It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've Had Enough of This Gay Marriage Crap.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+52 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I've had enough of this gay marriage crap. Before everybody lights up their flamethrowers or sharpening their knives, let me say a few things. I really don't care about gay marriage. What ever two consenting adults want to do with their lives is fine with me. I think that Government needs to get out of the marriage business. If two people want to be recognized as a couple for legal purposes, it should be the same as forming a corporation. Go to the local Government, fill out some papers and that's it. When it comes to the marriage part, if your religion recognizes your type of relationship, you have the ceremony. If it doesn't, I'm pretty sure that you can find one that will, or start your own. For those who don't recognize religion, I'm pretty sure that you can come up with something.

My reason for starting this thread is an incident that I was involved with last night. I took a date (female) to a very nice restaurant for dinner last night. A few tables over were two women, supposedly celebrating their marriage, making out. I'm not talking about just kissing, I'm talking hands up skirts, bared breasts, the whole works. If a heterosexual couple was doing the same thing, I would still complain.

I asked our waiter if he could say something to them and he ignored me. I finally asked the manager if he would say something and he told me that he didn't like it either, but, he was going to say nothing. When I asked him why, I found out that the two women worked at a University that was a few blocks away. The Manager told me that if he said something to them, there would be a group demonstrating out side the restaurant the next day and he didn't want the publicity. I remembered the guy from Mozilla and didn't say anything else.

I know that the two women were probably in the minority, but, what got me is the restaurant's fear of saying something to them. The Manager offered to discount my check, but, I refused and even tipped the waiter, because, I could see that he was as uncomfortable as I was and didn't have a choice in the matter.

Anything else like this and the couple would have been removed and possibly even arrested, but, when you are politically protected group, even extortion is legal.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I agree, what 2 consenting adults do is noones business, but when youre outright flaunting it in public, then I have an issue, be it a gay or straight couple. There is a place and time for everything, foreplay in the retruant isnt one of them, in full view of the general public. Holding hands, a kiss, thats okay, but what the OP describes, no thats uncalled for and unasked for

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

My reason for starting this thread is an incident that I was involved with last night. I took a date (female) to a very nice restaurant for dinner last night. A few tables over were two women, supposedly celebrating their marriage, making out. I'm not talking about just kissing, I'm talking hands up skirts, bared breasts, the whole works

emmmmm......

you complained about this?

Sounds like a really good night out to me, most guys need to pay for that sort of action or visit some questionable websites

Seriously though, I personally think that "Marriage" is a religious institution and government should keep out of it but at the same time i think that homosexual couples deserve the same legal rights as heterosexual couples.

But where was this restaurant...

EDIT:

PS. pics or it didn't happen.

edit on 20-4-2014 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

All marriage should be gay... that is to say that all marriage should be happy. That is the REAL definition of the word gay, until the word was hijacked and redefined, so let's call it what it really is .... SODOMITE marriage.

+33 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I don't get what gay marriage has to do with your thread or your anger?
I don't understand why you've "had enough of Gay Marriage crap"

Shouldn't your thread be about PDA's and what is acceptable behaviour in a restaurant?

Or do you just want an excuse to spout your anti-gay crap??

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimusSubprime

so let's call it what it really is .... SODOMITE marriage.

No its homosexual marriage.

I am pretty sure that a lesbian couple cannot preform sodomy (naturally)

I think you might want to look up the definition of that word (just be careful what links you check out)
edit on 20-4-2014 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusSubprime

Really? These two women have a "Sodomite" Marriage?

Um.... you may want to read a book.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I'd tell them to nick off, screw their demonstration and their ridiculous behavior... That's where the police come in.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Sounds like a blast to me.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

If you thought that gay marriage was bad... Try visiting the Easter thread.

People are too uptight about achieving a status that is easily done with a lawyer, LLC costs less than marriage.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
What ever two consenting adults want to do with their lives is fine with me. I think that Government needs to get out of the marriage business.

for your stance on this.

originally posted by: JIMC5499
If a heterosexual couple was doing the same thing, I would still complain.

again.

I don't see why you should worry about flamethrowers and knives.
That's all the tolerance anyone could expect.

Of course there are always those who expect more...

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I would of recorded it with My cell phone,

If it was as bad as you said, simply report it as indecent exposure.

That or post to the internet.

Either one would of worked.

IF the indecent was as graphic, I am sure the resulting vid would of caused a ruckus.

As it stands this sounds like a Pics or it didn't happen type thing...

We could of analyzed it here on ATS, for you know, research...

or something...

just sayin.
edit on 20-4-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Your problem is with the potential ills of Third Wave Feminism and not Gay Rights. Know the difference, it could save your life one day. Trust me when I say that the manager would have stopped two males or a male and a female engaging in that action.

I'll say no more, least I offend someone.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I agree with the op.
I have no problem with gays/lesbians but, like you said, doing what they where doing in public isn't right.
There is a place for everything and that is in private.
With that being said and me being a male, that's pretty awesome.
If I saw two males doing it than I'd be grossed out.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: OptimusSubprime

No its homosexual marriage.

I am pretty sure that a lesbian couple cannot preform sodomy (naturally)

I think you might want to look up the definition of that word (just be careful what links you check out)

Sodomy (/ˈsɒdəmi/) is generally anal or oral sexual activity between people or sexual activity between a person and a non-human animal (bestiality), but may also include any non-procreative sexual activity.[1][2][3] Originally, the term sodomy was commonly restricted to anal sex,[4][5] and is derived from the story of Sodom and Gomorrah in chapters 18 and 19 of the Book of Genesis in the Bible.[6] Sodomy laws in many countries criminalized not only these behaviors, but other disfavored sexual activities as well.[5][7] In the Western world, however, many of these laws have been overturned or are not routinely enforced.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

I don't get what gay marriage has to do with your thread or your anger?
I don't understand why you've "had enough of Gay Marriage crap"

Or do you just want an excuse to spout your anti-gay crap??

Spout what? This has everything to do with gay marriage. The only reason that they were allowed to get away with what they were doing was because of the political fight over gay marriage. The restaurant was afraid that if they said some thing, their business would be destroyed by pro gay marriage protestors. What here DOESN'T have anything to do with gay marriage?

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl

originally posted by: benrl
I would of recorded it with My cell phone,

If it was as bad as you said, simply report it as indecent exposure.

That or post to the internet.

That is actually a great idea!

The OP said he was on a date though... can't do that on a date.
edit on 20-4-2014 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Trust me you don't want pictures.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Ha!

Awesome idea, although i dont think it would quite work out as you think.....

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColCurious

That is actually a great idea!

The OP said he was on a date though... can't do that on a date.

Sure he could of, depending he could of pulled the Indigent "can you believe, Im going to record this for the cops" ...

On a side note, Wow, the post count on my sodomy definition... seems like a missed opportunity on that one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join