It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dumb-Ass Trigger Happy Cop Has Instant Karma Moment

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm
Thank you so much for this! I s&f you for the title alone! hahahahahahahahahah

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AvMatt198919

I joined to make a difference and help people who were in need, not to shoot at dogs or beat on innocent people like everybody on here would have you believe every police officer wants to do...Police are not bad people, sure some exist just like anything, but 99.9% of them would lay down their lives to protect you if you were even in need, just like I would have done for anyone who needed it, including all of you who wished bad things upon me.

You must live in Happytown.

Down on the coast after Katrina, what I saw was exactly the opposite. The cops ran. They took off, vamoosed, unassed the AO.

The ones that stayed...pillaged. Shot people. Covered it up. Stole cars. Broke into houses and looted. We got food delivered to a shelter in the town where I lived by FEMA - the cops "confiscated it" for "official use" i.e. stole the food for themselves. They stole gas. They did doodly squat to stop looting - half the time it was them doing it. I ended up busting my butt cutting trees off the street during the day so emergency vehicles could get through and guarding drug stores against looters at night. Cops? Didn't see many, and what there were weren't doing a lot to help. Get in the way, you bet.

The fire guys? Solid gold. The tree guys and power linemen, solid gold. THOSE were the guys that were of use.

I only heard of one guy up the coast who was worth the money he got paid - Billy McGee. If you guys were more like that, yeah, you'd get some of that adulation you want. But when I look at you guys, all I see is a random bit of violence waiting to occur.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
He deserved this. Look at it this way...If the dog were running loose, and then decided to attack someone, then of course I can understand shooting it. But to WILLINGLY enter a FENCED yard with a barking dog in it is just plain stupid. The dog did not need to be killed, even IF it decided to attack, which it did not appear to do anyway. This is because this is where the dog lives. That is what dogs are supposed to do, alert you to intruders. The dog doesn't know the difference between a stranger and a cop. Any rational person would simply have backed out of the yard. He could simply have called animal control, which is another public institution designed for dealing with this type of situation. Pulling a gun should always be a last resort by a law enforcement officer, but hardly is this ever the case in America these days.
edit on 4/22/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Thanks for posting. Reminds me of the old Willie Nelson tune, A Little Old-Fashioned Karma Comin' Down.
I can see the next step on the part of the inept copper---file for a disability pension due to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder suffered when he shot himself in the line of duty.
Just makes you wonder what his contacts with the sheriff's office were to get hired as a deputy. Frat brother? Relative? Football buddy?
This is another example of a civil manner handled as thought it is criminal. The agencies seem unable to distinguish and we all need to talk with our local officials about this issue. We can climb onto our soapboxes all we want on these forums and nothing will change if you don't start the process by filing complaints with the authorities. I'm currently in the midst of that process.
It is my firm belief that calling in two extra units, one of them the K-9 unit, to give someone a seat-belt citation is entirely out of bounds use of police powers. My husband and I were subjected to that very behavior in my very small town. Those cops that showed up to apprehend myself and my husband thought they were ruining our day. Their very attitudes showed it. The really funny thing about the karma of it is that a lot of people saw our car pulled over and surrounded by three police vehicles that sunny afternoon. Some of them searched in vain in the local paper for stories of my being arrested for various and sundry crimes. They checked the local jail's inmate list. My friends called to ask what the pigs were up to with the K-9 unit. They wanted to know if I had been able to educate the local cops. Sadly, I had to admit defeat. But I'm doing my best to make sure they get the education they need from their superiors. I remained civil at all time and made the reasonable request that they cite the portion of the law they claimed to be reciting. The problem with my question was that they had no answer. They were making up law out of thin air and denying the law by pitching my copy of it at me like it was trash.
There was no hint of reason or logic in the officers with which we dealt that day. They were there to make us as miserable and scared as they could and when it didn't work they threatened to take us to jail and to pull us over every time they saw us.
But karma is a wondrous and magical thing---I've gotten the opportunity to talk with a lot of folks about this law enforcement over-reach, over-reaction issue as a result of being subjected to it. It has honestly surprised me at how many just want to share their own story of brutish cops. What does surprise me is the fact that when I ask them if they filed a complaint and told their side of the story to the cop's boss, not a single one has mentioned to their superiors that they have misbehaving employees. I believe in karma but I also believe in helping it along as much as possible by playing their game and putting on paper, in their files, their misdeeds.
I've emailed the chief of police twice at his official website in an effort to convey my displeasure with the behavior of his officers. Apparently my emails are residing somewhere in cyberspace as I have yet to receive any sort of reply. So my next step is to print out those emails and yet another letter and send them by certified US mail. If he won't respond I'll just have to copy everything to the mayor and city council members. I'm not a resident of the city but I've worked closely with many of the members of the council and the mayor---recycling program, free health clinic for the uninsured, Habitat for Humanity, etc.
Shooting a dog indeed...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Considering many of us class our pets as family members, I would love to see this cop, or any cops reaction for that matter if we went onto your property and started shooting at your family members ?

To some, it may just be a barking dog that could attack, to others its a family member doing what it was intended for. To protect the family, just as we would protect it if it's life was in danger.

But just a heads up to the police, if you ever kill or shoot at my dog for no legitimate reason, then I find a member of your family and shoot at them. Sounds like a fair deal to me ?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I know more and more cops are getting out of control these days, but when one shoots himself, it is not a laughing matter.

Serving an eviction notice? The tenant obviously has mistreated the property or has not paid his rent in a considerable amount of time, and is squatting on the property. Any homeowner renting out their property can understand that renters are actively stealing from you when they do not pay rent, and refuse to leave.

Trying to pose the pit bull makes it look harmless. Sure, most dogs are completely friendly around their owners, but can be vicious to strangers. A police officer taking steps to save his life is completely justified. Everyone hates police until they need them.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: oneupShadow

Oh please, if it was "vicious", it would have ripped the cop to pieces after the idiot shot himself.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   

But as the OP says, why not just turn back and exit the yard if he felt threatened. That's what a normal person would do, let alone a TRAINED police officer.

If the dog then jumps the fence then yes, take the action necessary to defend yourself, but ONLY then.
Eviction notice or not !

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   

save his life , the guy didn't even get bitten , shooting a dog just because it made you # yourself doesn't give you or anyone the right to kill it.

if you ask me the guy is nothing more than a pussy with a badge and a gun and should be ashamed of himself for discharging his weapon

and yes I agree the tenant should pay up or leave but his dog doesn't have to die in the process, in fact guns shouldn't even have to be used in this process.

If anything it only serves to highlight the level of intelligence of this officer, I thought police officers were hired and trained in critical thinking and to react to situations with a level head and only use deadly force where necessary.
The guy obviously does not exhibit any of these traits deemed necessary to be a proper officer of the law, he ain't nothing but a cowboy
edit on 23-4-2014 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I hope if the dog is later taken away we hear about it.
I have a feeling this is the last we'll hear about it, the police will
bury this due to the sheer incompetence.

I imagine some police commissioner being told what happened and
him saying "He... did... WHAT?"
edit on 23-4-2014 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

Because he didn't have to, our court system grants police a license to kill indiscriminately with no fear of legal repercussions.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Why not deliver the summons to the guy while at work or store. They have to leave at some point. Nope instead they want to enter the fenced off property and shoot the family dog when it naturally responds to an intruder. That cop is a monster. They could of done multiple other things to stop the confrontation Get the kids to secure the dog, get the kids to get the parent, call the home, deliver the message off the property, call vet to dart the animal to sleep. Get a long pole/noose choker vets use specifically for vicious dogs! I mean wow there is like multiple ways to handle that situation other than ultimately shooting a pet dog dead. Think of the trauma done to the children witnessing this monster cop shooting their dog. We're living in hard times and they want to throw this guy out with all his kids. Their idea of help is eviction and death. So when the times get even worse what are the cops going to do then shoot the whole town because they won't leave and live on the streets with their children? Jesus man use your damn brain for once. With all the money wasted in government EVERYONE can own a home and land and have a place to live right now. That's how wasteful we are. It's pathetic. Homeless people and bankrupt the farmers that's the motto of the USA. Here we are in 2014 and we haven't cured the two most basic essentials to survival.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: sean

Don't worry man, he shot himself, not the dog.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I love instant karma. There are too many trigger happy cops around. They should take a hint from this guy. Think twice before acting harshly. You just might hurt yourself.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: oneupShadow
I know more and more cops are getting out of control these days, but when one shoots himself, it is not a laughing matter.

Serving an eviction notice? The tenant obviously has mistreated the property or has not paid his rent in a considerable amount of time, and is squatting on the property. Any homeowner renting out their property can understand that renters are actively stealing from you when they do not pay rent, and refuse to leave.

Trying to pose the pit bull makes it look harmless. Sure, most dogs are completely friendly around their owners, but can be vicious to strangers. A police officer taking steps to save his life is completely justified. Everyone hates police until they need them.

Hate to break it to you but being served an eviction notice does not automatically mean that the person occupying the property is some sort of criminal or miscreant. It just means that the "owner" of the property wants the occupant of the property to leave. It is a civil matter, not a criminal matter, something the police these days seem to be having a bit of trouble understanding.
I know of two local cases where "owners" of property who weren't in fact owners had eviction notices served on occupants. They were simply attempting to use the system to get back at people. The system can be tricked, no matter what you believe.
So, making the occupant of the property into some sort of law-breaker just because an eviction notice was being served is a straw man argument---he must have been some bad dude if the sheriff's deputy had to show up to serve papers on him...won't fly.
The deputy got what he deserved. Now he should get himself a nice safe job bagging groceries somewhere because he's a menace to society with a firearm.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: XLR8R

I love instant karma. There are too many trigger happy cops around. They should take a hint from this guy. Think twice before acting harshly. You just might hurt yourself.

If Karma does exist, then why are there still so many trigger happy cops around ? When does their 'Karma' come, and what is it waiting for ?

This isn't Karma, this is just an idiot that panicked and ended up shooting himself. And as I always ask, "if Karma exists, then how are the Rothschilds and Rockefellers for example, still alive ? If karma did exist, then these families would of died off LONG ago !

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DarksideOz

I really think you're missing the point here. It's just a figure of speech and made for a catchy yet appropriate title. Try not to get lost in the details.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DarksideOz

Their day comes the day that final line is crossed. Nothing can stop it once it starts.

The difference is we aren't caged animals incapable of defense.

Corner us and we'll do more than bark and bite. We will chew this mother# apart.

And that's real talk.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
For those that don't understand the impact having your pet shot in cold blood by some incompetent, insensitive idiot cop, let me show you what it's like with this example. Just one of many from Live Leak.

Story Summary

"Candy was brutally murdered in her own yard by Rains County Officer Jerred Dooley after her owners had been robbed. Her only crime was barking."

I called the Rains Co. Sheriff’s office and notified them of the burglary. I had no idea of how tragic that act of faith (in what is supposed to be the people who protect us) would soon become.

Our beloved blue heeler Candy was just like many of your beloved pets, a member of your family that’s more than just an animal. Candy was not only that, but a valuable employee at my dairy because she worked with me daily as I gathered cows, worked calves, etc. I can provide dozens of witnesses who can verify that Candy liked to be petted and loved and was NOT AGGRESSIVE AT ALL. She has NEVER bitten anyone in her short 3 year life, but if someone drove up to our residence she would bark like all GOOD dogs do.

Deputy Jerred Dooley arrived about 2.5 hours later to take report on the robbery that happened at MY RESIDENCE. Both my father and I were in the pasture next to my house harvesting our winter crops for our dairy farm.

We both saw the officer pull up to my house and park behind my farm truck where my dog Candy was in the bed of it barking at the unknown vehicle. As we were coming to him in our tractors, less than 40 yards away, he got out of his vehicle. That’s when our loyal family member, Candy, came out of the bed of my truck and continued to BARK.

We were both HONKING OUR HORNS at this point to let him know we were headed to him. MY FATHER AND I BOTH WATCHED HIM OPEN THE DOORS TO MY HOUSE AND STICK HIS HEAD INSIDE WITHOUT CAUSE OR PERMISSION!!!!

This next part gets kinda rough folks. I'm telling you now as a warning that it's heart breaking to read. You've been warned!!!

Dooley then closes my doors, walks off my steps and tells me, “I shot your dog, sorry.” He told me this as I’m approaching the fence from my tractor. He shot Candy behind her ear, in the side of her head, in HER YARD. OBVIOUSLY SHE WAS NOT FACING HIM AS THE ENTRY POINT WAS BEHIND HER EAR!!!UNREAL!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!! REMEMBER I WAS THE ONE WHO WAS ROBBED!!! So he was there to HELP ME! “Serve and Protect?” More like “Invade and Attack”.

Dooley then retreats to his squad car, exclaims over his loudspeakers “do not approach the vehicle”, and calls in full reinforcements. He leaves my dog in my yard yelping and thrashing in unbearable pain. I BEGGED him to shoot her again (SINCE MY WEAPONS WERE STOLEN!) and he refused. I then had to do the otherwise unthinkable and take my poor baby’s life with my own hands while praying for this to be over with.

I'm not really going to comment more on this since it pretty much speaks for itself and I've already made my opinion pretty clear on this subject. I will provide the links for anyone who wishes to know more about this event. There is a short video which is of this man dealing with the police after this has happened as well as a picture of "Candy". I feel so bad for this man, his family and "Candy". THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THIS!!

Officer Responding to Theft Shoots Victim's Dog
edit on 24-4-2014 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

Not chasing a dangerous felon and only serving papers one wonders why did he not call animal control and just wait a bit. As the Gump saying goes "stupid is as stupid does"

Simple. It wasn't his dog so it wasn't worth treating well.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join