It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

jesus came back from the dead today! happy easter

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiro
Th next big event in the Church calendar is Ascension Day.
That's the answer to your question.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Pretty damn terriable i can't express my religious and spiritual beliefs on a day that celebrates it inside a relgious message board. Hypocrisy?

Political correctness?

*^▁^*

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
More than happy to celebrate anything when mass sums of chocolates are involed, and is not frowned upon to eat chocolate for breakfast, dinner, tea and snacks

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Jordan River
forgive me of my assumption.
origins of easter

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidFire

I think the problem is that most people who don't agree with Christians consistently "fish" with comments and try to get Christians to act stupid, which they do most of the time.

then the thread is destroyed and "happy easter" turns into a pissing contest

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

I wished everyone a happy Easter regardless of what they do on Sunday. I have nothing to be ashamed of.

Oh wait, I missed you. Sorry 'bout that. HAPPY EASTER!

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Its a day of remembrance and reflection of the teaching of Jesus and is a fundamental concept according to the Christian religion. I don't agree with bunnies or the egg concept but children seem to enjoy it.

Why did you feel a need to get on this thread and post your hateful troll comment, does it really bother you that much?

cheers

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I think its sad that you feel compelled to make today about you, when we're more than happy to share it with you, beliefs or no. Its okay, buddy, you can relax and enjoy yourself. Its Easter bro, no need to get your hackles up over a difference in opinion. Here, have a chocolate bunny. Be careful with it - a bunch of others were taken hostage by a lunatic with eggs for brains.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

Im not even very Christian, more agnostic. I just went onto facebook today and saw alot of my friends posting how stupid the resurrection was and that he's zombie Jesus and even "Fu** Jesus" I just see zero respect for people and I don't like hate and especially hypocrisy.

sorry for the rant and being off topic....

Happy Easter!

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

When I say "Happy Easter" I'm saying "happy family-gathering day". That's what its about to me, and it should certainly be a part of everyone elses'.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Happy Easter!

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

And happy Easter to you, as well. Most people who celebrate, celebrate it as a resurrection of something even if not the same gods you worship. I think when multiple spiritual paths pick the same days to celebrate things, it proves there is a common thread and a reason to give a respectful nod towards one another.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jordan River
Pretty damn terriable i can't express my religious and spiritual beliefs on a day that celebrates it inside a relgious message board. Hypocrisy?

Political correctness?

*^▁^*

It is a little hard to take your sentiment as genuine when the very first sentence in your OP is:

It's alright for atheist and trolls to dismiss the faith of others on ats on the religion thread and the conspiracy section as well...

Hardly a joyous and inclusive opening statement from you. Frankly it appears you got the reaction you were fishing for, so you should be please with yourself.

Happy Easter, btw.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

Sometimes ya gotta fight venom with venom, u think turn the other cheek was about being a floor mat to people? It was about social equality. A lack of heartfelt respect around here

As far about the trolls, you know I'm right. Look around the threads
edit on 20-4-2014 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jordan River
a reply to: Leonidas

Sometimes ya gotta fight venom with venom, u think turn the other cheek was about being a floor mat to people? It was about social equality. A lack of heartfelt respect around here

As far about the trolls, you know I'm right. Look around the threads

I see you daring people to push you down and stomp on you. No one is making you a victim here. On the contrary, we're all being very cordial considering your opening statement. Its Easter, man, we're not looking for a problem. Its a relief to see so few Easter threads bashing Christianity. I havemt seen a single one. Lets get along for this one day, at least.
edit on 20-4-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
You're right man, im being petty. My bad people for tryn to prove a point

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Actually, since Jesus was killed hours before Passover and was dead three days, he rose this past Thursday the 17th. Read your Bible dude. You're being deceived by your ignorant religious leaders.
edit on 20-4-2014 by yamammasamonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Jesus rises on the third day,
and if he sees his shadow, we get six more weeks of winter.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

Why did you feel a need to get on this thread and post your hateful troll comment, does it really bother you that much?

Hey Bucko, if someone claims that Jesus came back from the dead today, I want to meet the guy. Proof is in the pudding

I was asking a genuine question.

Now, why did YOU feel the need to post your hateful trolling comment to me?

Cheers, and Ill give you

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
He most certainly did!

And as my gift to all of you on this day, I'm presenting you all with the true translation of the first line of the Bible; taken from the Hebrew Codices Arcanum.

HEBREW VERSION - WESTMINSTER LENINGRAD CODEX
הָאָֽרֶץ וְאֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם אֵ֥ת אֱלֹהִ֑ים בָּרָ֣א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית

KING JAMES VERSION
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

CODICES ARCANUM ENGLISH TRANSLATION
The nurturing we receive through the divine light of unknown forces; is the rebirth of our sovereignty. The nurturing received connects us to our light and our sense of balance in unknown forces. All the lower balances of unknown forces come via the pursuit of higher divine knowledge and the wisdom of the Universe. The balance of darkness by the lower divine forces is sacred. The pursuit of the lower divine wisdom of light, and the rebirth of our lower balance from the higher divine light, brings our world into light and balance within the Universe. What we do not understand of balance; brings darkness into light of our lower divine balance which is sacred. Our understanding of the knowledge and wisdom through which we connect to the lower divine light over darkness, is born within all those who put the effort in to receive it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join