It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Bundy family unearths BLM mass cattle grave

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
50,000 in a militia supporting Bundy !!!

What will Harry Reid say NOW?

LOL

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I would be very surprised if they get 50,000 Americans to do anything.

The Wrabbit is correct. The only thing this government does well is...

Bully the average American. They will not lose.

Honestly, I wish it was true.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peekingsquatch
a reply to: Phoenix

Thank you Phoenix. I heard that yesterday too about a militia unit with 50,000 members in support of this, but couldn't remember what state. This whole thing sounds like so much more than just him.

The Bundy Ranch struck a raw nerve,

Nobody I've talked to face to face in over two years or longer trusts this government, likes this government or supports this government policies. Prior to that folks had to make excuses first before coming out in favor of something that benefitted them directly. Now there's a huge undercurrent of discontent looking for an outlet.

IMHO it does not need to be this way and I have hope the government will just back-off of folks who are already overstressed by its bad policy.

Bundy being right or wrong legally on grazing has been transcended by the larger issues of constitutional rights violations and a government bent on crushing any resistance to its will.

I fully expect a summer of government making political and legal war on the militias in retaliation for stymieing the Bundy round-up. That happens and its going to be a long hot summer.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000
You have alot of long winded post that amount to what the cows leave behind. You spew retoric like if the situation were different i would stand hand in hand with the protesters. Then you claim that the american people have absolutely no chance standing against the fed. All while trying to maintain that you are for both sides depending on what post you reply too. All this personal knowledge og the land at the bundys Are you alluding to the fact that you were there during your time off? You and your cronies should know that we the people will never lose it is just a matter of time before your health problems kick in. You believe that guns and tanks willl rule the world. I challenge any sniper or any other self proclaimed gov agency to take me out. Even if i get shot in the chakra i prosper. Maybe i have crossed the line here but my main point is that if you are gonna support the fed then just be up front and not hide in the bushes because those bushes tell no lies.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

In all fairness, all I think he's trying to point out is that while we are all waiting on the sidelines to see what happens next, knowing what will happen eventually in this country... legally from Bundy's standpoint he may not have a leg to stand on, unless he can back up all that he has been saying... making this not a good thing to rally around unless most of Bundy's claims can be truly proved. Seriously there has not been a real "sit down" and list the facts as of yet. Don't get me wrong Dirty Harry has a lot to do with this too, the BLM did wrong also, aand Bundy hasn't been proven to being totally straight either. All we seem to have is his words from a guy I feel bad for too if he's being truthful.

Now did the feds come in heavy handed? Hell yeah. Thats an issue, a serious one. But at the same time if he did what he was supposed to do legally(remember only saying just his words so far) none of this would have happened. Actually I think Wrabbit made me look at it a little more, personally. Isn't that why we are all here discussing this now??

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Like Phoenix said, lI fullyy expect a summer of government makig political and legal war on the militias in retaliation for stymieing the Bundy round-up. That happens and its going to be a long hot summer

That could be a big part of the outcome of all of this until all of us have a chance to have his homesteading claim etc. Verified. Just saying....

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Peekingsquatch

If his claims are shown to be valid, then it's game on. Unfortunately no one has been able to come forward with proof as of yet, just his word. I would assume he has an attorney already, but the guy has been pretty quiet thus far. However what the BLM did was not warranted for the collection of a debt, and for those that were there to help give support for that side of the issue, I am proud to be American. It could have been a lot worse if they weren't there.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I agree the Government never really looses.

This victory has got the public's eye showing fed strong arm tactics. This can be a detriment to the government. If it could be proved Reid was involved it could help be a factor of change. Push right now in a election year if civilians death = landslide victory for tea party or libertarian candidates . That is dependent on how the governmental spin goes and if the media goes along with it .

Bundy is not my idea of the best reason to push back. We have missed many good reasons to push back and some far better with clearer right or wrong. This may just fade away just like so many other issues over bad behavior or bad policy.

I could fill many pages of text with bad or over reaching behavior and those of you with better research skills could fill way more. We just never hear about them .

Some where we need to think what is right over what the law says. Treaties , leases, land grants , homesteads or deeded property are not worth the paper they are written on if The government has a use for it.

Bundy should have gotten a lawyer , but like the recent Colorado couple exhausted their finances fighting seizure of their back country cabin Government kept them in court till they won.

www.thedenverchannel.com...
They did a good job quieting this one down.

Was it legal yes was it right? I say No

We look at here and now these politicians , bureaucrats , Government agencies and corporations look 5,10,15,20 ,100 years down the road. How many of us 10 years from now will drive by Mesquite and Bunkerville all grown up 50,000+ pop and see a huge solar farm or a strip mining operation and remember Cliven Bundy lost grazing rights there over a turtles Damn few ?

Was it legal yes is it RIGHT?

It may generate a great revenue stream for Nevada it could create jobs . But put one business out of business Bundy.

Yes some of the herd may be sold for food. Bulls and cows are for breeding but steers the castrated ones are for food the testosterone keeps them slim ( steers have more fat )and gives meat a strong taste. Calving season is a bad time for a round up. Cows and calves can die over it. Some bulls will charge any thing others will run to you to get a back rub or affection of some kind. Bulls will paw the ground before a charge or to throw dirt up to chase bugs off their belly or sides.

Legally as the BLM has weaved the web of bureaucratic friendly laws they had the law on their side.

Did you get a say a vote ? No most laws concerning BLM are regulations made by the BLM them selves.

Yes its legal but is it right.

edit on 22-4-2014 by Lostinthedarkness because: grammar

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Lostinthedarkness

Exactly....

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The replies are true and after thinking about the situation and the law i believe the actions of both parties could be dealt with and reason could resolve this matter. I have always tried to interpret actions by intent and that is the answer here. legally this should be what is judged in this case because the amount of bs pro and con out weigh most intellect. The intent of blm was to do harm. The intent of bundy is to now disarm fed agencies that are not in law enforcement and content on doing harm.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Yeah exactly. Too much has been thrown from both sides, and while I do feel for the guy, is this a good enough rally for a SHTF scenario? Maybe? Maybe not until a good portion of this is verified for sure. The actons the BLM took got me mad too.

Wrabbit is a SERIOUS researcher, I was floored when he came up with copies of the court cases and topo maps. He's just doing his homework before he forms an opinion, but at the same time it made me stop and think about this too ALOT more.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

You have alot of long winded post that amount to what the cows leave behind. You spew retoric like if the situation were different i would stand hand in hand with the protesters.

I'm sorry you feel that way and I know full well when I take an unpopular stand on a major issue, I will have people come to dislike me over it. I can live with that because the positions I take are positions I believe in. 100% and sincerely. I don't take positions because people agree, someone might give me a flag or I'll be seen as popular.

Likewise...no one need reply to anything which anyone else here posts.

The Bundy ranch situation is something I feel strong about and that's getting stronger as I learn more about the background. It's just one of those things..and for some, agreement on even a basic level will never happen. Such is life and it's all good in the end. After all, in the end, we're all members chatting about a news story. As it's always been.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Regardless of this situation or any situation, I believe a revolution could be going on in front of everybody's eyes and they'd still find a reason to pick it to pieces and sit on the sidelines.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

No i ws out of line but i get a sense from you that you want to stand with people on the side with bundy but your long winded research efforts will never let you side with anyone but the power grabbing feds because they make the rules that you research and always cover their tracts. I would have to use the can't see the forest for the trees saying in this case. Your perfect example or reason to stand up to get the man off your back will never come if you constantly waller in their bs.

My very first post on the subject agreed that no court could ever side with the rancher. I don't let that stop me from seeing that the blm is wrong for hiring guns and grabbing land and forcing ranchers out of business with under handed tactics then replacing ranchers with much smaller outfits and claiming look everyone else pays their fees. When the truth is that bundy would be gone years ago through underhanded legal means if he would have just played ball with them. The ultimate truth is that everyone is ready for a fight and blm lost that round. This does not go away. only put off. looks like tx is next.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Well, you raise some fair points and I think you misunderstand my position. Also fair, but let me try and clarify that. I think it matters and you're not the only one to ask recently. I honestly do take things on a case by case basis. This is why you're as likely to see me condemning cops as supporting them. It depends on the story, specific circumstances and men involved. I simply don't support or fight against anything on blind faith. Also, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" is the single most dangerous line of thought to ever come from man. It can justify almost anything, good or bad.

In this case, while I'll say I'm not certain of my final position, I'm fully confident in what I have said to this point, based on the research I've done thus far. Bundy appears to be flat out wrong. You're right that in principle? I wish he weren't. I really want to see a BIG test case come where the BLM forgot to cross a t somewhere or figured they could pull a fast one. In this day of enraged people with an eye toward action? It may only take one.

The problem is.....if it's the wrong one. If it's a case where, in the end, the majority of the public can see 'well...they weren't technically even right in the fight'.. then not only will the one battle be lost, but the outcome of the overall "war" to see real and meaningful change will be compromised. Lose the population in general? You lose the cause. The population can be neutral...but it's lost if they turn against. A BIG public fight later shown to be baseless....would do that, I fear.

So.. That's really at the heart of why, up to now at least, I'm no friend of the Bundy cause, even if I am in major opposition to the idea any state can have double digits to break 80% (WOW!) in Federal control vs. State control. Interstate Highways, National Parks and Military bases. Those 3 things about sum up what I think the Feds should EVER have for more than building or warehouse space, pretty much anywhere in the nation.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Now i wonder what your stance will be when the new carbon pollution laws come into effect and you are taxed because of your exhales and you search your treasures but realize you are broke and next in line for extermination but remembering in the back of your mind that the feds crossed all the t's and now are dotting your eye for the final time... then you will remember deadeyedick

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000

Well, you raise some fair points and I think you misunderstand my position. Also fair, but let me try and clarify that. I think it matters and you're not the only one to ask recently. I honestly do take things on a case by case basis. This is why you're as likely to see me condemning cops as supporting them. It depends on the story, specific circumstances and men involved. I simply don't support or fight against anything on blind faith. Also, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" is the single most dangerous line of thought to ever come from man. It can justify almost anything, good or bad.

In this case, while I'll say I'm not certain of my final position, I'm fully confident in what I have said to this point, based on the research I've done thus far. Bundy appears to be flat out wrong. You're right that in principle? I wish he weren't. I really want to see a BIG test case come where the BLM forgot to cross a t somewhere or figured they could pull a fast one. In this day of enraged people with an eye toward action? It may only take one.

The problem is.....if it's the wrong one. If it's a case where, in the end, the majority of the public can see 'well...they weren't technically even right in the fight'.. then not only will the one battle be lost, but the outcome of the overall "war" to see real and meaningful change will be compromised. Lose the population in general? You lose the cause. The population can be neutral...but it's lost if they turn against. A BIG public fight later shown to be baseless....would do that, I fear.

So.. That's really at the heart of why, up to now at least, I'm no friend of the Bundy cause, even if I am in major opposition to the idea any state can have double digits to break 80% (WOW!) in Federal control vs. State control. Interstate Highways, National Parks and Military bases. Those 3 things about sum up what I think the Feds should EVER have for more than building or warehouse space, pretty much anywhere in the nation.

Although I fundamentally disagree with you on Bundy's case, I definitely agree that this is not the issue that should start a "civil war". The whole pretense that American civilians and the BLM have a shootout over cattle is less than a desirable outcome, that is a disaster and a would be tragedy. People are indeed fed up with corruption and government over reach and the fuse seems to be very short right now. My hope is the Fed's do not come in guns a blazing because they think the public is behind them, because I am not when it comes to that type of justice. Judge and jury justice by the BLM is not what I consider American values of freedom, nor is it morally just. They should have hired out of state ranch hands to round up cattle with horses, unarmed, then if the Bundys show up armed or shoot fine, the feds need to intervene as needed. I just don't see the Bundys shooting unarmed ranch hands, that would be cold blooded murder. There could have been a peaceful roundup, then remove the cattle from the land. Put a lien on Bundy's property for the back fees. The whole issue was the militarized initiation and intimidation on the part of the BLM.....they blew it.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

LOL. I thought I was the only one thinking that! Wrabbit2000 has been "trying to search" for a flame on a tree and doesn't (care to) realize the entire forest is in inferno.
It is very interesting nonetheless to see how members of society have been so made parochial. I can't help but wonder is it the Fluoride or the MSM?

Sorry, Wrabbit2000. I really don't mean to put you down, but sometimes it seems a waste of time scrutinizing a gun pointed right at you by some thugs, wondering if you can spot any rust.

edit on 22-4-2014 by Kurius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurius

Oh, that's okay. This isn't the first high emotion, high passion issue I've taken an opposite site on for conscience of what I believe happened. Taking the hard rain comes with the stand part of it.

Altho I did find it interesting...the venom with which some in the nation are going after the Burning Man organizer, as another example. Who agrees and who doesn't is surprising on this case, across society as a whole, really. Many I'd have thought would be on Bundy's side, aren't. Many I thought would go against a commercial rancher, fully support this one.

It seems pretty much anyone who isn't on the side of a commercial cattle rancher is as much an enemy as the BLM itself. That's a whole different aspect that turns me off this specific example or cause to support. Life is never that simple, IMO.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

"The problem is.....if it's the wrong one. If it's a case where, in the end, the majority of the public can see 'well...they weren't technically even right in the fight'.. then not only will the one battle be lost, but the outcome of the overall "war" to see real and meaningful change will be compromised. Lose the population in general? You lose the cause. The population can be neutral...but it's lost if they turn against. A BIG public fight later shown to be baseless....would do that, I fear."

That would be the endgame for the whole change everybody would like to see, and if we take everything at face value, we end up like Ukraine -still divided.(Taking at face value according not saying Russia doesn't have a hand in all this) This is the thing I always liked about this site! A long time I read from here, and not until recently did I finally join. When I started this thread I was pretty fired up about it too. We were seeing cars driving around town here with painted windows saying "Bundy Ranch" "Support Bundy" etc.It was a fast moving train that had potential to turn in to something ugly.

Ironically at first when I talked to you, I was leaning the same way as deadeye, but trying to keep an open mind at the same time. Even my wife was watching this hard and asking "what do they all think?" (because she knows I like to hear what all of you have to say) However after taking a step back and remembering there is such a diverse amount of educated people on here (seriously, there are engineers, lawyers etc. all different backgrounds in many countries) I thought about it a alot more and realized you're right. If the T's are not crossed and the I's are not dotted and we are just looking for an excuse to fight that's legitimate, I'm one of the first in line. I feel bad for the guy, I really do, and I do hope change comes for him and for all of us over the arguement of federal vs state lands, and when and how the government can deal with handling things better, but the longer this drags on I think people are starting to see that this was not the time or the place to use this as the end all scenario. If anything though, as one above said it does show how short our fuse is becoming. Let's hope they are finally seeing that at least, and if nothing else at least we are showing them maybe they need to start getting their heads out of their asses!

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join