Democracy dying at the hands of the Left - The Welfare State

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Take away poor people's assistance and your society will end up with millions starving and homeless

You think they care about that? No republicans don't give a damn about human life except for when it's a voting issue.

Yep, I know that.

They're so twisted and sour with the 'I don't ask for help so no-one else should ask for help' type of attitude. I don't get it. I don't want to get it.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: rickynews

Something like this.....

See anything "familiar" ?

I assume that you are defending the "free market" in some way. I dont see much difference between the communist state owning everything and the corporate state owning everything. From where the common person stands there probably isnt much difference in the way the oppression feels from either ideology.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed
a reply to: freakjive

What I find pretty much odd (and you and similar people with the same opinion should be ashamed) that you almost make it sound like those people who are out of work are criminals or doing something unlawful. Your hate/anger is obvious.

Now go and ask 100 random unemployed people WHY they are unemployed and whose fault it is..and whether they'd actually like a steady job such as the "rest" of the "real Americans" who are working. Do you seriously think that most unemployed are happy about it and that it's THEIR "fault" being out of work?

Is your "two class" society now come so far as that "the hard working people" are hating upon the unemployed, RATHER than seeing unemployment as a problem? Do you SERIOUSLY believe that a majority (!) of those out of work "enjoy" their life? Or do you make a general assumption that those out of work must ALL be "leeches" who are "un-rightfully" and "happily" out of work and enjoy it? (Because on TV or whatever media you once heard about a bunch of people who DO in-fact abuse the sysetm which I don't even want to deny).
To support your argument or to refute the OP, maybe you should research how many people are career welfare recipients, who never work, but subsist off of government handouts. That could help or hurt your argument, depending upon the numbers. Whadayasay?

Oh here are some numbers. Not sure how current or accurate they are but almost 50% are on the dole for at least 2 years and 20% for more than 5 years.
edit on 03347Wednesdayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

I assume that you are defending the "free market" in some way. I dont see much difference between the communist state owning everything and the corporate state owning everything. From where the common person stands there probably isnt much difference in the way the oppression feels from either ideology.

A *True* free market yes.

We are drifting further and further away.....

<< 2  3  4   >>

join