It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Wealthiest Are Getting Wealthier Three Times Faster Than Any Other Group

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
In what kind of society do any of you envision a control on what people make?
(hint; its been done before)

What many of you are missing is that the Fed is pumping 85 billion into the market each and every month.
Quantitative Easement is largely responsible for the wealth growth.

End the Fed, let the market correct itself, and you'll see a reduction in the wealth inequality gap.

Just my two ameros.

And who came to the government for those bailouts? Henry Paulson, Head of one of the banks said Bail us Out or else.
While the majority of American's were against the Bail Outs, the elite said no way Jose.

So why exactly do you think the elite would end their gravy train?

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Quantitative Easement provides the illusion that all is well with the economy. What it actually is, is a fed-generated bailout of the wealthiest.

Cut off the source of money, and you won't have these figures.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001

In what kind of society do any of you envision a control on what people make?
(hint; its been done before)

What many of you are missing is that the Fed is pumping 85 billion into the market each and every month.
Quantitative Easement is largely responsible for the wealth growth.

End the Fed, let the market correct itself, and you'll see a reduction in the wealth inequality gap.

Just my two ameros.

And who came to the government for those bailouts? Henry Paulson, Head of one of the banks said Bail us Out or else.
While the majority of American's were against the Bail Outs, the elite said no way Jose.

So why exactly do you think the elite would end their gravy train?

They won't. But to attempt to restructure pay and society in general won't address the problem.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

a reply to: crazyewok

Quantitative Easement provides the illusion that all is well with the economy. What it actually is, is a fed-generated bailout of the wealthiest.

Cut off the source of money, and you won't have these figures.

Well I hope you are right I really do.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
With such great imbalance comes The Tipping Point.

For the value of something that doesn't really exist we must suffer the inevitable turmoil of everything flying through the air to land where it will. It is the law of the Universe. It is inevitable, inescapeable and approaching like a freight train out of control!

Catch you on the other side!

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: mrmeeseeks

I've been waiting for this tipping point for a few years now and it never comes. Every time I think we are on the precipice, nothing happens. The calamity is averted and we go on continually being raped. I know this nonsense cannot keep up and our current economy is unsustainable, so it leaves me baffled why it hasn't crashed yet, but here we are.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Elliot

You know alot of people are to blind to see this though..

Occupy, they think they are a bunch of hippies, they have been trying to address this for what? 4 yrs 5 yrs now?
Nobody gives a crap.. they would rather slave themselves to make peanuts then actually look at the problem on why they are only getting peanuts.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

How about we give THEM a wealth ceiling ? Anything earned over that wealth ceiling gets redistributed to feeding the poor like the should be doing anyway the greedy snipers

Nobody need more than a few million, if you are sitting literally sitting on billions you're a disgrace - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

YES! THAT!!

Thank you. I've been saying this for years. You said it beautifully. I hope you get applause from someone who can give it to you for that post.

I was just reading this morning about how inherited wealth is a huge problem. And I'm not talking about $150,000 when your folks die. We're talking about people born into rich families - who will NEVER, EVER have to scrimp or save or care.

They don't think like we do. And they are running the government. It makes me literally sick to my stomach.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

How about we give THEM a wealth ceiling ? Anything earned over that wealth ceiling gets redistributed to feeding the poor like the should be doing anyway the greedy snipers

Nobody need more than a few million, if you are sitting literally sitting on billions you're a disgrace

Absolutely agree. You hit the nail firmly on the head

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I know I'm late to this thread, but TIME Magazine had an article on Piketty's book, and this is a quote I appreciated:

Basically, Piketty has finally put to death, with data, the fallacies of trickle down economics and the Laffer curve, as well as the increasingly fantastical notion that we can all just bootstrap our way to the Forbes 400 list.

We are told we just need to "work harder" and "pull ourselves up by our bootstraps" to "get the American dream." Yes, there is merit in hard work and there is still a measure of success one can have if hard work combines with opportunity - but with stagnant wages and longer and longer hours, "success" is more like "treading water" for a huge swath of the population - "success" for all that hard work means simply managing to not go bankrupt...

When the system only works for those at the top, adjustments need to be made BEFORE it gets to the boiling point of "let them eat cake" and rolling heads...no?

peace,
AB

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThichHeaded

originally posted by: Elliot

You know alot of people are to blind to see this though..

Occupy, they think they are a bunch of hippies, they have been trying to address this for what? 4 yrs 5 yrs now?
Nobody gives a crap.. they would rather slave themselves to make peanuts then actually look at the problem on why they are only getting peanuts.

I agree 100 % . Most are unaware however the real question is what can one do to turn the tide. The answer is NOTHING ! Our Gov will never nix the Federal Reserve Bank, never. They and their ilk are running the show.
We are the worker ants. But many worker ants make considerable sums of money. Obviously anyone posting isn't living under a bridge. I'm a fairly compassionate fellow and I give money away several times a month. People are freaked when you hand them a substantial ( subjective ) sum to help them out. " I'll pay you back " I know they will be unable. I tell them to pass it on. If we don't help each other who will. To hell with the mega-rich.
They have it and will continue to accumulate it. So what ! We are all impotent in the face of such wealth and power as well as their head set. Many years past I had coffee with Mike Howard of Howard Scribbs Publishing.
" Mike give me $100.000 " And the interest rate ? No Mike , I said give me one hundred grand. He laughed and said no. This appears to be " their " head set. Get it, keep it, and get more. How the hell do you change that ?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: dazbog

CTRL + ALT + DELETE Basically but in people format not pc.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: mrmeeseeks
Rich get richer, Poor get to stay poor.

Except in this case, the rich have created a system where they can propagandize and buy off our representation in government.

End result, Rich getting richer at an exponential rate, while the Poor (thats all everyone not in that highest tax bracket) Vote against their best interest.

To under-educated to know any better, and eating the MSM slop served up to them on a platter.

I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Look at me!

More complicated:
Rich - get richer
"Poor" - meaning rather fluent masses in rich counties - stagnate
Real poor masses in the third word - get richer (yes, they are also clearly winners of the globalization)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join