It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malaysia Airlines MH192 bound for Bangalore has turned back & is trying to land at KLIA.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Praying for a safe landing but pondering on wtf it is these airlines are doing, does seem to be a big issues with poor maintenance Asia on everything to trains plane and automobiles /boats

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Remember the Air France Concorde Crash, wasnt that a blow out of a tyre causing a ruptured fuel line in one of the tanks?

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: UKGuy1805

A tire played a role in it, but there was also debris laying on the runway that played a role in it. Tires have caused several crashes over the years.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Why are people still flying with them!? I wouldn't be! not only because of what happened to MH370 but their lack of support & the way they treated the victims families of that flight & how they handled things.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I get the feeling Malaysia Airlines is not very safe.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: TDawg61

It all depends on what level we're talking about. A flat tire, and there's a chance that the wheel will dig into the runway, and spin them, straining the strut, and dropping them on the wing (notice I say chance, that's worst case scenario). If the gear wouldn't come down, and they try to land with one main down, and one retracted, there's a chance (again worst case scenario) the wing digs in, and they cartwheel. Come in with gear up, and there's a chance they hit the tail and that causes the nose to slam down, breaking the back or doing more damage.

All I've heard on this one is there was a problem with the right main, not the level of what the problem was.

Landing one main gear up in the B737 is easily manageable.
Once fuel is burnt off the ailerons are very effective even at low speed with full flaps.

When the wing comes down the engine nacelle will hit the runway before the wingtip, so the engine will take most of the weight.
Then directional control is managed by brakes and thrust reverser on the good side.

Have been done many times, with good result.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Ivar_Karlsen

That's why I said "worst case scenario" in my reply.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join