It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expanding earth theory now plausible science?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: savagediver

300 tons/day = 109,500,000,000,000 tons in 1 billion years.

Average density of the Earth's crust is about 3.2 g/cm3 so lets use that. We get a volume of 31.042 cubic kilometers. Using the current surface area of the Earth, that would make a layer about 2.5 inches thick...after 1 billion years.
edit on 4/21/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Average density of the Earth's crust is about 3.2 g/cm3 so lets use that. We get a volume of 31.042 cubic kilometers. Using the current surface area of the Earth, that would make a layer about 2.5 inches thick...after 1 billion years.

What about the creation of organic matter grown on Earth over the millennium, ie grass cuttings and dead leaves that fall from trees and turn to compost along with animal droppings, surely that must have an accumulative effect as well ?

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ken10

Maybe you should read upon the Ionic Growing Earth, it could provide some info from where the mass came from.
It also points out how cosmic dust, comets, meteorites could have helped expanding the earth.
Ionic Growing Earth

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
No. That's called recycling. There's no new material provided.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

No. That's called recycling. There's no new material provided.

I thought plants convert gas (co2) into a solid through photosynthesis....so the new material provided would be our atmosphere in a round about way.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Somewhat. But why do you think plants grow so much better when provided with compost? Why do you think nutrients have to be added to soil to maintain plant growth?

Something to think about...did you know that the soil in forests is really not very good? That's because the compost is constantly recycled. It doesn't really accumulate.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

So dumping your garbage in the forest may not be such a stupid idea?

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: intergalactic fire

If it's organic, don't panic.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
even plastic

didn't knew you were supporting organic

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

didn't knew you were supporting organic

I don't support crapping in our own nest if that's what you mean.
Do you think landfills are the cause of the expanding Earth?

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Funny you're saying this, was just thinking the same.
I bet that's why governments pushing recycling before people will use this as an argument for the expanding earth.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Except that, as far as the radius of the earth goes, it is recycling. Just like subduction is.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Because the fact is they could grow that big they were cold blooded not all but the big ones so were not under the same biological restrictions mammals. Also being egg bearers is believed to have also made it also possible. Couple that with the 10% more oxygen rich atmosphere and they could grow that size. Also they hotter environment as we see now seems to go hand in hand with larger beasts. There is also another more recent and simple idea that the grew because there was less compition in the larger range than the med. However you dont see the meat eaters getting to massive sizes because their mass would have made it harder for them to catch prey. However this does not cover all they reasons just another part.

I meant by do your own research, investigate online, read be objective because nothing said on that video moved me to believe in any way that person knew what they were talking about. He told us what we all know, the maths, about mass etc but he tried to use it to explain the biology without any real detailed biological research. It was simply bad science. No reference to all the massive amounts of research done in palaeontology on muscle and bone structure of Dinosaurs.

Not everything is a lie. It’s good to ask questions but to blindly accept ideas and concepts without question and investigation is scary. We have all seen the ancient aliens programs on History, do we accept the facts they say or do we ask ourselves what is the truth? Separating truth from fiction is part of the fun of being on this site. I enjoy the theories I hear on here and see on other sites but I don’t just accept what I am being told is fact!

edit on 22-4-2014 by murph3010 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-4-2014 by murph3010 because: I have dyslexia and noticed missing words and mistakes that is why you will see more editing on my post. I hit the enter button because it looks right then after reading it over and over i see my mistakes. Its hard work lol

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
every time a comet goes around the sun
it has a great deal of dust each time!

I think space if Full of very small dust.
even light is said to have mass!
so sun and star light slowly adds to the earth.

300 ton a day? wow!
most of that would end up in the sea.
it falls to earth slowly. Not like a meteor.
so no burn up.
even is it did burn up.
the dust from that would settle on earth.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Ok there Phage , thats not quite as much as my wondering mind was just wandering at. While that is a significant amout of additional matter it is not really much in the way of mass enough to consider it expansion on the level I was thinking of or in terms of what most eeh peeps would be considering.
I have just been diagnosed with limes disease and using that as an excuse to not do the elementary mathmatics you just did for me. I am just so damn fatigued and drained mentally that I have been leaning toward what feels like extra-ordinary laziness.
Thanks for doing that for me and helping me get a grasp on that little idea I had and the minor math behind it without taking a jab at me or belittling me. I really do get so damn tired and foggy minded and at times simple things just wear me out or I get confused a bit easy cause of the limes.
I hope in the near future if and when I post and am having brain fog and fatigued others will be straight forward with answering me and treat me decent as you did. Seems I have had this for along time now (17 years) and other than some cycles of antibiotics that will be mostly fruitless is all I have to look forward to, damage is done.
Let that be a lesson to anyone else , if you have had a mess of ticks on you for a good bit of time , especially the deer ticks ,go to your primary doc and get the blood tests done. Not that big of a cost and if your smart and dont wait for years like I did they can treat with great success if they get you early.
Thanks again for respecting this old fart who now has another strike against my already limited brain power.

Your a stand up guy and I sincerely appreciate help with answers without being made to feel stupid. Good example to the rest of the member out there , you just never know the problems or mental impediments some of us who ask questions face. Some of us are not dumb but rather just have some obstacles we deal with , some days worse than others.

Thanks again

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: intergalactic fire
a reply to: Olivine
created by the collision of 2 tectonic plates?

Yeppers.
That is what interpretation of the geologic record indicates.

Continent vs. continent collision raised the Appalachian-Ouachita chain to lofty, Himalayan-scale ranges.

USGS

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

Maybe Earth's core being hot makes the earth expand. Increasing pressure expands the crust and makes for volcanic and geologic activity.

I guess this is plausible, expanding Earth theory, never heard that one before.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Love the fact you worked out the possible thickness of any layer based on dust sized particulate matter but Phage you have to admit it is still a hell of a lot of mass and that it is only an estimate based on best current data, by the way is there any truth to the idea that the solar system and indeed the local group of stars that we are part of actually move through the galactic ecliptic every 50.000 or so year's and does that not indicate the possability that this level of debris may be more variable than we currently estimate as varient orbist cross track's.
There are a number of theory's which intrigue me including the idea that the aluminium rich continents may have once been a smaller planetoid with soft impacted the surface of the still molten earth and whose less dense makeup allowed it to then float on the iron rich heavyer material of the crust, of course there is also the fact that during pangea and gondwanaland there was a single ocean and these super continents were partially submerged so does that suggest the possablity of shallow oceanic crust even possible shorter lived basaltic continent's during these epoch's.
And you missed a ploy on the tethy's ocean, it is were it is believed that the ancestor's of the wales and dolphins lived along it's shore's, they were a peculiar wolf like animal with hooved feet which became semi aquatic and possible fished before losing the ability to use the land altogether, the Tethys was shallow, warm and very rich in life and today the Himalayan peak's are still rising as the area is still geologically active, it may be this constant change in terrain which led to the demise of the Sarasvati river in india which is still remembered and was once greater than the ganghis, indeed the drying up of that once mighty river may have played a forgotten part in the migration of human culture as the formerly fertile region became a dust bowl.

edit on 22-4-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

by the way is there any truth to the idea that the solar system and indeed the local group of stars that we are part of actually move through the galactic ecliptic every 50.000 or so year's and does that not indicate the possability that this level of debris may be more variable than we currently estimate as varient orbist cross track's.
No. The Solar System passes through the Galactic equator once every 30 million years or so. www.astro.ncu.edu.tw...

Let's kick up the rate of accretion a million times. A steady rate of 300,000,000 tons a day for a billion years. That adds 38 miles to Earth's radius, 1%. Doesn't really account for South America moving 1600 miles from Africa in 145 million years.

edit on 4/22/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I completely agree with the theory.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join