It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America: Vote Libertarian or We're Finished

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ThichHeaded

I think there's some confusion - I wasn't replying to a post from you.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua

You claim that I'm somehow upset and/or threatened - I'm neither. I asked a question for which you don't seem to have an answer for.

I can't exchange ideas with someone who thinks that everybody that doesn't agree with him is living off of Government handouts.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

i'm liking jill stein of the green party. she doesn't stand a chance to win but i like what i've heard from her so far.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
This is why both Edward Snowden and Julian Assange endorse Ron Paul. They saw the dark clouds of tyranny approaching and tried to warn us, but the idiot-right-wing-neo-con-war-mongering-thugs and the idiot-left-wing-pc-welfare-ecofacist-idiocracy already have a firm hold on peoples dull minds.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

the idiot-right-wing-neo-con-war-mongering-thugs and the idiot-left-wing-pc-welfare-ecofacist-idiocracy

Ha, well you said it much better than I managed. Nicely put.

You're right about Snowden and Assange I think those two actually threw the controllers off their game a bit. As far as the dull witted masses that's another problem. How on earth to overcome the mindset of those who always vote their party line? It's rather pathetic actually.
edit on 355am3333am22014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Why would Libertarian be any different than the Republicans or Democrats? They are bought by the same people that buy the other two parties. We need to get true Independents into office.
edit on 21-4-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Elections now should carry a warning.

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU GO FULL RETARD

Brought to you by elections 2014, 2016.
edit on 21-4-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
As far as how political system goes.. Voting libertarian will split the vote between Republicans and Libertarians(who are republican leaning in most of the issue).. so the win would go to democrats.

Similar happened to Canada, Conservatives won because people decided to vote in the New democratic party, instead of sticking with the Liberal party.

Its all vote or nothing.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: guohua

originally posted by: Bassago
a reply to: theantediluvian

Well as I've said before I'd rather go with anarchy but we all have to make sacrifices.

Defense - Sure about 75% less than current levels.
Legislation - There's enough worthless laws & regs to last a 1000 years.
Adjudication - Local and state can handle this.
Law Enforcement - Sheriff department & US Marshall's, call it good.
Infrastructure - Local and state.

FCC, FDA, EPA, OSHA, BLM, SEC, FDIC, FTC, IRS, DHS, NSA, CIA, FBI, dump them all. It will be a mess while we sort things out but it's a mess now (and a catastrophe of biblical proportions.) End the Fed first. Treasury can stay.

I know this will never happen though, we'll probably see a full blown revolt and internal war first. Maybe some good will even come of it.

Bassago, My Friend, Please,,,, If we ever got the Opportunity to take all that away from theantediluvian, He / She would Curl Up in the Fetal Position and Hold Their HOA Coupon Payment Book as their Last Life Line To Sanity!

Bassago, My Friend, Please,,,, If we ever got the Opportunity to take all that away from theantediluvian

..and there we have it. In your frothy-mouthed zeal, you've managed to reveal so much. In the absence of authority, your first inclination is to steal from your neighbors by force? You and people like you are the reason the rest of us are forced to accept limitations on our individual liberty. The irony is that if the shtf, anybody with such a poorly functioning prefrontal cortex would be among the first to die. FTR, you've obviously made what would ultimately prove to be a fatal mistake in confusing reason for weakness — I'd have no qualms about putting down an armed intruder.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Elections now should carry a warning.

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU GO FULL RETARD

Brought to you by elections 2014, 2016.

I Prefer Presidential Idol Myself..

originally posted by: luciddream
As far as how political system goes.. Voting libertarian will split the vote between Republicans and Libertarians(who are republican leaning in most of the issue).. so the win would go to democrats.
Its all vote or nothing.

Except that whole part where they were literally rigging the elections to favor other people and not the person they were supposed to.. Watch the last 3 videos in that big ass post i did..
edit on 4/21/2014 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: guohua

originally posted by: Bassago
a reply to: theantediluvian

Well as I've said before I'd rather go with anarchy but we all have to make sacrifices.

Defense - Sure about 75% less than current levels.
Legislation - There's enough worthless laws & regs to last a 1000 years.
Adjudication - Local and state can handle this.
Law Enforcement - Sheriff department & US Marshall's, call it good.
Infrastructure - Local and state.

FCC, FDA, EPA, OSHA, BLM, SEC, FDIC, FTC, IRS, DHS, NSA, CIA, FBI, dump them all. It will be a mess while we sort things out but it's a mess now (and a catastrophe of biblical proportions.) End the Fed first. Treasury can stay.

I know this will never happen though, we'll probably see a full blown revolt and internal war first. Maybe some good will even come of it.

Bassago, My Friend, Please,,,, If we ever got the Opportunity to take all that away from theantediluvian, He / She would Curl Up in the Fetal Position and Hold Their HOA Coupon Payment Book as their Last Life Line To Sanity!

Bassago, My Friend, Please,,,, If we ever got the Opportunity to take all that away from theantediluvian

..and there we have it. In your frothy-mouthed zeal, you've managed to reveal so much. In the absence of authority, your first inclination is to steal from your neighbors by force? You and people like you are the reason the rest of us are forced to accept limitations on our individual liberty. The irony is that if the shtf, anybody with such a poorly functioning prefrontal cortex would be among the first to die. FTR, you've obviously made what would ultimately prove to be a fatal mistake in confusing reason for weakness — I'd have no qualms about putting down an armed intruder.

Do you have anything constructive to add or are you just going to continue throwing out ad nominee attacks unfounded in any reality but your own. "Free stuff", "handouts", etc, Breitbart talking points are all you've got I guess.

What theantediluvian wrote was well presented and absolutely spot on.

Who came at who first?
You didn't like my opinion of the posters comments. I have The Right to Disagree, Which Apparently you Don't Believe I should Have, I have The Right To State My Opinion, Which Apparently You Don't Like Me Having.
With attitudes like your's on other people's Rights To Voice Their Opinion's, I should just return to China.
But then that's what most Progressive's want, They Like Control.
I also asked you to show me where I used any out side source links.
You couldn't of-course.
Now, You can continue to come at me, or you can continue to prove your point as an Progressive and why we require your Kind of Leadership in our Government.

After your comment about Gun Hoarding Nuts, You Really want anyone here to believe you own a gun.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
a reply to: Bassago

I would tend to agree with the exception of Rand Paul.

I will stand with Rand in the upcoming Presidential primaries/elections. He is essentially a Libertarian but has a better chance of winning since he is part of the 2-headed 1-Party system.

People will argue that hes a typical establishment Republican who "betrayed his dad" but in order to get ahead, you have to make nice with TPTB.

However, the Adelson neocons hate him because he doesnt want to nuke every continent so its not going to be easy.

And heres the new brain child by the good people over at the Democratic Underground: pose as a Libertarian, denounce the Republicans and split the vote ensuring a Democratic win.

If we're to get Rand into the White House, we're gonna have to unite.

I agree, I have my problems with Rand but, we have to recruit someone and he is in the short list.

I am the first to admit that it is difficult to make the case to a war weary populace that international marshall capability is a necessary component of western hegemony. To dismiss the importance of this is to, perhaps, precipitate capitulation to totalitarianism(s).

While Rand isn't an isolationist, I think he exemplifies the sort of informed and objective analysis that we all presume should be a characteristic of the men who hold high office.

We simply don't have the option of isolationism, we really, really don't. I hope that this doesn't become the deal breaker for a political unification strategy.

And our problems are bigger than even that. Assuming we agree to disagree on that point for the time being, how are we going to get the Libertarian and Constitution parties to see eye to eye? The abortion issue doesn't appear to be negotiable.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp
And our problems are bigger than even that. Assuming we agree to disagree on that point for the time being, how are we going to get the Libertarian and Constitution parties to see eye to eye? The abortion issue doesn't appear to be negotiable.

What exactly is a libertarian? I thought they believed the constitution was straight also?

If so then a true lib would say it isn't my issue..
You know whatever you do isn't my business because you are not impeding on my rights.. Your rights end when mine are being threatened type deal..

Also the 9th Amendment grants people the right to do whatever they want.. As stated in the Rowe vs Wade case..
edit on 4/21/2014 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Sadly there are no true libertarians to which to vote for.

All of the politicians that brand themselves as Libertarians are just Denialcans aka Republicans in disguise.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

I think I agree with you.. I was noticing for the 3 minutes of actual commercials I seen when i used to work where there was a tv on break...

I think its a new fad type thing.. You know.. It's hip if you wear pink tights on friday.. same thing.. its a fad that will last a bit because they see people are pissed off at what is going on now.. They go uc and say ya I am lib more than dem or rep... You vote for them because they said they would do this and that then when they get in somehow... some way... they become a millionaire in a yr or so...

Actually sounds familiar that line above..

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThichHeaded

originally posted by: greencmp

What exactly is a libertarian? I thought they believed the constitution was straight also?

If so then a true lib would say it isn't my issue..
You know whatever you do isn't my business because you are not impeding on my rights.. Your rights end when mine are being threatened type deal..

Precisely, that is how I view it as a libertarian and a constitutional republican (not Republican). You would think that a political party whose name contains the document (constitution party) would view it the same way but, they do not. And as such, they advocate for a certain limited form of statism on a handful of specific issues much like anti-isolationist constitutional republicans.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

Then from what you say that isnt either of those..

I stated earlier I have twists and turns on things.. But in the end I let the Constitution guild me because well it did really well for 130 or so yrs right theantediluvian ?(notice here I am not liking a particular amendment here because it wasn't actually voted on properly..)

But really I believe everything I type here.. I dont fight what the constitution says because as I said it is right mostly.. If we followed it we would be alot better off in all facids of life except the 16th amendment and Federal Reserve Act..(Those were shady dealings in the 1st place.)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

We simply don't have the option of isolationism, we really, really don't. I hope that this doesn't become the deal breaker for a political unification strategy. And our problems are bigger than even that.

how are we going to get the Libertarian and Constitution parties to see eye to eye? The abortion issue doesn't appear to be negotiable.

Can you expand on those a bit? Why can't we become more isolationist? I don't mean in business areas but militarily. Anyone looking at a map of US bases around the world has got to be scratching their heads questioning the logic of that. I say close most of them down. The Chinese and Russians are not going to invade us. Heck they'd probably be more willing to work with us internationally if we stepped back a bit.

As far as abortion I'm also unsure what you mean. Libertarians should not be involved in that discussion unless it's them getting an abortion. Is the Constitution party against abortion?

edit on 784pm0707pm122014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I agree. We need a third party and fast ...we could actually use 2 or three minor parties as well and make getting on the ballot's much easier.

My only issue is some of the religious fruitcakes are starting to sour the libertarian party for me. Should be total separation of church and state.

Editing to add that we would still have democrats and republicans even if we all voted for liberation. All though I don't agree with the isolationist policies and everything on their platform. It's like Obama's the president, but he can't just push through everything he wants, because the republicans counterbalance that. It would be the same thing if we had a libertarian president. The older parties would counter balance everything. We wouldn't have mass chaos.
edit on 21-4-2014 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Side note:

This is in the mudpit??

This is actually an intellectual conversation.. Reminds me of old ATS...

Good job Bass..

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join