It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simulacra vs. Photography

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Yea! My initial plans were to post this in the 'Member photography thread' but EnronOutrunHomerun is just killing the thread. Good job man. Your photography is amazing. Applause is needed.

And here you are, reading this word hoping to see something really extraordinary. Sorry folks.

This is a visual representation of my life
Anyway, on with the show...

[Edited on 11/27/2004 by Simulacra]

[Edited on 11/27/2004 by Simulacra]

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Nice work Simulacra, you have a good eye. These are my favorites thus far.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
King Lizard
Thank you!
The first one was from outside a really posh club in Las Vegas. It might have been called 'Ice'. Anyway it was 4am and I was lost in Las Vegas with a camera and $0.88 (Which I later used to buy a Sausage McMuffin. Thank you McDonalds, I really do owe my soul to your corporation). I was hungry, starving, and tired. The night before, we were staying in a hotel called 'Wild Wild West'. Somehow we made it to some national highschool tournament that was held in Las Vegas.

Anyway to make a long story short. We made our way to this hotel where they had free happy hour. Yes free alcohol. A couple of hours later we couldnt even tie our shoes. We're walking on the strip and somehow I get lost from the pack. I had no idea where our hotel was so I was essentially lost. I saw a guy standing in front of a club and I took a picture of him. He was so lonely, I figured that someone needed to pay attention to him.

The second picture is from 6th street in Tucson, AZ. I made it a little burnt (compliments of Adobe) and was supposed to be used for the cover of a local magazine. Magazine never was printed and neither was the picture.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Here are some more. Note: these images were reduced from massive 2560x1920 .jpegs.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
A thread-killer?! Me?!
.....Thanks for the comments!

See...you're certainly right about one thing...and that is that your photography is very different from mine - but that's what I love about it man! Urban photography is so REAL and it just grips you! Living in such a southern town as Tallahassee, about as urban as we get is a street packed with bars and hot college chicks, but I'd just get plastered and take fuzzy, discombobulated shots...or I'd drop my camera after starring at a hot girl for too long

Here's some of my favs...They're all kick ass though man!

This is life folks! The American dream! AC...Coke...Leftovers....and a room with a view (after you clean the windows, of course!)

I like how you caught all this commotion and boredom...but it's all somehow stabilized by this friggin huge-ass column with the radiating lights...

Is he doing what I think he's doing?!

Ah....ramen noodles??

That's just awesome man! Sweet find...

I think I'd have more like yours if I just carried my camera around with me...That's where I screw up....I do have a couple "urban" shots though from when I was smart enough to bring my camera along during my day-to-day life....I'll update my thread with a couple of them and maybe you can tell me what you think!

Love it! Keep 'em coming!

Oh! What kind of camera are you using?!

[edit on 12/2/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Kodak EasyShare LS753 5.0 MegaPixel

Really wish I had the funds to purchase a decent camera. However all of my funding oddly enough is going to Film school in the UK. I live in poverty and take pictures of my life. So yea...

[edit on 12/2/2004 by Simulacra]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
Really wish I had the funds to purchase a decent camera. However all of my funding oddly enough is going to Film school in the UK. I live in poverty and take pictures of my life. So yea...

Film school, huh? That's awesome....

I'm a huge movie buff....I wanted to go to film school - but I didn't realzie FSU had one until my senior year cause I'm a major #in slacker
....I mean - come on...my degree is in anthropology....
.....Have you heard anything good about our film school here?

Some of my all-time favorite directors....Woody Allen, Stanley Kubrick, Federico Fellini, Michael Haneke, Terry Gilliam, Caroline Link, Volker Schlondorff, Werner Herzog (and of course Klaus Kinski - lol)....

I'm a big nut on cinemtography though(
- lol )....If the camera doesn't move or make me more involved/interested in the movie, then everything else might as well be #...

At any rate...wow...there's my brief "spiel" on movies that's only partially related to this topic

[edit on 12/2/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra

Kodak EasyShare LS753 5.0 MegaPixel

[edit on 12/2/2004 by Simulacra]

Camera you have is pretty good one to practice - I've notice you have a good eye
. Work with it!!!
Think about composition, think about what is/is not important in your picture - somehow it is easy - before you take the shot think about " if this is the way you agree to see it"
You are doing great job!!!!
please send more!!!

[edit on 2-12-2004 by jazzgul]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun

This is life folks! The American dream! AC...Coke...Leftovers....and a room with a view (after you clean the windows, of course!)

You forgot the dream of Gold Bond Medicated Foot Powder.....

Damn good pics Semulacara... I hope to get some good Urban shots of Detroit here in a while... Try and get that beautiful Detroit feeling

Feel free to visit the thread Enron started to see some pics of Northern Michigan....

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
As you can tell by that big red thing on the side of this message, I temporarily live in Wales. It's a really dreary place. Here are some pics of the remains of a house that looked like it was exclusively hit with a hydrogen bomb.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Two-part series of 8am drunken nonsense.

top topics

join