It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 photos...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   
There are several mobile radar sites and various other buildings northwest of the North Gate guardhouse, about 1-2 miles inside the perimeter. It appears that they are installed there permanently, almost in line with the north end of the Groom runways. The most likely scenario is that these radar sites, which are mostly Russian models, are used to test developments operating out of Groom for their stealth capabilities. More of these radar sites can be seen in the vicinity of Cedar Gate, further to the north.
Sometimes at night you can see the red and blue blinking lights of the radar sites from Hwy. 375. This usually indicates that they are active, and that a test is about to begin or in progress. They usually come on about one or two hours before the actual test.

www.dreamlandresort.com...

A fleet of Black Hawk helicopters, which are stationed at the base, provides air security around Area 51. More accurately it would be the Sikorsky MH-60G Pave Hawk, a newer version of the Black Hawk. The original US Army UH-60A Black Hawk first flew in 1974, and the MH-60G Pave Hawk first flew in 1982. It was modified for the US Air Force with additional fuel tanks and a retractable in-flight refueling probe to increase its range from 600 to 900 km, or unlimited with air refueling. The probe can be seen in the photos below sticking out in front of the cockpit. However, since the term Black Hawk seems to be more established we will use it here. Click here for specifications of the MH-60G.

Several times daily the Black Hawk Helicopter can be seen doing its rounds out of the base and across Tikaboo Valley. In earlier years it would frequently be used to "sandblast" visitors to the area, to scare them away (on public land!). Today this obviously illegal procedure has been limited to cases when someone is really bugging them.
I had the pleasure in summer of 1999, when I went to check out 'Roadblock Canyon' and the old trail up to Freedom Ridge. Of course you can not go up the trail any more, because it is inside the boundary after the land withdrawal in 1995. But for several reasons it is still a rather interesting (and sensitive) area, and after I disappeared from their view inside the canyon for a while they sent out the Black Hawk to check on me. While it was flying a full circle over my head I got some pretty good shots at it with my camera.

(Ocelot, I am wondering if this is what you saw???)

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 10:57 PM
link   
"Janet" is the call sign for the flights that shuttle workers back and forth between Area 51, TTR and Las Vegas. Each weekday about a dozen flights in each direction transport over 1000 workers to their jobs at Area 51 and at the Tonopah Test Range. The first Janet plane lands at Groom at 4:45am; its bright landing lights have often been mistaken for a UFO. Based on our observations we have compiled a partial Janet Flight Schedule.

The Janet airline is operated by EG&G, a private contractor that works for Area 51. They use mostly Boeing 737's, and a few smaller Beechcraft King-air executive jets. The planes are all white, with no airline name or logo, only a red stripe along either side. The Janet planes are registered to the "Department Of The Air Force" in Layton, UT. Click here for a list of all known Janet planes, with tail numbers, serial number and more.

The Janet terminal is located in the northwest corner of McCarran Airport, in a fenced-off area. It is surrounded by a large parking lot, with almost 2000 spots, which is usually well over 2/3 full on any given workday. Click here for a Map and Aerial Photo of the Janet Terminal Area. The terminal can be seen from the higher floors of the hotels around the LV Blvd./Tropicana Ave. intersection, especially from rooms on the east side of the Luxor and in the south tower of the Tropicana.

In 6/2001, while looking for construction for the new Cedar air field (see link below), we noticed some new equipment about 1.2 miles north of Cedar Gate near the fence inside the boundary. The equipment is shown in the photos below. It turns out to be a mobile radar site with "Smokey SAM" launchers. Smokey SAMs are practice surface-to-air missiles used in the air exercises around the Nellis Ranges. This new radar/SAM site is a threat simulator for Red Flag exercises, in particular for the new airfield, which will be located nearby.

It turns out to be a MSQ-T43 threat simulator, a brand-new system being tested in the ranges. From an official document: The MSQ-T43 is an electronic warfare threat simulator used by combat ranges to train aircrews on how to effectively engage or defend against enemy surface-to-air threats. Thanks to our reader Neil Robinson for helping us identify the system.

In the early morning hours of September 26, 1995 Andreas von Retyi, German scientific journalist and author of several popular books about Area 51 and a good friend of mine, saw a strange aircraft on the ramp near Hangar 18. He had camped on Tikaboo Peak with a friend, and in the morning they noticed a B-2 bomber maneuvering in the distance. Shortly afterwards, while taking photos of Area 51 with a telephoto lens, he noticed a large white plane sitting on the south ramp, next to Hangar 18.
At first Andreas thought it was a Boeing 737 of the Janet airline, but when he took a closer look through the eyepiece of his 220x magnification telescope he saw that it was clearly something different.

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 10:58 PM
link   
This article summarizes information about various secret U.S. air vehicles tested at the Groom Lake facility (a.k.a. "Area 51", and possibly known officially as "Watertown Federal Airfield"). The data has been "revealed" by sources who claim to have inside information on Groom operations, and have decided to lift the lid of secrecy a bit.

Latest Updates to the Dreamland Resort

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Please dont copy the whole dreamlandresort.com website...
Just post a message about it in the other resources of information forum about that website...

I lurk on their message board a lot, but hardly ever post there. They have some great photo's of the base and over the years became one of the best resources of information about Area 51.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Well, seems like we'll have a good time seeing the site's new stuff. Seems like Simon's not the only one working hard these days...

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Has anyone found any arieal photos of Area 51 that are more recent than 2000? I already have a load of 2000's.

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I'm not sure if they got new stuff right now. But I thinkArea51zone.com Has great deal of pictures. Also one comparing an old to a new picture. Showing what's ben added.

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Area51zone.com sucks, it stole all it's articles from abovetopsecret.com and altered them a bit.

After we said something about it, he started to analize abovetopsecret.com pages, to try to make us look bad, like all the info on this website is a load of crap.
I hacked into his message board account once, that made him pretty pissed

By far the best area51 website is: www.dreamlandresort.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   
thanks for the link Zion

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Youre welcome

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 05:48 PM
link   
some of that stuff looks really old. i dont think that that stuff will actually come into being. and i doubt its alien. et intelligenc is one of those things that ill believe it when i see it. i havent seen it yet so im gonna call ya all crazy.

new topics

top topics

join