It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Affordable Care Act" (AKA Obamacare) - a mathematical analysis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
here's some new numbers for everyone to consider....

that's 372 BILLION dollars....

that's how much money could be collected in a year, if everyone paid 100 dollars a month....i'm pretty sure we could fund a National Medical Services System with 372 BILLION dollars, and have no problems....

as long as certain regulations and controls were put in place, i'm SURE it could work...it would also be a win-win....the federal government could earn a lot of credit toward restoring confidence, by doing something truly beneficial for the citizens, AND it would benefit the citizens, by not only making sure that every one of them has access to medical services, but it would ensure they have a little more money in their pockets....

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus
Just think how much money the companies and government are going to be making of us, allthe while we get screwed, with worse care, higher premiums, higher cost, higher deductible, I'm depressed.

This is why I have to wonder what they are really up to, they are destroying us from every side, food, utilities, you name it.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

You answered your own question.

The Zero–one law of mathematics.

And I think the total medical spending is around $3 trillion a year.

worth looking over.....
National Health Expenditures 2012 Highlights

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

yes, but as the fee increases, so will that revenue figure...2.3 billion, to us, is a LOT of money...more than any one of us could probably ever spend..to the federal government, you're right, it's not a lot, but think of how much you can actually buy with that much money....every little bit counts.

besides, when they have no business taking it in the first place, even a single dollar is a travesty..

"Every little bit counts" is not in the federal government's vocabulary when it comes to spending (specifically NOT spending). Taxing, absolutely, but not spending.

edit on 21-4-2014 by ScientiaFortisDefendit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

You answered your own question.

The Zero–one law of mathematics.

And I think the total medical spending is around $3 trillion a year.

worth looking over.....
National Health Expenditures 2012 Highlights

-sigh- speak plainly, will you?

if you think i've done something incorrectly, then explain.....don't make vague references to a mathematical component in probability theory.

as to spending....that's under the current system....that can be reduced A LOT, with the right controls and regulations.
edit on 21-4-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
My father works for AFLAC selling supplemental insurance, he tells me that the majority of Americans have NO idea what they are in for when the ACA fully kicks in. Unpayable deductibles, being on the hook for 40% of the medical bills (40/60 plans), rates continuing to go up, the government fine is supposed to increase yearly as well. So many Americans are about to be so royally screwed, many of which naively supported this monstrosity of a bill because of good intentions, but as the saying goes, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Krazy, please tell me what you think is the real reason the government is doing this to us?

To make money.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join