It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martyrdom in Islam: a 'nation that desires death more than we desire life'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Among the most common questions I come across about Islam is the Westerner's inability to fathom why or how Muslims are able to sacrifice themselves in order to kill people. Survivor's accounts of the suicide bomber's mannerisms usually tell of a calm, cool and collected young man (or woman), even in the final moments of his or her life. How or why can such a person take his or her own life, and do so without batting an eyelash?

And, even more confusing to us in the West, how can the parents and families of these killers rejoice at their passing, and wish that all of their children sacrifice themselves in such a manner?

The Christian doctrine of the Fall of Man is inseperable from the concept of salvation. In Islam, men are neither fallen nor saved, and can do nothing except avoid Fitnah and shirk to be granted eternal life, if it is the will of All�h ([004.116]), for these are the only sins which are utterly unforgivable.

Please read on...

[edit on 27-11-2004 by Ibn Iblis]

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Suicide is a sin in Islam:

Do not kill yourselves, for Allah is compassionate towards you. Whoever does so, in transgression and wrongfully, We shall roast in a fire, and that is an easy matter for Allah. (an-Nisaa 4:29-30)

The Prophet said, "Whoever intentionally swears falsely by a religion other than Islam, then he is what he has said, (e.g. if he says, 'If such thing is not true then I am a Jew,' he is really a Jew). And whoever commits suicide with piece of iron will be punished with the same piece of iron in the Hell Fire." Narrated Jundab the Prophet said, "A man was inflicted with wounds and he committed suicide, and so Allah said: My slave has caused death on himself hurriedly, so I forbid Paradise for him." (Sahih Bukhari 2.445)

The Prophet said, "He who commits suicide by throttling shall keep on throttling himself in the Hell Fire (forever) and he who commits suicide by stabbing himself shall keep on stabbing himself in the Hell-Fire." (Sahih Bukhari 2.446, 2.445)

There are some interesting qoutes from that sight you touted:

But those who believe (in the Oneness of All�h - Isl�mic Monotheism) and do deeds of righteousness, We shall admit them to the Gardens under which rivers flow (i.e. in Paradise) to dwell therein forever. All�h's Promise is the Truth, and whose words can be truer than those of All�h? (Of course, none).

Text

American soldiers have tanks, these 'terrorists' do not.

Deep

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
There is a distinct difference between slicing one's wrist or hanging one's self and sacrificing one's worthless earth shell in order to send the infidel into the abyss.

Obviously.

One is an act of selfishness and weakness, the other an act of sacrifice in the cause of Allah (jihad), and act of true faith.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Islam is not a nation, it is a religion.
Suicide is suicide, no matter how YOU or Bin Laden see it, and it is a sin.
Sucide bombers have political goals.
Martyrdom is dying in battle, DEFENDING country, family, and the right to practice religion freely. Suicide is not martyrdom, regardless of what Bin Laden says.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
It goes alot further than what bin Laden thinks.

There are A LOT of Muslims who think this way. Too many to simply dismiss as not being correct in faith.

I provided one such example in the opening post, of mothers rejoicing at the deaths of their sons and their desire to sacrifice more of their children in such a manner. Here is another link:

www.memri.org...

It's also an interesting discussion on what or who exactly the "black-eyed" are and what purpose they serve.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Hope it's not against the rules if I just bump this topic up.

top topics

join