This one still has researchers stumped !

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a simple way for most fakes [detecting them anyways] is to open the jpg's in a hex editor and you can clearly see [if english is your 1st language] if it's photo shop or not. You can also sometimes even tell which plug-ins and filters have been used on it.
Of course every graphics program has its own header in the files it produces. but photoshop is by far the easiest to detect. Hope this helps you.
BTW I've been using this to tell the real's from the fakes on 'leaked' star was Episode 3 photo's etc for a year or two. Usually if anyone is going to the extent of fakeing the headers on the files then your not going to be able to tell anyways.

Wayne...

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Would there be any kind of special file header in a jpg file if it was scanned in? Like the OS it was created on etc...?

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by the secret web
a simple way for most fakes [detecting them anyways] is to open the jpg's in a hex editor and you can clearly see [if english is your 1st language] if it's photo shop or not. You can also sometimes even tell which plug-ins and filters have been used on it.
Of course every graphics program has its own header in the files it produces. but photoshop is by far the easiest to detect. Hope this helps you.
BTW I've been using this to tell the real's from the fakes on 'leaked' star was Episode 3 photo's etc for a year or two. Usually if anyone is going to the extent of fakeing the headers on the files then your not going to be able to tell anyways.
Wayne...

Secret_web interesting idea. Have you ever tried that method on billy Meier's photos?

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Well heres mine:

[edit on 28-11-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Anyone figure mine out yet?

I've posted it before, with an explanation in a couple of other threads BTW..

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   

[edit on 28-11-2004 by instar]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Nice work, it's like Mexico all over again.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Instar, I bet you if you gave that image to coast to coast, and say you took it on the beach when no one was there(or something), they'd probably take it and put it on their site

Coast to coast takes anything without asking questions.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I thought they looked ok, the sport field one is a bit dodgy tho. What is coast to coast?

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by instar
I thought they looked ok, the sport field one is a bit dodgy tho. What is coast to coast?

www.coasttocoastam.com

radio show, its pretty interesting sometime. They publish all kinds of stuff from their audience, most of which is a hoax, people trying to get attension, and some of it(very little in my opinion) has truth to it.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 03:54 AM
link   

C'mon folk, this is fun!

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 05:46 AM
link   
most of you guys did a good job making fakies (the serious ones). Some just look as some of the surposivedly *real* photos that circulate around the UFO community

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by instar

[edit on 28-11-2004 by instar]

copy and paste one "UFO object" ?

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by cheeser
most of you guys did a good job making fakies (the serious ones). Some just look as some of the surposivedly *real* photos that circulate around the UFO community

Which ones? mine were faked by yours truley.

copy and paste one "UFO object" ?

Noooo! They flew over my house, honest!
Nah, not cut n paste,
just airbrush cloning of the "object" from the photo i took of it, over the photo i took of the sky infont my house, but done a few times for the "flap" effect!
looks good huh? shows how easy it is, I dont even have photoshop.
Wanna guess what the "ufo" is?

[edit on 29-11-2004 by instar]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join