learn more

Democracy dying at the hands of the Left - The Welfare State

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+14 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson.

A lot of you lefties are going to attack me for this thread, but that's okay. I understand it's a tough pill to swallow. The stats come from the end of the 2011 census. You can only multiply these numbers as the welfare receiving population continues to grow exponentially.

86,429,000 workers sustained the benefits of 147,802,000 benefit-receiving individuals! - Yes - 1.7 to 1 was how outnumbered us hard-working individuals were.

This is a nightmare and something our founding fathers realized to be a looming problem if allowed to exist. The fear of big government and the welfare state.

Buried deep on the website of the U.S. Census Bureau is a number every American citizen, and especially those entrusted with public office, should know. It is 86,429,000.

That is the number of Americans who in 2012 got up every morning and went to work — in the private sector — and did it week after week after week.

As the article states, 86M seems like a very healthy number of day to day workers but when coupled with the numbers of blood suckers taking from the system and giving none back, it becomes ugly and fast!

These are the people who built America, and these are the people who can sustain it as a free country. The liberal media have not made them famous like the polar bear, but they are truly a threatened species.

How much more can the 86,429,000 endure?

As more baby boomers retire, and as Obamacare comes fully online — with its expanded Medicaid rolls and federally subsidized health insurance for anyone earning less than 400 percent of the poverty level — the number of takers will inevitably expand. And the number of full-time private-sector workers might also contract.

Read more at the Article Source

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a slight step towards banker ruled communism every day
the boiling frog thing again

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Your numbers fail to take into account people who have a job but also receive government assistance. I'm sure quite a few of the people from both figures overlap.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: freakjive

S&F!

Uhmmm? What democracy

US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study

But don't worry ... here comes the cavalry to the rescue ...

Scalia To Student: If Taxes Go Too High ‘Perhaps You Should Revolt’

And yet ...

The utter collapse of human civilization will be ‘difficult to avoid,’ NASA funded study says

When we all could be growing our own food on our own land ...

Habitable land/Number of people= 2.3 Acres a person

... Just like the Amish do ...

Guess Who Leads The Future Of Food? Surprise!

... Using vertical farming to increase the amount of produce produced ...

The Great Awakening

... Therefor becoming self sufficient and independent!

Because ... A Pox on Representative Politics! It Is A Poison To Society! Anarchy Is The Answer!

Be Well Citizen!

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Exactly! How many of those people work for Wall Mart or McDonald's. Not to mention the corporate welfare financial toll on society.

+15 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

What I find pretty much odd (and you and similar people with the same opinion should be ashamed) that you almost make it sound like those people who are out of work are criminals or doing something unlawful. Your hate/anger is obvious.

Now go and ask 100 random unemployed people WHY they are unemployed and whose fault it is..and whether they'd actually like a steady job such as the "rest" of the "real Americans" who are working. Do you seriously think that most unemployed are happy about it and that it's THEIR "fault" being out of work?

Is your "two class" society now come so far as that "the hard working people" are hating upon the unemployed, RATHER than seeing unemployment as a problem? Do you SERIOUSLY believe that a majority (!) of those out of work "enjoy" their life? Or do you make a general assumption that those out of work must ALL be "leeches" who are "un-rightfully" and "happily" out of work and enjoy it? (Because on TV or whatever media you once heard about a bunch of people who DO in-fact abuse the sysetm which I don't even want to deny).

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Exactly! How many of those people work for Wall Mart or McDonald's. Not to mention the corporate welfare financial toll on society.

I hope you realize that speaking about our sacred "Job Creators" in such a way can get you labeled as a sacrilegious lefty here on ATS.

Just the same, I agree with you 100%!

How dare people get old and go into retirement, utilizing the S.S. benefit they paid for their entire working career. Furthermore, how dare those old retirees get sick and need the Medicare benefits they paid for their entire working career.

And not a single word about those in government who have robbed these funds via earmarks and the like, just to fund special interest projects for those who would donate generously to their campaigns and/or their discrete overseas bank accounts. Sometimes, just for the promise of enjoying a high-paying lobbyist job after they leave Congress.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Welfare wouldn't be necessary if the government was doing its job. When debt collectors are working for an establishment that is itself in debt, someone is getting screwed. And from the sound of it, people wish we'd keep our screwed-ness to ourselves. I'm not talking about people who live on welfare and nothing else, I mean people whose money goes just as far as yours: next payday and not a minute further.
edit on 21-4-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Ridiculous. We are all slaves in this system. Take the fight to the masters, not to your fellow slaves.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

It doesn't matter why they are not working - what matters is when the majority of those who vote are not working the elections will keep going to those who promise more handouts and freebies.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed

What I find pretty much odd (and you and similar people with the same opinion should be ashamed) that you almost make it sound like those people who are out of work are criminals or doing something unlawful. Your hate/anger is obvious.

I'm not ashamed in the least bit. I do have a lot of hate and anger but you're misdirecting where it's placed. Sure, I don't like the ones who have the capability to work and do not (what I labeled "blood suckers"). But I HATE the SYSTEM. I hate the fact that our big government is making it easier for people to live on the backs of the ones who will do anything to maintain an income and do their share.

It's not something that I have seen on TV or heard about. It's something I live with everyday...we all do.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
This is all trivial. We are nearing a time when if there's a will there's a way. We theoretically don't need the pressures of economy to keep people slaving to heat their homes and eat their bread in manner they still are slaving today. But owners of capital who want to keep on playing king act as a buffer to ensure their square footage isn't shared and to ensure their servants remain cold and hungry.

What do you ACTUALLY expect the solution to be? Swing back to the right? Supporting a political view that likes bigotry, war and hate is not the answer. We eventually have to face the realities that we are a resource consuming multifaceted species.Societies function should be to serve our interests and well being. Not to allow those willing to trample over others and play domination.
edit on 21-4-2014 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Oh yea!
Let's go ahead and institute the "if you don't pay taxes - you can't vote" strategy.
That will make a democracy work much better.
If you want to vote, get a job; just don't get old, or hurt, or be born with any sort of problem.

As soon as we can get "these people" to die-off, all our worries will be over and we can get on with really making this the "land of opportunity".

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: teamcommander

Oh yea!
Let's go ahead and institute the "if you don't pay taxes - you can't vote" strategy.

Well that certainly came from left field. Where in the OP or anywhere else for that matter, have I stated that if you don't pay taxes you don't vote?

Please. Stick to the topic.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Yes...that is a scary thought to add!! All these "jobs" the Obamanation says he has created....yeah...part time jobs that can't support a family, let alone an individual and p/t jobs usually don't come with benefits... i.e. healthcare

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: freakjive

originally posted by: teamcommander

Oh yea!

Well that certainly came from left field. Where in the OP or anywhere else for that matter, have I stated that if you don't pay taxes you don't vote?

Please. Stick to the topic.

Oh! My bad.
I thought most people had been keeping up with this subject in the MSM.
Not long ago some "rich mucky-muck" made a statement to the effect "that only those who paid taxes should be able to vote, and since he paid a lot of taxes, he should be allowed more than one vote."
I guess I'm the only one who notice and remember such things. Hope this will bring it back a little "from left field".
Just trying to make democracy work better.
edit on 21-4-2014 by teamcommander because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Living in civilized society costs tax money to ensure that no citizen falls below acceptable living standards.

Take away poor people's assistance and your society will end up with millions starving and homeless, a third world society - and you'll STILL be paying taxes. And those who are hungry will simply TAKE what they need, from those who have anything to take.

So don't moan when you get what you wish for.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
necessity is the mother of invention...

if the US had no safety net mexico's population would certainly increase
first from mexicans going or staying home...
then from all the illegal immigrants going there to get food shelter and healthcare

Report: Walmart Workers Cost Taxpayers $6.2 Billion In Public Assistance
www.abovetopsecret.com...
there's your trouble

edit on Monam4b20144America/Chicago04 by Danbones because: (no reason given)
edit on Monam4b20144America/Chicago15 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Social assistance is a stopgap measure - not a solution. Corporations need to be forced to share the wealth, the pay disparity is ridiculous.

the Economic Policy Institute, a think-tank, calculates that chief executives at America's 350 biggest companies were paid 231 times as much as the average private-sector worker in 2011.

Since when is a person worth 231 times another person? What happened to the notion of human equality?

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

It doesn't matter why they are not working - what matters is when the majority of those who vote are not working the elections will keep going to those who promise more handouts and freebies.

So it boils down to voting for people who will let you starve or people will not let you starve. How do you think the vote will go?
edit on 21-4-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join