It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PA Student Gets In-School Suspension For Asking Miss America To Prom

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

The school doesn't have the authority or the right to tell a student whom they can ask to prom? School isn't the military, the student didn't swear an oath to obey their orders. The school is in the wrong because they can't justify the logic behind the order. The student isn't bound at all by their orders, commands.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: th3dudeabides
a reply to: opethPA

The school doesn't have the authority or the right to tell a student whom they can ask to prom? School isn't the military, the student didn't swear an oath to obey their orders. The school is in the wrong because they can't justify the logic behind the order. The student isn't bound at all by their orders, commands.

Except the school has every right to establish rules they feel are required to keep their school running. Maybe they felt that Miss America showing up for the prom would have been logistically hard to control.

Either way the student could have done it better and the school could have done it better.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I just looked at his facebook. Looks like a good kid.
Might be in to guys actually. FB says he is in a domestic partnership.

Wonder if thats why the school punished him.

Can i post a FB account or no? Just google it if you want to know more about him.
edit on 4/20/2014 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Was it actually a rule written in a handbook somewhere or was it just the defacto ruling of a principal when he heard they were daring him to ask? Sounds more like they just decided to shut him down than the fact that it was actually a rule. What school has rules like that? I cant even imagine how you would phrase such a rule. If the principal just made the rule up because he heard a dare was going around about this kid asking her to prom then hes just a hater. If I were him I'd laugh at their suspension and take it as a badge of honor. Not everyone gets the opportunity to get shut down by Miss America.
edit on 20-4-2014 by rustyclutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
What would forum members prefer to do when reflecting upon a life lived on your deathbed?

Following the rules of your high school
, or asking Miss America to the prom
?

I can only see one valid answer here (and I'm a teacher).
edit on 22-4-2014 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join