It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago police face overwhelming gun crime as 45 people shot over weekend

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse the problem with what you wrote is that EVERYONE is honest and normal... until they are not. There is no way to retroactively remove guns from a population or a person because there are simply too many ways to get guns. Many of the cases of gun violence occurred when seemingly "normal and honest" people got so upset that they went on a rampage and then, they often did not use guns they bought but guns their parents or peers or friends bought.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Astroart

I think "Heckle and Jeckle" trumped Tom and Jerry for violence as did Baby Huey.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: THEqueenbee
a reply to: rickymouse the problem with what you wrote is that EVERYONE is honest and normal... until they are not. There is no way to retroactively remove guns from a population or a person because there are simply too many ways to get guns. Many of the cases of gun violence occurred when seemingly "normal and honest" people got so upset that they went on a rampage and then, they often did not use guns they bought but guns their parents or peers or friends bought.

I used to know a couple of people who sold hand guns back in the seventies and eighties. The cost of a handgun was about the same price as a new gun. I didn't even think of buying a gun from these guys because I could buy a pistol anytime. But they both told me that these were for people who couldn't buy guns. Those guns will always be available to people, but probably only those who are criminals.

Taking away a gun from a good responsible person will only lower the numbers of guns in the hands of these kind of people a little. Now, people should teach their kids to be responsible with guns like they used to in the days I grew up in. Not all kids listened though, so there was still crime. Most people would not use a gun they inherited from their parents to commit a crime, they would use that gun to defend themselves though. Most of these recent shootings seem to have been committed with guns that are impressive looking. Newer style guns, not the unimpressive looking deer rifle or shotgun your father or grandfather had.

For safety purposes I bought a pistol that my kids couldn't chamber, It's hard for them to shoot someone if they can't pull back the receiver. My wife can't even chamber it.
edit on 15-6-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

You make a logical point. If gun control is initiated in the inner city in an extreme way what that will do is make it worse because ONLY criminals, who don’t respect laws in the first place, will have guns and they will use them in criminal activity.

The problem the Gun control freaks don’t understand is that countries like Australia don’t have a massive criminal underclass like the US inner cities, therefore extreme gun control can work there, but not in the US where Chicago, and its violent history going back all the way to the Al Capone days, would never benefit from gun control for the above reasoning.

This is a criminal and social issue that only police, social workers, teachers, and psychologists and the community can solve.

Sure they can have reasonable inner city gun laws but that alone won't do anything to solve the problem.
IMO

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join