It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Self-confessed sceptic snaps photo of UFO over Caloundra

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
It's easy to say it could be this or it could be that, just to satisfy a skeptics fear of the possibility something unexplained can be real.

As far as I know this is real, and it's unexplained. I'm not skeptical about that.
However, my attitude is that without any additional information, I just don't think it has any value.

So what?

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Perhaps

IF you don't know size or distance in the dark how can you work out speed?

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DilligafMisfit
well i'd go as far as to say: they flew billions upon trillions of light years to our planet. if they have the tech to do that then y wouldnt they have the tech to scramble our image capture tools? I would think that would be a no brainer.

Why not take it the next logical half-step and suppose that they would have the ability to be completely invisible and undetectable to us?

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThinkingCap
And regarding folks who are wishing for some superb HD footage of impressive UFOs, all I can say is: Even with expensive equipment, it is still very difficult to take a quality shot of a moving object. That being said, I too wish that one day someone would get lucky enough to film a UFO that really displays extraordinary qualities. I witnessed several astonishing things in Northern California, but because I had no equipment I'll unfortunately be going to the grave with my experiences. That's just something people like me have had to come to terms with.

One day, perhaps.

S+F either way, thanks for sharing.

That day may be closer than you think!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
It's only a matter of time before smartphones have HD night-vision, and probably other settings, which should help snap some decent shots. Most CGI can be debunked pretty quickly anyway. I would invest in a hi-tech camera myself but being in Scotland we don't get many UFO sightings, if any. I look forward to when the International Space Station puts cameras live since astronauts see UFOs a lot, but I doubt they will be truly "live" unfortunately.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
The legend is true, the Phoenix has returned.

Pretty hard to make out what we are looking at here.

It is a star, I have been looking at it for months ( Gold Coast, Queensland ).At first look it does look like a Phoenix, interesting that you too come up with that.There are two that appear like this at the moment, one larger than the other.I don't know why they appear flared like in the OP, but they are stars and act static like stars.The photographer is lying about movement, for what ever reason he thinks benefits his personal agenda. Anyone here in Queensland can varify what I am saying by looking up, looking South east from about 7.30 pm.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift
totally in agreement on that one home slice!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: 13th Zodiac

It is a star, I have been looking at it for months ( Gold Coast, Queensland ).At first look it does look like a Phoenix, interesting that you too come up with that.There are two that appear like this at the moment, one larger than the other.I don't know why they appear flared like in the OP, but they are stars and act static like stars.The photographer is lying about movement, for what ever reason he thinks benefits his personal agenda. Anyone here in Queensland can varify what I am saying by looking up, looking South east from about 7.30 pm.

I suspect what you have been looking at recently has been the planets Saturn and Mars. Nothing to do with the OP.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

The only way skeptics will ever change their perspective on the phenomenon is when they actually witness a sighting, which is what this pilot experienced.

WeRpeons, well said and I don't know about this sighting but there's another good example below of a anti-UFO skeptical pilot being 'flabbergasted and confounded'' by an unknown object in the sky - apparently the pilot was 'cynically critical of most of the purported saucer sightings' but the encounter really did make him question his assumptions.

Thread

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pimpish
a reply to: DJW001

So, if they looked and behaved like Chinese lanterns... perhaps they are Chinese laqntern?

I think if you continue reading, the next line might help:

Then a third warm-orange glow appeared and suddenly changed direction, tracked north-east and quickly disappeared. "We were looking for an identifier; a beacon or strobe light but there wasn't any," he said.

They saw the two that looked like Chinese lanterns, then a third one that behaved differently.

But he only has one photo of something that looks like a blurry Chinese lantern? Colour me underwhelmed, for now.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: 13th Zodiac

I suspect what you have been looking at recently has been the planets Saturn and Mars. Nothing to do with the OP.

Yes that would be them, and yes it has Everything to do with the OP, because that is what is in the photograph ( Only the photographer's Word that it is moving ) .Frigging sad, Mr I want to Believe ! Bit desperate to fan your fantasies.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   

edit on 22-4-2014 by dadfortruth because: Double posted

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I think the image most likely shows the object and cameras movement whilst the shutter was opened.

Most likely was one of the many UFO's that have been sighted that look like red/amber balls.

I'm not sure about QLD, but in my part of aus many people including myself have seen these things, and they are defiantly not lanterns.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
well in 2 days we have two different looking ufo's the likes of which I have no explanation for, nor any possible idea what they could be. The other one already has its own thread, the one that looks kind of like a flying beetle or something that was seen in Mexico near to where there was an earthquake. I cannot say I have seen anything like this or the other one. Truly unidentifed..

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Yes they do, then people like you call them drones doing military maneuvers

originally posted by: mrmeeseeks

originally posted by: flipflop
why O why O why, can't someone out of 8 billion capture a decent picture of unidentified objects, its interesting yes, but is just another image to add to the several thousand that look similar. there is very little to go on, could be absolutely anything, at first it looks like a tear in black material held up to the sun and photographed. but literally there are hundreds of ways to produce such an image, so it has to be filed away with all the others just like it..

With modern equipment and software, you would think it would be relatively easy to set up some kind of automated Cam to scan the skies.

A good HD Digital, with an optical zoom, Night vision.

set up the software to follow the motion it detects in the sky, Ive seen automated Paint Ball turrets that use similar, Set it up to work off moving light sources.

You would probably get a lot of air traffic and sats, and you might get some surprises.

Id wager it could be made for under 1000, I wonder if anyone in the UFO Research field has tried that at a Hotspot...

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: flipflop
why O why O why, can't someone out of 8 billion capture a decent picture of unidentified objects, its interesting yes, but is just another image to add to the several thousand that look similar. there is very little to go on, could be absolutely anything, at first it looks like a tear in black material held up to the sun and photographed. but literally there are hundreds of ways to produce such an image, so it has to be filed away with all the others just like it..

I thought this too, until I tried taking a decent pic of the recent blood moon with a decent camera without a tripod.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Dang! you beat me to it!

pretty cool to imagine the OPs pic as a Phoenix anyway.

Maybe it's one of those mysterious triangular crafts that have been sighted recently...in night mode...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 22-4-2014 by GoShredAK because: edit

top topics

<< 1   >>

join