It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've Had Enough of This Gay Marriage Crap.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

When I'm paying for a $200 dinner, crap like that is my business. Now that I know what the restaurant's views are, they can do that all they want, because I won't be back.

You don't want to take any offer the restaurant offered, a discount on your meal, then come here saying how much dinner cost and its your business, so why ask others to speak on your behalf, is some else writing this thread or are you because you are faceless on the internet?

Now that you also know you cannot speak for yourself if you must come face to face with your issue, what will you do next time you see public affection that makes you uncomfortable?

Sorry to sound as though I am attacking but from your OP and a few responses it really sounds like you avoid conflict at any cost.

I can recognize that simply because I have much of that in myself, issues with confrontation and conflict, I will either bury my pain or discomfort or simply avoid confronting it.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco

originally posted by: ausername
a reply to: flammadraco

If you need me to enlighten you, then that fact alone highlights the problem.

It is what it is. You can see it, or ignore it. Your choice.

What you mean is that you have no facts to back up your statement of "Extreme Gay Agenda"

A wise man once said "if you don't know what your talking about, say nothing. Better to appear stupid than prove it out right"

Shhh...he is talking about the "Gay Mafia" which we all know is run by "Big Gay" for the "Gay Illuminati".

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I completely agree with the sentiment that there's a time and place for everything.

What I like to do when people are being ignorant in public:

STARE AT THEM!!! Everyone!

Just the other day I was in a doctors waiting room and this guy is having quite the obnoxious conversation on his cell phone. I stood up, turned my chair toward him, and stared. He grew increasingly uncomfortable, and finally gave me the "got a problem?" I said no of course not, I just thought you wanted an audience. 2 other people in the room lost it laughing at him. He stopped

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

I am curious why you didn't say anything to them. You certainly would have been correct to do so, their behaviour was not acceptable in any public forum.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
I've had enough of this gay marriage crap. Before everybody lights up their flamethrowers or sharpening their knives, let me say a few things. I really don't care about gay marriage. What ever two consenting adults want to do with their lives is fine with me. I think that Government needs to get out of the marriage business. If two people want to be recognized as a couple for legal purposes, it should be the same as forming a corporation. Go to the local Government, fill out some papers and that's it. When it comes to the marriage part, if your religion recognizes your type of relationship, you have the ceremony. If it doesn't, I'm pretty sure that you can find one that will, or start your own. For those who don't recognize religion, I'm pretty sure that you can come up with something.

My reason for starting this thread is an incident that I was involved with last night. I took a date (female) to a very nice restaurant for dinner last night. A few tables over were two women, supposedly celebrating their marriage, making out. I'm not talking about just kissing, I'm talking hands up skirts, bared breasts, the whole works. If a heterosexual couple was doing the same thing, I would still complain.

I asked our waiter if he could say something to them and he ignored me. I finally asked the manager if he would say something and he told me that he didn't like it either, but, he was going to say nothing. When I asked him why, I found out that the two women worked at a University that was a few blocks away. The Manager told me that if he said something to them, there would be a group demonstrating out side the restaurant the next day and he didn't want the publicity. I remembered the guy from Mozilla and didn't say anything else.

I know that the two women were probably in the minority, but, what got me is the restaurant's fear of saying something to them. The Manager offered to discount my check, but, I refused and even tipped the waiter, because, I could see that he was as uncomfortable as I was and didn't have a choice in the matter.

Anything else like this and the couple would have been removed and possibly even arrested, but, when you are politically protected group, even extortion is legal.
I would of said, Yo you two, this is a restaurant not a bed room. You wanna do that crap in here. You can leave. People pay good money to eat here. Do you see them behaving in such mana?

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: puptuls
a reply to: benrl

Hold on I'm confused now, 'sodomy' no longer means what it used to?

Your confusion stems from your misunderstanding of the English language.

sodomy  

sod·om·y [sod-uh-mee] Show IPA
noun
anal or oral copulation with a member of the opposite sex.
copulation with a member of the same sex.
bestiality ( def 4 ) .
Origin:
1250–1300; Middle English sodomie < Old French. See Sodom, -y3

Related forms
sod·o·mit·i·cal [sod-uh-mit-i-kuhl] Show IPA , sod·o·mit·ic, adjective
sod·o·mit·i·cal·ly, adverb

If anything Sodomy has now become the vernacular for Anal copulation, that is not the legal definition, nor the actual English one. It was the whole reason I put the actual definition, would you like the legal one as well?

As of 1962 it tended to include sex between same sex partners.

Now that has nothing to say on the Moral or ethical stance in this debate at all, it is just factual information on the definition of a word.

But I like how that even takes a slant in this day and age.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: GroidNificent

Hypocritical much?

you are okay with homosexuality for your entertainment but not for equality?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

Yass gawd we run the world!

but seriously, this doesn't have much to do with Gay Marriage, it's more about indecent exposure than Marriage as it had nothing to do with marriage.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup
I don't condone the behaviour, not sure why you thought I was?

I didn't think you condone it, I found the behavior in my train situation disgusting , There are some on this thread that believe you should say something... Yes, perhaps, if you are one that has excellent reflexes. In my case we were frozed speechless, We didn't believe what we were seeing. only once this was over we thought we should have said something. No one else said anything and the train was full of kids as well.

I was on a train in Just outside Prague, an old steam train on the way to Karls castle, there was this young couple on the bench in front of us not just at 2nd base, they were at total nookie stage, she was on top and looking over the bench at me and my love at the same time....we were a bit shaken but hell that's how it works nowadays

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
ok I am gonna say it

assuming this story is true and not exaggerated in the least, then yes it is vile.

But let's take a look at some of the things pointed out in response

You're problem was with two consenting adults (again assuming the story was true) and not gay marriage.

So if this happened then you should have either demanded the manager fix the situation, called the police of grew the heck up and said something yourself

Instead, you cowered and are now (after the fact) using this as fuel for a missile of what, sorry to say, sounds a lot like homophobia.

The so-called 'gay agenda' is to be accepted not to shove it down throats. Yes there are so-called 'militant gays' but your problem is with individuals, not the whole community.

So let's pretend this is from an LGBT or atheist standpoint and you tell me how fair this is

TITLE OF THREAD: I am so sick of this Christianity crap

BODY OF THREAD: So I am out watching this parade and BAM...those darn Christians are at it again. There in front of the whole of public is the WBC with their God Hates you know what signs. I get so tired of the Christian Agenda and all those militant Christians. They are all bad and the only reason the parade organizer didn't throw them out was because the Christians down the road would have returned and picketed like mad. All Christians are sick and twisted

Sorry to say it OP and it may not have been what you meant but this is how it looks

You had a bad experience with a couple who happened to be gay...my made up post had a bad experience with WBC members

Your post used it as fuel to define the whole culture...my made up post used it as fuel to define all Christians

In both cases our problem was with a set of individuals

In your case the two women acted inappropriately and if true I wholeheartedly agree that gay or straight they should have been removed but the fact is you did nothing about it just like I did nothing about it in my made up post

and in the end, each was blaming a whole culture for the actions of a few

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I dont want to see anyone making out heavy, thats just out of place.

I have nothing against homosexuals, i am all about freedom- and i am actually going to my male cousins wedding where he is marrying another man. But, I notice where this 'revolution' in accepting something comes from - and its coming from our media. They can mold us and make us believe that the general population accepts something, and all they have to do is censor the opposing viewpoints, and barrage us with sympathy and focus solely on their perspective- and they did this fast, mostly under Obama.

Again, i support freedom completely, but what concerns me is the power that the media has to change our society.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ammocase

Public Displays have nothing to do with Homosexuality

somehow they get tossed into the same conversation

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I'm with you on this one.

If it was a man an woman they would have probably been asked to stop. A woman and a woman? How dare you complain!

The fact is, if it were anyone being blatantly public about these things it can make people feel very uncomfortable.

The problem, i feel, doesn't lie with gay marriage though. It's a problem with "minorities". And it's the minority of these minorities that believe they are untouchable. Because what you say can become racist, homophobic or anything of the sort. And frankly, it's ridiculous.

Homosexuality? I'm cool with it.
All different Races? Cool with it.
Age? It's just a number.

So if someone says something that has nothing to do with the above, it can easily be twisted to put you in a bad light. If you're being a douche, you're being a douche. Regardless of your race, color, preference etc etc.

You can't say anything these days without insulting a group of sensitive individuals from a seemingly ridiculed minority.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Reply to JIMC5499
Perhaps what you intend to criticize political correctness. Your are not allowed to be critical of gay relationships, zionism, government, abortion on demand and a host of other taboo topics. Homosexuality is the new normal. Heterosexual relations are old school. If you want to be cool today find a gay mate. Go to prison and you won't have to look hard. Soon pedophilia will be considered a normal behavior. If you defend Cliven Bundy's right to graze cattle on BLM land which his family has done for some 100 years you are a domestic terrorist. This is a new paradigm where up is down, left is right, freedom is slavery , peace is war. It is hard to be normal in a profoundly sick society. Just when you think that things could become more decadent our politicians implement a new moral downgrade to introduce even more social depravity.
This is why we are all about to undergo judgement. Everything this society does today, is blasphemous and a monodigital salute to your creator. People who won't wake up now, will be shocked when the curtain opens. It won't be fun. On a personal level it is time to nurture your relationship with your creator.

a reply to: JIMC5499

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: cayrichard

This is why we are all about to undergo judgement. Everything this society does today, is blasphemous and a monodigital salute to your creator. People who won't wake up now, will be shocked when the curtain opens. It won't be fun. On a personal level it is time to nurture your relationship with your creator.

No one knows for sure, but you may be the shocked one on your judgement day. All near-death experiences I have read about describe a non-judgmental higher power, who expresses nothing but love to and for all. I have a strong feeling that it is only us humans who are judgmental .
edit on 23-4-2014 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

So you are tired of people wanting the government to recognize their marriage because two women were obscenely making out in a restaurant? I would have been equally repulsed, no matter if it was a heterosexual couple or not, but what does that have to do with gay marriage?

It's the fault of the restaurant for being to afraid to make waves rather than ask their patrons to refrain from public nudity and sexual contact in a restaurant where people eat.

Don't put the bad decisions by both parties in this situation on the backs of the millions who deserve equal protection under the law.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: cayrichard

yes, be cool and find a Gay mate... in fact be cool and get abused physically and mentally, have other people vote on your rights and have groups of people call you an abomination, abnormal, non deserving of equality or acceptance

have people debate you like you don't exist because you are "cool" and Gay.

Be "cool" and find a gay mate

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: ammocase

Public Displays have nothing to do with Homosexuality

somehow they get tossed into the same conversation

Sure they do, you see it in my city thousands of times more in the gay "community" as anyone else, this had to do with gay women...

Nice try at framing the picture differently.

Any small child will stare at PDA, but watch them closely when its flaming excited same sex PDA, you can see them desperately trying to find out what is going on.

Many of us feel our DNA crawl when we see this, probably most of us do, we can try and laugh it off but it is so prevalent in many restaurants and areas, that it looks like it is considered "common fare" just try and take a family to one of these places that is outright become a place for PDA, and only gays are allowed to do this , that I can see.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I work with someone who is lesbian. We've also become friends because she's a pretty rad person. My fiancee and I went to dinner with her and her girlfriend. I don't think they even so much as rubbed eachother's leg or give a peck on the cheek. No one would ever have a clue that she is gay, but unfortunately someone who was supposed to be her best friend did find out (well...she finally came out) and got her fired from her job of 10 years. On top of that, her family is Mormon and some of her brothers and sisters won't talk to her and forbid their children from talking to her.

it's so incredibly heart-breaking that people have to keep an integral part about themselves hidden for fear of being ostracized and alienated not just by society that is supposed to be the most advanced and pretends to be enlightened, but also by those who claim to care for or love them.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

I get a kick out of people like you who are adept at making it sound like every place anyone ever goes is full of deviant, copulating gays. I have never encountered this in my entire life.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join