It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recall: Kraft recalling 96,000 pounds of Oscar Meyer Wieners

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Kraft Foods Group, Inc. of Columbia, Mo. recalling around 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer Classic Wieners because the products may contain Classic Cheese Dogs in the Classic Wieners’ packages. According to the USDA, the product labels are incorrect, as they do not reflect the ingredients associated with the pasteurized cheese in the cheese. The products were formulated with milk, a known allergen, which is not declared on the product label.

link 1

link 2

I know one shouldn't take recalls lightly, but this made me chuckle a little. Apparently, someone must have switched labels or must have separated the wrong weenies to make this gaffe.

But for any ATSers in the area, it's wise to check your meat if you haven't been alerted already

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TheToastmanCometh

I loved hot dogs until I was 9 or 10, till one day my dad told me that hot dogs are made out of pig lips and A-holes. I never ate hot dogs till I was 24-25 years old.

When I was later a teen I told my dad that this stuff SPAM was great, till he told me that everything that wasn't good enough to go into hot dogs went into SPAM. I did't eat SPAM again till I was in my 30's.

Damn you dad!!

Mis-Labeling can mis-lead you a wee bit, lol

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AK907ICECOLD

I'll eat Oscar Mayer hot dogs, but Smeat is a huge NOOOOOOOOOOO

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TheToastmanCometh

When I was saving for a new truck, I was eating SPAM for lunch to save money. sometimes it was saltine crackers, cheese, and SPAM right out of the can with a spoon.

I once heard that all the Aliens that were captured since 47', the military needed a place to dispose of their bodies. So they ground them up and put them into cans, hence:

S liced
P rocessed
A lien
M eat

I think they had to mis-label that, as for the real cover-up. LMAO

edit on 21-4-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: Geez

edit on 21-4-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: Omg I can't pu a sentence together to save my life

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
What is the world coming to when a guy can't trust whats inside a wiener? I mean really... I'd be a little miffed to find cheese in mine.

Shame on you Oscar Meyer. Sheesh...

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
OOooooohhhhhhhh...

Ii wish I were an Oscar Mayer wiener
That is what I'd truly like to be.
And if I were an Oscar Mayer wiener
Everyone would be in love with me.

Unless I were filled with cheese.

edit on 21-4-2014 by ScientiaFortisDefendit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
At this point in time, my 3-year-old would truly consider that a bonus as much as he loves cheese and hot dogs.

"Mom! ... Mom! I got cheese. Cheese in my hot dog! ... Mom!"

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

at age 23, I'd be just as excited to find cheese dogs in my hot dogs

top topics

join