It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korean nuclear site shows increased activities

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Okay, I know... You were just thinking to yourself. 'Self.. It's just boring.. Nothing is going on in the world. I wish something would happen'. (Careful talking to self...self can be a wickedly creative one for answers)

It won't be boring this week, it seems.

SEOUL, April 21 (Yonhap) -- North Korea has increased activities at its underground nuclear site, military sources said Monday, in what could be preparations for another atomic test ahead of U.S. President Barack Obama's upcoming Asia trip.

What Asia trip? Oh...

The latest move comes as Obama is set to visit South Korea from Friday to Saturday as part of his Asia trip, which will also include stops in Japan, Malaysia and the Philippines. Earlier this month, Pyongyang threatened to conduct a "new form" of nuclear test in protest of ongoing joint South Korea-U.S. exercises. The annual drills ended on Friday.
Source

...That one. Yeah.. Why not? The President is flying into an area on the day active military drills are going on, in what has never actually had a peace treaty....and just to make it all interesting, Kim figures this is the time to play 'Guess that test!'. Will it be a Thermonuke this time, another low yield Emp or another atomic one? So many possibilities and just the perfect setting for an official state visit.

Errr... I'm sure the Secret Service love weeks like this. I'm also guessing things like TUMS are just part of the kit for every one of them.

Welcome to a brand new week!

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Another day, Another Apocalypse.

How humanity has survived this long, Ill never know.

Lil Kimmy might not want to mess around too much, We seem to be itching to start something.

What with Japan getting the okay to beef up its army via a reinterpretation by NATO...

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Crazy planet to live on, we are so busy killing our self and nature.

On the positive side, the thread you made is well made, easy to read and presented.

s&f Wrabbit2000

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Okay, I know... You were just thinking to yourself. 'Self.. It's just boring.. Nothing is going on in the world. I wish something would happen'. (Careful talking to self...self can be a wickedly creative one for answers)

So all this is 'Selfs' fault then, right???

One day Kim is going to be just playing around and something is going to go terribly wrong
Just hope it involves blowing his house up and not striking another country

edit on 21-4-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I just wish everyone could step back and see it from NK's point of view. From their perspective, the US are an occupying force on the Korean Peninsular who have set up a puppet government.

I am absolutely certain that SK would prefer things to stay as they are but perspectives are important.

The only countries not getting blown up and invaded by the US are the ones with The Bomb.

Therefore, logic dictates, they need The Bomb.

P

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I'm interested to see what type of test this will be. As stated in the OP (and something i wish to reiterate), the North Koreans were claiming that their next one will be unprecedented...i quote from the New York Times:

North Korea threatened on Sunday to carry out a “new form” of nuclear test, a year after its third nuclear test raised military tensions on the divided Korean Peninsula and prompted the United Nations to tighten sanctions against the North.

The North’s Foreign Ministry did not clarify what it meant by a “new form” in its statement, carried by the North’s official Korean Central News Agency. But Washington and its allies have long suspected the country of trying to make nuclear devices small and sophisticated enough to be delivered by intercontinental ballistic missiles it was also developing.

www.nytimes.com...

Thanks for the heads up. Will be interesting to see what happens as a result.

Daas.
edit on 21-4-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Leave Kim alone !!!

He's still eating bar-b-q relatives who he had executed by flame throwers the other month that I read about in the papers

You do believe what you read in the papers don't you ?

pheonix358

You are spot on with your assessment and if Russia was not in on the phony war games in the Ukraine then you could bet they would be sending Iran a few nukes for safe keeping.
edit on 21-4-2014 by VirusGuard because: Both big toes touched each other by accident

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Well with all the world looking at Putin Little Kim likely getting abit jealous.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
You know...if Korea ever unified...the minerals in the north and agriculture in the south...they could actually be a top notch country....

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Definitely keeping an eye on this one, personally I seriously doubt the test will be thermonuclear, they can't have very many hydrogen bombs and it would be more in their interests to hold back the real toys for the main act so to speak. You don't use up such a precious resource for a dress rehearsal I'm guessing that it might be another low yield fission device launched from a theater ballistic missile. I could be way off but just $.02 worth of my gut feeling.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Well with all the world looking at Putin Little Kim likely getting abit jealous.

I hate to speculate, but you may be right with a darker motive.

I understand from a friend of mine who is outside Seoul, the Ferry disaster is basically all that's fit for news to cover right now, as one might well understand for the magnitude of the tragedy. So, basically, little or nothing but that is covering their media. At least, that's my impression.

If THAT is what Kim is jealous about losing coverage to..and who knows, he gets weird about his ego issues...then this might backfire pretty hard on the guy. Even he's expected to find a little sliver of a heart somewhere, on some things.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
I just wish everyone could step back and see it from NK's point of view. From their perspective, the US are an occupying force on the Korean Peninsular who have set up a puppet government.

I am absolutely certain that SK would prefer things to stay as they are but perspectives are important.

The only countries not getting blown up and invaded by the US are the ones with The Bomb.

P

Normally I would agree. However I refuse to support a nasty regime that is North Korea. It has concentration camps and millions have died. Dissent is stamped upon and one word or even accidentially knocking Kim's picture down will see you sent to a concentration camp or taken outside and shot. It is immoral to even defend North Korea. I have no argument with the North Korean people. It is the Elite and regime in North Korea I would like to see sent to the lowest parts of Hell and dammed for eternity.

edit on 21/4/14 by Wirral Bagpuss because: Typo

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Good ol' Kimmy rhetoric and chest pounding.

Star and flag. Posting so I can keep an eye on it.

-SAP-

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Never fails, just when you thought Kim was slipping out of the limelight he finds a way right back into the center of it. Will this be an actual shock and awe show, or another lame rocket that does nothing but fizzle out and fall into the ocean?

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Wirral Bagpuss

Normally I would agree. However I refuse to support a nasty regime that is North Korea. It has concentration camps and millions have died. Dissent is stamped upon and one word or even accidentially knocking Kim's picture down will see you sent to a concentration camp or taken outside and shot. It is immoral to even defend North Korea. I have no argument with the North Korean people. It is the Elite and regime in North Korea I would like to see sent to the lowest parts of Hell and dammed for eternity.

IF the regime is as bad as all that then I would certainly agree as long as we get rid of all the other regimes that do similar things. Those that kill women and children for example. Those that use water boarding and other torture.

Do not believe for a moment that I support NK. I do not! All people should be free!

I have only said that we need to see events from their perspective.

I do know that most of what comes from the West in terms of this guy is evil or that guy is evil is pure crap. I am loath to take the US Government at its word. I just don't know, it is that simple. But they do have a right to defend themselves!

While it is said that the NK people are brainwashed, I could lay the exact same complaint on the US citizens many of whom are still brainwashed to believe that the President is actually leading his country and that they are the world's good guys. They are not.

So I have one set of people that I know are evil telling me that another set of guys are evil incarnate. Who do I believe?

P

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Do we have an exact date or?

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

P

Yup just ask Gaddafi if he had a choice would he wish to own one, or Saddam. Why not ask Assad how he's doing right now? Something tells me he'd give his left nut to have one right about now.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MessageforAll

Doubtful the DPRK would give that kind of information out.

-SAP-

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Assuming you live down under by the aus, how do you feel about your government???

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: teslahowitzer
a reply to: pheonix358

Assuming you live down under by the aus, how do you feel about your government???

Some act like a pack of dingoes, many are similar to wombats, two or three are fine human beings. Most of them steal, they cheat and they lie. Telling lies while representing the people of a Nation should be a Capital Offense.

P

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join