It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experts warn civilian world not ready for massive EMP-caused blackout

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
At least that is what the article title says. Sounds like a foreshadowing of something they are setting us up for....

The catastrophic effects of an electromagnetic pulse-caused blackout could be preventable, but experts warn the civilian world is still not ready.

Peter Vincent Pry, executive director of the Task Force on National and Homeland Security and director of the U.S. Nuclear Strategy Forum, both congressional advisory boards, said the technology to avoid disaster from electromagnetic pulses exists, and upgrading the nation's electrical grid is financially viable.

"The problem is not the technology," Pry said. "We know how to protect against it. It's not the money, it doesn't cost that much. The problem is the politics. It always seems to be the politics that gets in the way."

Source

Seems politics ALWAYS get in the way.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Wondering if the warning has anything to do with Russia test firing an ICBM recently. Could be a plausible false flag I would think....could easily see the US saying Russia detonated a nuke over the country.

Source

Russia successfully test-fired an Intercontinental Ballistic Missile Tuesday, Fox News confirmed.

The Strategic Rocket Forces launched an RS-12M Topol missile from a region near the Caspian Sea, successfully hitting its target in Kazakhstan.

Defense officials told Fox News the test was "not unexpected" and that "START treaty notification occurred."

Russia is required under the START treaty to notify the U.S. of such tests.

Officials said they got notice of the test launch "days" in advance, in accordance with the treaty.

Earlier this year, the Russian military had announced plans to test around 70 types of rocket and missile weaponry, according to an RIA report.

With them testing 70 different types, I am sure the US could blame one of those types on a grid failure.....

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
An EMP is not only possible but probable, whether it occurs naturally or manmade. It's irresponsible to not, as our technology evolves, and our dependence on said technology grows, install protection against the forces that could render those devices unusable...

Computer systems in vehicles for example: in an EMP, SHTF scenario you'd be much better off with a mid-80s beater than any 2014 model.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
It would be more than chaotic just think of all the prescription drug use in the USA and if that supply suddenly stops there would be mass death and other massive side effects related issues. Not to mention starvation rioting looting and other carnage.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Well there’s nothing surprising about that statement. If you turned the power off in any modern society things would get really crazy really quick.

I’ve been hearing a lot about our vulnerability to EMP for years now. If this is an attempt at programming us for a false flag or something, I think they’ve carried on a bit too long without any real action. LOL

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Didn't they say they had the right to use nukes if attacked?

I guess people can afford radiation baths, just let me know when politicians are done playing "Empire".

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Wondering if the warning has anything to do with Russia test firing an ICBM recently.

Wondering if the warning has anything to do with a certain missing plane recently.

Yes, you can color me paranoid.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I highly doubt that an EMP device will EVER be used over American airspace as a false flag attack (maybe as a legit attack though). If you were to knock out all the online electrical circuits over a major city, first there would be rioting in that city, next the country's economy would immediately crash, then the crashing of our already flimsy economy would escalate the riots already happening in the first city to the entire country, then as our economy comes crashing down, the world's economy would quickly follow, following that the riots would become worldwide, this will result in regional wars would breaking out, then finally world war. There is literally ZERO reason the united states would EVER detonate an EMP here, because the ptb would lose ALL the control they've so meticulously built up over the years. This control is extremely delicate and hinges on the public being complacent and lethargic about it.

If during the course of the events I outlined about, you think that this is would all be a ruse to institute martial law, you are sadly mistaken. First, the government has no need to institute martial law, they have us RIGHT where they want us, too divided to stand together and oust the ptb from their perches. Second, our country is TOO big with TOO much wilderness between cities for our military to effectively control the population. It just isn't feasible and would quickly drain the coffers of our government, but oh yeah, because of that EMP, the economy crashed and with our non-gold backed money any money the government uses to pay the troops would be worthless. There would be no incentive for military personnel to listen to their superiors.

The only way that our government would EVER use an EMP on its own populace is if they wanted to flick that first domino lined up in the chain that results in nuclear annihilation of our species. This seems anathema to everything that the ptb desire. What is the point of all that wealth and power if you cannot lord it over someone?

As for the article, it is true, we, the American public, are awfully exposed to a potential EMP strike. Because if one happened in our country, what I outlined above would fall into place and it wouldn't turn out well for anyone involved.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
What better way to insure that people will follow the governments lead than to allow an event to happen that inconveniences a lot of people and causes chaos. Governments need to have people think they need them to survive. I am prepared for a knockout of power lasting a three or four months but longer than that may be difficult. Most people out there in this country could not last two weeks. The problem is that some of these people could get ugly after the third week.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Uhhhhhhhh however . . .

they WANT to 'lord it over' only 200-500 million globally . . .

They figure such a vastly reduced population would be a much lower threat to their power and would be sufficient to keep the machines and slave functions going.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Third weeks? There are people in the country who aren't prepared for a few DAYS without power, let alone weeks. Plus without power, all those cameras and high tech means to keep people honest (like police cars) would be useless. It wouldn't even take hours for riots to break out in the affected city, let alone days or weeks. The city would probably be half burned to the ground by the time the military would even be able to arrive on the scene and declare martial law. As any number of major corporations house their headquarters in any given city in the united states, these corporations would lose TONS of money immediately, if not straight up go out of business, therefore the economy would probably be tanked by the end of the week and after that things will get out of hand with exceeding rapidity.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

And what makes you think that an event that could (and probably will) result in global nuclear annihilation would be a good idea to implement to cull the herd down to this magical number? If what you are saying is true, these people are very invested in their plans and everything is planned down to the last detail, throwing caution to the wind and just effing everything up with global chaos seems like the last thing they'd want to do. I mean there is no guarantee that they'll even maintain control when the dust settles. I could understand orchestrating a war to cull the population, but orchestrating literal chaos and anarchy to achieve it doesn't sound smart at all.

It would be much easier and safer (for the ptb) to implement controlled burns to decrease the population. Things like unknowing sterilization of segments of the population through genetically modified food. Forced eugenics, convince people that is is for the greater good. Keeping the public complacent and divided is a MUCH better way of going about this plan rather than just blowing everything up and giving a target to all that pent up animosity and anger.
edit on 21-4-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Gonna quote myself here:

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
If extended loss of power(greater than one week) is primary emergency, the main goal (once family is secure) would be to get as far away from any nuclear power plant or spent fuel storage facility as possible.

Then find as safe a place as possible for friends and family, trying to ensure they all understand the danger posed
by such a scenario.

In a matter of hours any operating reactor will have a core melt down and explode, in a matter of days, any spent fuel pools would boil off their water, begin to melt and explode also.

If this scenario plays out, anyone living on the surface is toast after a few generations.

In other words, game over man...

Make sure to mark these on your physical maps, draw a radius of at least 100 miles, take prevailing winds into account to plan routes.

Whether it's an emp or a cme, or a coordinated attack on key grid components, we are toast if we loose power for more than a year. 6 months is more likely.

Look in to Loss Of Off-site Power accidents on google scholar and if you have a smidgen of scientific understanding, you'll scare yourself snipless before you're done.

Imagine all of those dots as damn near simultaneous, even more runaway, fukushimas...

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
As a nurse, I cannot imagine the impact an EMP would have on the health care industry. People's lives depend on machines to live day to day. From dialysis patients to people on ventilators, they must have adequate power and, in case of a blackout, back up gennies to just live.

This is scary thought to me, as a nurse. I can't imagine working without power, it can be done, but not very easily.

Hope the peeps in charge heed this warning and do what they must to bring our infrastructure up to par with 21st century needs and weapons...

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

1. THEY have repeatedly advertised that they believe in

USING CHAOS to raise a NEW ORDER on the ashes of the old.

2. Clearly they believe they have sufficient power and control in sufficient ways and places and degrees to even manage chaos. Of course, their arrogance is of paragon heights, too.

3. They HAVE, evidently, been doing controlled burns in a long list of ways for decades. Witness the emphasis and fierce defense of abortion, homosexuality, chemicals in food and the environment etc.

4. Personally, I think a LOT more of them will be exterminated in their plush underground cities than they could ever imagine. Time will tell.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

1. THEY have repeatedly advertised that they believe in

USING CHAOS to raise a NEW ORDER on the ashes of the old.

Certainly haven't acted on it. Or you know, maybe you are taking what they are saying out of context.

2. Clearly they believe they have sufficient power and control in sufficient ways and places and degrees to even manage chaos. Of course, their arrogance is of paragon heights, too.

Clearly they don't because they haven't done anything that is being suggested in the OP. We aren't currently experiencing WWIII and there isn't mass chaos in the world.

3. They HAVE, evidently, been doing controlled burns in a long list of ways for decades. Witness the emphasis and fierce defense of abortion, homosexuality, chemicals in food and the environment etc.

Well if they are doing any of that, it isn't working. The world's population is still growing. Sure the growth rate of the population is waning, but it isn't projected to drop into negative growth territory, even predictions out to 2050 have it being above 0.

World Population

You'd think that if they were serious about this mass culling, then they'd try to reduce the growth rate into negative territory as soon as possible, not let it slowly drop over a 40 year time frame only to not even go negative thereby using up 40 years worth of resources with each year using up more resources than the last.

You do realize that in first world countries as the education level increases, the awareness of ones impact on the environment also increases right? Also, not being able to afford to pay for another child is another reason. Hence declining birth rates in first world nations, but third world nations are pumping out babies as fast as ever.

4. Personally, I think a LOT more of them will be exterminated in their plush underground cities than they could ever imagine. Time will tell.

Pure conjecture.

By the way, let's assume that tptb are successful with this supposed mass-culling, what is to stop the remaining population from starting another population boom? Usually the biggest spikes in the population growth rate happen RIGHT after major die-offs of our race. So if the human race sudden dropped down to 200 - 500 million people, I'd expect quite a large population boom within the next 2 or 3 generations. We'd be right back to where we are now in a century or two. From the link I provided:

A tremendous change occurred with the industrial revolution: whereas it had taken all of human history until around 1800 for world population to reach one billion, the second billion was achieved in only 130 years (1930), the third billion in less than 30 years (1959), the fourth billion in 15 years (1974), and the fifth billion in only 13 years (1987).

The technology exists to keep people alive longer and longer, expect the time frames for each of those billion people to be SIGNIFICANTLY reduced.

Seriously, everything about what you are suggesting sounds unfeasible and not likely of being successful and even if pulled off successfully would only be viable for a generation or two before we'd be back in the overcrowding situation we were in before.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck
So true about health care. Many people's lives are very literally run by computers in modern hospitals.

A significant EMP is one scenario in which a great portion of the sick, weak, very old, and very young would parish. All of the people who were, by the duties of their occupations, responsible for taking care of those aforementioned groups would be too busy taking care of their own families.

If all of America went dark, electrical components were rendered useless, and emergency services were not available (in addition to stores being closed and the food supply being reduced to ashes) only the well-prepared could survive. We would have to learn to use, live with, and be a part of nature - that is the bright side, IMO.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
GIVEN THAT CHAOS IS AN ALMOST IMMEDIATE RESULT OF A DECENT SIZED EMP BOMB/MISSILE . . . CHAOS IS A MAJOR FACTOR AND ISSUE OF THE OP

Reads like some illogical to irrational assumptions, to me.

1. Just because the NWO blokes have not created utter chaos ACCORDING TO YOUR PERSONAL AND ARBITRARY TIMELINE FOR THEM, you seem to assume they aren't doing so; about to do so; or planning to do so.

2. You seem to assume that their population reduction controlled burns are non-existent or ineffective because they have not . . .

--matched your arbitrary personal timeline for them.

--matched your arbitrary personal benchmarks for levels of success for them

As to chaos and the globalist puppet masters and their plans . . .

Perhaps some minimal research could by some stretch inform you a bit more. Here's a somewhat random smattering of what appear to be the better, more interesting links to such issues via DOGPILE.COM:

= = =
NWO OBSERVER Monitoring the NWO

"Janus--Illuminati God of Chaos and Deception"

nwoobserver.wordpress.com...

= = =

PLANNED CHAOS AT THE POLLS

expressmilwaukee.com...

= = =

= = =

CONSPIRACY OF FACTS: THE ILLUMINATI, USD, O & THE NWO

www.satansrapture.com...

Rather brash font and colors but accurate enough.

= = =

"ORDO AB CHAO"

www.ascensionministries.net...

WORLD INTELLIGENCE REVIEW: HOME OF DR JOHN COLEMAN

THE COMMITTEE OF 300

coleman300.net...

[Note, I don't agree with all his assertions though his research is extensive and largely, imho, correct]

= = =

PLANNED CHAOS

By Ludwig von Mises

= = =

A decent summary:

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

= = =

LEVERAGING RACISM FOR CHAOS--GATEWAY TO COMMUNISM

gulagbound.com...

= = =

A very good overview with tons of topics and links:

educate-yourself.org...

= = =

OVERLORDS OF CHAOS:

www.overlordsofchaos.com...

= = =

edit on 21/4/2014 by BO XIAN because: tag close

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
What I wonder is this....

Having lived through plenty of temporary blackouts, I have no doubt that the "grid" is fragile enough that we should be worried, I'm suspicious of their motives and what exactly they want to do in order to "upgrade" the grid.

I don't think an EMP taking out the entire grid is a reasonable fear but then I admit I'm not that tech savvy.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
GIVEN THAT CHAOS IS AN ALMOST IMMEDIATE RESULT OF A DECENT SIZED EMP BOMB/MISSILE . . . CHAOS IS A MAJOR FACTOR AND ISSUE OF THE OP

Reads like some illogical to irrational assumptions, to me.

1. Just because the NWO blokes have not created utter chaos ACCORDING TO YOUR PERSONAL AND ARBITRARY TIMELINE FOR THEM, you seem to assume they aren't doing so; about to do so; or planning to do so.

Life is fleeting and short, there is no point waiting 75% of your life to grab control of the world, only to die 5 years later. It makes no sense. The only way a long plan like you are outlining could be true is if these people had longer than normal lifespans or were immortal, neither of which are true since we can see evidence of these people aging normally. Therefore it makes sense that a plan of some sort would be planned out and enacted in one lifespan. Waiting generations to act out a plan requires an obscene amount of trust in your offspring and their offspring to follow the plan to the letter. They also have to trust that none of these offspring (like possibly illegitimate children) would spill the beans or try to sabotage the plan. These people are also supposed to be intelligent and conniving, and we all know that if you want something done right, you do it yourself. I don't believe for a second that any sort of plan to control the world has been in the works for generations. Maybe a general outline or just procedures about how to go about acquiring power.

2. You seem to assume that their population reduction controlled burns are non-existent or ineffective because they have not . . .

--matched your arbitrary personal timeline for them.

--matched your arbitrary personal benchmarks for levels of success for them

Until the population is actually REDUCED these people's population reduction plans aren't working. I don't care what evidence you present, that is just the straight up truth. You can't say you are successfully implementing population reduction plans and the population still continues to grow. That is just political doublespeak and I'm sure while it flies for the every man, it doesn't fly for the elite. Shrinking the derivative of population growth doesn't count as reducing the population. That just means that the population isn't growing as quickly as before and there could be any number of factors that go into why that figure is reduced.

As to chaos and the globalist puppet masters and their plans . . .

Perhaps some minimal research could by some stretch inform you a bit more. Here's a somewhat random smattering of what appear to be the better, more interesting links to such issues via DOGPILE.COM:

Do you think I haven't looked into the NWO conspiracy before or something? While I have no doubt that secret societies exist. The idea that they are working to bring about Armageddon or some other satanic thing is just silly. These secret societies most likely just exist to further each member's greed and power through mutual cooperation.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join