It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doubt, the biggest killer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Just wanted to share a thought before I hit the hay...

Doubt. It's what has made me waste so many chances to do new things, meet new people.
It goes hand in hand with the comfort of stability and security, even when that stability is boring and monotonous. And unhealthy, both physically and mentally.

Doubt in my opinion is the greatest killer of artistic expression, technological advancement, and, when that doubt becomes depression, of life itself.

I have been plagued by doubt my whole life, and doesn't it feel good, when in those rare moments of enlightenment or of true happiness, when in the middle of something that completely absorbs you, you realise that you have left doubt behind? Everything is at your reach.

Good night.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Oh yes, doubt has hidden so many things that seemed unreal, not allowing improvements of the own illusion of the world.

I consider chances and relativity in comparison towards an improving goal - and a subconscious structure a good choice!
There is information in anything, literally, even in manipulation.

Replacing wrongly understood or manipulative words with less illusional words to create a view less of an illusion is tricky, too.

edit on 21-4-2014 by oneoneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: athousandlives

and doesn't it feel good, when in those rare moments of enlightenment or of true happiness, when in the middle of something that completely absorbs you, you realise that you have left doubt behind? Everything is at your reach.

Good night.

So true. I try to ride these moments like a surfer on a wave, and take full advantage of their brief appearances. These are the moments that you need to go until you crash, because you never know when the next one is coming, or how long it will last.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
In me doubt is more externalized on others than internalized on me. I am not bored with stability and would in fact like a little more of it with an easy comfortable life. My problem is more getting that stability and comfortable existence, since I am part of a collective that seems very unstable called the human specie.

At least I can disconnect and just internalize when I need a bit of peace.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: athousandlives

I agree with you. It's what stops us from reaching our full potential.

Good night.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Maybe. But I believe it is fear, fear of all sorts of things, that is actually what stops us, traps us, is the biggest killer of opportunity, potential, love, not doubt. But that's just me tonight.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: athousandlives

It's ironic to end doubt with doubt.

edit on 22-4-2014 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Thanks for the reply.
Actually the question hit me right after I posted this, what is the difference/connection between fear and doubt in a psychological sense?
Is doubt a result of fear?
Can they be mutually exclusive?
I'm thinking maybe sometimes you can be unafraid of something and be relaxed, but still doubt that it will go the way you want it to.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Fear: An illusion coming from the fear of death: Your own thoughts about how to not die falsely related to the adrenaline function create the illusion of fear.

Doubt: A mechanism slightly different in each of us to partially deny, partially question something, also varying by the word doubts definition usage. There might be multiple faint reasons which you cannot see without being aware, basing on wrong logics leading to doubt. Fear can be included in this. Fear of there actually being something "evil" next to you, not noticing it won't make a difference except the adrenaline function while you do not understand that it is not a harmful being.
If it is for example statistically not worth thinking about something and most likely the claim wrong, you can stamp something as wrong or save it as most likely wrong and perhaps say it is wrong to make it shorter, tho many aren't ready to see the mind behind your words or neither you seeing that they answer to your possible mind.
If there is something with a use for trusting it, it usually means there is a logic behind the expressing source which makes the chance higher for it to be true.
However, trust alone is simpler and requires less thought.
You can for example trust merely by statistics, but you can also learn reasons why to. To make people feel better. To support the idea that if all would be trusting and trustable we would have a lot better world. Unconditional giving opens even more ways to increase the sum of the fun of all.

It is questionable if fear would exist without media connecting events to it. Ancient Americans claim their tribe knows no such thing as fear, it would be a new thing of today. There are also logics findable removing the fear of death.
edit on 22-4-2014 by oneoneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Doubt is cut and dry fear. I couldn't help but think of this quote:

“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

— Dune

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Doubt just shows you, how little you know. So if you "are not sure", maybe do some research, instead of blaming a very theoretical construct for your laziness. You got this big beautiful muscle, right on top of your head, use it.

new topics

top topics

join