It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help for idea

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Hey guys, i need a bit of help getting ideas for local competition in making a 3d object for a 3d printer.

I'm a bit stuck in what i should do...

So, the objects can be jewelry, household/office decoration stuff or useful gadgets.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

edit on 21-4-2014 by Neph89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Neph89

How about a dream catcher?
dream catcher

edit on (4/21/1414 by loveguy because: better link

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

That i quite a nice idea, got to think a good model for that, either earrings or a full size model.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Do you have a theme for all 3 crafts you need to submit. If so, what is it.

Are you limited in size for categories, example, they all fit into a certain size box for shipping.

Thanks,

Des

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Problem: Wood stove cold chimney downdraft causing smoke to enter home when first igniting fire
Solution: Small wire/metal bracket that allows user to support 'priming' heat source(s) (eg. small propane torch, heat gun, etc). Device would allow for priming of the chimney to ensure proper updraft during fire initiation. The priming device's heat output could be aimed (eg. toward chimney inlet, toward reflection plate, etc) and the device would be securely held in place to avoid damage (eg. avoid heat gun falling over and sucking ash into it's vents).

Problem: Shoulder straps constantly getting in the way while putting child in car seat.
Solution: Small 'artsy' bungee type holders that allow parent to clip straps away (up and over the outside edges of car seat) while putting child in seat.

Best of luck and, if you make a million...well, enjoy it, but please try to also spread it to people who need it :-)

(PS. Best.signature.ever)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
An automatic transmission.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Well it's model for a 3d printer, it can be any size, for i must cut the object in pieces in a CAD software, so size is not a problem as long the object is not too large .

As for the theme, they didn't specify that, just said for architecture, art, decoration, jewelry, useful gadgets, stuff like that.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: R3v3l4710ns

Those are good ideas, but i'm afraid that a plastic from a printer wouldn't fare well in a chimney

For the straps, i some time ago thought of something like that, like the normal car seat belt, which the straps would coil inside the seat and after the child was sit and strapped, there would be a button for stopping the coil and stick the size of strap.

I actually don't expect to make any money, i'm just in for the sport, and i'm making a video game that many people ask for and no one gives them, and i'm making it just for fun, with no profit in mind. (Sorry but i can't disclose it because i don't want someone make it ahead of me and spoil my fun, but when it is done, i will share it with the community :p)

Thanks

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

I could get an RC Car and make it more awesome, got to try that one day, but for this competition, i don't think that would be suitable, i just found that the Lisbon Fashion house is going to be one of the juries, so that makes things a bit harder.

Thanks, it was a nice idea

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I think I missed the point of '3d'. Oopsie! I guess my ideas above are fairly useless from that respect.

Second attempt:
Problem: Door retention springs fail to hold door open when car is parked on an angle.
Solution: Small hinged block that bolts to the front inside edge of the door (when closed). When door is open, driver can pivot block with foot to use as a 'chock', blocking the ability of the door to close (on the driver's leg).
Bonus: If done correctly, the block could also function as a 'foot rest' for the driver while on long trips :-)

edit on 21-4-2014 by R3v3l4710ns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I tried googling Lisbon Fashion House, to see if they had a logo that you could incorporate in a jewelry design, such as a pendant for a necklace. Can't seem to find them.

Des

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

OK you're working with plastic. You could make a simple yet attractive soap dish. Very functional, and everyone could use them

Though a better idea would be something a pottery crafter friend made for me, to hold my wet sponges I use in my crafting, to air dry and they never get sour smelling from laying down on a counter. the sponge is held upright to drain into the cup part, and air dry

ETA: I'll take a pic of mine and post it here. Very practical, and functional. You could get artsy in the design using smooth curves that would be eye appealing. Every person I know, has wanted one.

Sorry the pics I took are not oriented right, can't rotate them in ATS pics. But, you get the idea.

Des

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Why not have the 3D printer, print out a working 3D printer? (It's just an idea)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: R3v3l4710ns

That would be very nice, gotta try to do something like that, because i live in steep hill to

I like your ideas but i need a household item or decoration stuff.

I know i'm a hard customer hehe

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

This is their website Moda Lisboa

It is a bit for "a bad looking site" to say it nicely

Loved your idea though, i can get some cool looking stuff out of that.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Famouszor

That would be awesome.

Could get a lot of guys out of commission hehe

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

S&F!

An Eggbeater!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Hi Neph89,
How about making a bracelet...wide, like a 'cuff' or wrist-band...know what I mean?

Many are plastic, so the medium would be fine. You could design it uniquely, not the typical 'bangle' bracelet. (if you're a guy, use google image search to see what I mean...no offense meant).
You could use your own creativity with a design and colour choice...personally, I would go for something dragon theme, but that's just me, lol.

You could even make a matching one designed to wear on the upper arm. Different, but similar enough to go together.
Good luck with this project, hope you find what you're looking for!

jacygirl

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DietJoke

HAHA cool, and add drill end as well, two for one

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Great idea, got ask my girlfriends opinion about sizes

We love dragons too, so that is something to keep in mind.

Thanks

top topics

<<   2 >>

join