It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senior Citizen Calls 911 For Sick Wife, Police Come and Beat Him Up Instead

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

Only problem I see is a husband trying to cope with a wife who has DEMENTIA, as the article stated,and having no recourse but to call police when she gets out of hand. He doesn't need police intervention he needs help to care for her. This is all too common.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: freakjive

Not sure what happened but it seems the police were in the wrong.

There are 'bad cops' and police officers. The people who responded to this incident were 'bad cops'.

As always there is more to the story but at this point I find it to be atrocious behavior by law enforcement.

Not only should the gentleman sue but the individulal(s) resposible should be punished to the highest extent.

I am one to side with the police but not this time.
edit on 21-4-2014 by minusinfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
This is one time when I am going to wait before condemning the police. If it is true then to hell with the police however I don't think we are even getting half of the story.

The story is the old mans as far as I can tell. His wife isn't quoted nor would she make a reliable witness with dementia.

I am just saying I don't completely buy his innocent story. Why did he call an ambulance was his wife injured. Did he injure her? Are past altercations with the police because he had been abusing her? I have heard some pretty bad stories of husbands beating their wives and when dementia is involved he could simply say she is making it up or she is sick and doesn't know what is real, but would know better from the wounds however what you know and what you can prove are two different things.

I am not siding with the cops here, but I am not siding with the old man either because my BS detector is going off big time. I want to know more before I take either side.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I await the day this is returned back and put in line, This is getting out of hand and plain out ridiculous!

ALSO, WTH is the reply button missing from this thread???? Is this to keep it from gaining stars and flags by a cop mod??

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Snakedoctorjw

What isn't there a reply button?

I SMELL a conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

According to the Left, this elderly gentleman was a "domestic terrorist" and deserved it.

edit on 21-4-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Lol. Now it makes sense. ha ha.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
Police are not trained to use their judgement....they are trained to react with overwhelming force......

Well there was a day when they arrested people but never left a mark on any of them!

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

And OF COURSE they charge him with beating his wife, resisting arrest, and ASSAULTING A PO? Are you freaking kidding me? I'd love to see the "injuries" on the LEO versus what this old guy received. This makes me sick and the LEO who caused his injuries should be charged with assault on an elderly person!

He called the AMBULANCE, not the cops, so how did it turn into a police call for spousal abuse?

This is never going to stop unless changes occur from the TOP DOWN!

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied

Only problem I see is a husband trying to cope with a wife who has DEMENTIA, as the article stated,and having no recourse but to call police when she gets out of hand. He doesn't need police intervention he needs help to care for her. This is all too common.

He called for an ambulance, not the cops, btw...

And with all the cuts to Medicare and Medicaid, he probably has very little resources to help him with her. I cannot imagine caring for a loved one with dementia. I've worked on a dementia unit and I hated it. It was sad, hard, and heartbreaking work.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
NEVER call 911.

It's pretty much policy for them to always send police first to assess the situation.

A friend of mines house was burning down and instead of fire trucks, they sent police first. All the police did was prevent my friend from going back in the house to save his son. They arrested him because he wouldn't comply with their requests to stay away from his burning house. Now his son is dead. Ask him and he will tell you he would have rather taken the chance to risk his life to at least try to save his son, than called 911 and waited half an hour for firemen to show up after police were already there.

The police are glorified tax collectors. Their mission is to prevent tax paying citizens from dying, guess what they don't care about the children or elderly.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Economy keeps getting more and more stressful. It's not surprising to me that people are snapping left and right as the gap widens. Maybe this man was in stress and threatening the officer. As long as no weapon was involved the officer would be in the wrong from an ethical standpoint for not taking the blows as he calmed the situation for medics to arrive. Maybe the man was arguing about a hospital bill and wasn't covered cause he didn't want to be mandated.

Can't get the best of both worlds...
edit on 21-4-2014 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: WP4YT

Well this might vary depending on where you are. Here, calling 911 gets you what you ask for. If it's a medical emergency, the fire medics and an ambulance are dispatched and the police do not come. Maybe it's different there and/or maybe he was unclear as to the type of help he needed.

Is there a 911 recording?

But overall and regardless, without knowing more of the story, it does seem as if the response was very extreme and some kind of rush to judgement.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

originally posted by: AccessDenied

He called for an ambulance, not the cops, btw...

And with all the cuts to Medicare and Medicaid, he probably has very little resources to help him with her. I cannot imagine caring for a loved one with dementia. I've worked on a dementia unit and I hated it. It was sad, hard, and heartbreaking work.

So was it the judgement call of the 911 operator to send police then? Sorry but my experience here in Canada is that ambulance will not deal with these types of situations, same as anyone in a mental health crisis. Only police will respond and take someone to either hospital or jail, depending on how they assess the situation. I see now another member posted that the wife is now in a care facility at the request of her husband. It's too bad an incident like this had to happen for him to get the help he needed. Any chance the charges will be dropped considering the circumstances?
edit on 22-4-2014 by AccessDenied because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: minusinfinity
a reply to: Snakedoctorjw

What isn't there a reply button?

I SMELL a conspiracy.

A main reply button at the bottom!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
When are the friends and ffamily and neighbors of the poor murdered and abused people going to track down these criminals and dispense with some vigilante justice? When they realize that there ARE consequences to their actions, maybe then they will stop and think before they act! There's no way in hell some bastard is gonna get away with killing, maiming, or beating the hell out of my loved ones or my neighbors. No way in HELL. I guess the average person is probably very much afraid of the consequences. Because they actually punish us when we break laws. See how that works? If we punished them when they broke laws, then they would become afraid of those consequences. Mutually Assured Terror will then keep us all from infringing upon each other's rights to life and livelihood.

Consequences!! There must...be...CONSEQUENCEEEEEES!!!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

This almost happened to a cop in my hometown. A town cop tried to pull my brother over when he was riding his motorcycle one afternoon, but my brother didn't see the lights in his mirror. So the cop pulled along side him and ran him off the road. Then he got out of his car and started beating on him when my brother was still on the ground. Then the cop bragged to his fellow jackboots about what he did, but was overheard by the town clerk, who happened to be a family friend, so it got back to us.

My brothers and I had planned to borrow a van and black bag this SOB cop and give him the beating of his life and leave him out on the boonies. Since he probably beat a lot of people, he probably wouldn't have known who to blame.

We chickened out, but I wish we had done it.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I cant wait til they get their comeuppance. I just don't know what its going to take man, a lot of police are probably actually mentally ill, they have all this crap on TV about mentally ill people being able to get guns, well hell not only can they get guns they can get tasers, a free car, and a badge if they know who to talk to.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
why are all of our leaders silent about this...even worse ...why are all of our artists and stars silent about it. it's not like the 80s when you had NWA coming to the rescue. Nobody have any balls left?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

There are no more NWA's because rap music has been hijacked and is now pop music. Listen to rap on the radio, take the content and compare it to country music on the radio. You wont find much difference past the color and attire of the people performing.

<< 1    3 >>

join