It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Americans Awakening to Media 'Race Baiting' ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Are the American People awakening to the media's ongoing "Race Baiting", whereby some media outlets and politicians, including some prominent officials who hold high office, are intentionally using Race as an excuse for one reason or another ?

It's fair to say that some level of racism still, and perhaps always will, exist in the United States of America, yet the fact remains that the American people have elected a Black U.S. President twice, and there are more minorities that have been elected and who hold positions of power in the U.S. Government than at any other time in American history. The number of elected minorities may be also proportionate to the percentages of minorities in the general population.

If some of our political leaders and government officials are to be believed, you would think that Racism is the source of all too many of the America's problems, and as the 2014 mid-term elections draw closer, the media appears to be attempting to ramp-up the issue of Racism the U.S.A.

The so-called "Race Card" is being played over and over again, especially as of late, when those who are elected to office seem to care more about saving their own skins, while suggesting that the color of other American's skin is somehow relevant and at the core of America's challenges.

Most all Americans agree that Bigotry and Racism is in America's past history rather than the present, while other factions, including many in the media, seem to want to keep Racism alive, so as to foster and perpetuate higher levels of anger among certain minority groups - while essentially playing a blame game, in a veiled effort to deflect and distract attention from responsibility and accountability.

The following is a brief video discussing the race issue is American politics, and the motivations behind the strategy of injecting race into the political forum.

Video link found here: video.foxnews.com...=show-clips

President Obama, much to his credit, has said "It doesn't matter what you look like" and ..."We are not as divided as our politics suggest" and ..."It doesn't matter if you are Black or White, Hispanic, or Asian or Native American", and ..."We are, and forever will be, the UNITED States of America".

President Obama Speech & Video Clip found here: www.youtube.com...

Yet, there are still those in the media and in our politics that appear to disagree with Mr. Obama, and so I ask you...

Have Americans Awoken to Media Race Baiting ?

Who is behind this sinister attempt to Divide, rather than Unite the American People ?

What are the true and real motivating factors behind Race Baiting ?

Have Americans "Tuned-out" the media's efforts at Race Baiting?

Is Race Baiting a 'Divide and Conquer" strategy that works for those who play this game of division ?

edit on 20-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
In the medias case its always about profit. They will continue to use a narrative as long as it keeps people tuning in. The thing is, people are tuning out. The MSM keeps bouncing back and forth between race and political/religious ideology. But even those tactics are getting stale.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
At the height of racism during the U.S. Civil War, President Lincoln famously said...
"United We Stand, Divided We Fall". Was he right ?

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
It's a tag-team between professional apologists and the self-disenfranchised. I don't want to hear it anymore. Seriously.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickynews
President Obama, much to his credit, has said "It doesn't matter what you look like" and ..."We are not as divided as our politics suggest" and ..."It doesn't matter if you are Black or White, Hispanic, or Asian or Native American", ...

Then why'd he spend 20 years at that 'blame the white man for everything' cult in Chicago
- Obama's Church Not Your Average Christian Church
And why'd he say 'that's how white folks will do you....'??
And why'd he say 'If I had a son he'd look like Trayvon Martin ...??
And why'd he call his grandmother a 'typical white person' ... ??
etc

Sorry, but I don't think he's as neutral as some thing ...

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
When you consider a institution like ADL and how they are used politically to insinuate certain groups or individuals like climate skeptics are some how associated with anti-semitism you find a outlet to propagandize what I believe is the ones behind the scenes working to control the outcomes . The group can only be the neo-con Zionist .They have the means resources and the positions in the power structure .They will play what ever card they need to as was shown in Ukraine with the Jew Card ...

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

President Obama, much to his credit, has said "It doesn't matter what you look like" and ..."We are not as divided as our politics suggest" and ..."It doesn't matter if you are Black or White, Hispanic, or Asian or Native American", ...

Then why'd he spend 20 years at that 'blame the white man for everything' cult in Chicago
- Obama's Church Not Your Average Christian Church
And why'd he say 'that's how white folks will do you....'??
And why'd he say 'If I had a son he'd look like Trayvon Martin ...??
And why'd he call his grandmother a 'typical white person' ... ??
etc

Sorry, but I don't think he's as neutral as some thing ...

It is notable that President Obama has on occasion said the right things, or has at least articulated his views about America. Whether or not Mr. Obama is executing his stated beliefs behind the scenes is certainly something that also deserves fair consideration.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
On the flip side of the issue, the right would have you believe that racism doesn't exist, that any black person who points out racism is just trying to "play the race card," that white people who point out racism are suffering from the made up "white guilt," and that in general, even if race is a legitimate issue in any circumstance, mentioning it is "race baiting."

Also, "self-disenfranchisement" is new to me.. I'll file that one right after "self-deportation" in my list of ridiculous terms made up by right wingers.

It's pretty insane that these threads continuously pop up so that white right wingers can pretend that:

a) racism doesn't exist
b) even if it does, it's not really an issue and it's just exaggerated by black people
c) white people are the real victims

In the new right wing bizarro world, white Christian heterosexuals are the victims of everyone else's oppression.
edit on 2014-4-20 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
On the flip side of the issue, the right would have you believe that racism doesn't exist, that any black person who points out racism is just trying to "place the race card," that white people who point out racism are suffering from the made up "white guilt," and that in general, even if race is a legitimate issue in any circumstance, mentioning it is "race baiting."

Also, "self-disenfranchisement" is new to me.. I'll file that one right after "self-deportation" in my list of ridiculous terms made up by right wingers.

It's pretty insane that these threads continuously pop up so that white right wingers can pretend that:

a) racism doesn't exist
b) even if it does, it's not really an issue and it's just exaggerated by black people
c) white people are the real victims

In the new right wing bizarro world, white Christian heterosexuals are the victims of everyone else's oppression.

Is it fair to assume that you don't believe there is an intentional effort underway so as to bait some Americans into a race division?

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I love baiting my neighbors dog to a race. I`ll do so with sticks and bones, throw em and then run to try to catch them before the dog. Race baiting at its best.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Is it fair to assume that you don't believe there is an intentional effort underway so as to bait some Americans into a race division?

There are certainly individuals who "play the race card." There are also influential people and groups whose power and continuing relevance comes from being professional civil rights activists. Like every other issue, there are deliberate attempts on both sides to manipulate opinion with spin. I can however assure you that racism and racial bias are alive and well in this country and that you are in fact perpetuating division by swallowing whole the narrative invented by the right. I encourage everyone to equally scrutinize every claim of racism and "reverse racism."

As a white, middle-class, heterosexual male, I will not blithely accept that I am a victim despite ALL evidence to the contrary. I enjoy one of the highest standards of living in the world. I can walk freely in this country without fear of being molested by law enforcement or neighborhood watch. Nobody is going to shoot me if I knock on their door at 2 in the morning. I don't get suspicious glances in convenience stores. A baker wouldn't refuse to bake my wedding cake and nobody told me I couldn't get married. Nobody tries to keep me from voting. I don't get passed over for promotions. Nobody is accusing me of stealing somebody's job or asking to see my identification. People just like me (maybe a decade or two older) possess 99% of the wealth in this country. I feel like I have it pretty f'ing good.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

You raise and make some good and valid points, and as indicated in the OP, it's fair to suggest there is some level, albeit much less, of racism in America...Yet, to exploit the issue, for political purposes, is where we sensible Americans should draw the line, since race baiting is neither productive, nor is it a tactic that is likely to unite Americans.

Race Baiting, whether by the media or by individuals, is not a denial nor a belief that racism still exists, rather it is a "division strategy" exercised by some so as to manipulate the public's thought process when choosing either the party or the candidate.

Are there some (albeit few) racists in the Republican Party? Are there some (albeit few) racists in the Democratic Party ? The answer to both is Yes. Is one party more racists, or have more racist leaning policies than the other? No.

The notion that Only the GOP has racists among its party supporters is simply not true. In fact, there are indeed some racists, perhaps more numbers in the deep south than other parts of the U.S. who vote with or against both parties and/or for and against both a conservative and liberal ideology. It is disingenuous and dishonest to attempt to stigmatize one political party, or somehow suggest that one party's policies or ideology is somehow more racist than the other party's.

How can one verify this ? By evaluating what policies either or both parties actually stand for - Without allowing the opposing party to tell you what the other party (their enemy) stands for. For example, the Tea Party Republicans are sometimes falsely accused of having some sort of "racism element" in the party, yet when you look at specifically what the party stands for, you cannot find anything that remotely ties to racism. Do they stand for Legal Immigration? And are they against Illegal Immigration? Yes, and that is Not a racism position whatsoever, even though certain members of the media make subtle and veiled attempts to suggest to the viewing audience that opposing Illegal Immigration for example, is really "fostering a disguised type of racism". In reality, one thing has absolutely nothing to do with the other, yet we see these media commentators and political hacks attempt make such false ties and connections time and time again.

If we Americans use critical thinking, and ask ourselves specifically which GOP or Democratic candidate stand for racists beliefs, we will not be able to name many (if any at all) on either side, even though we recognize that there are elements of white racism, black racism and other types of racism as well.

By the same token, if we evaluate specific positions and policies of the respective political parties, we cannot find anything, on either side, that could somehow be tied directly to racism or so called racist policies. It is for these reasons that I believe Americans are waking up to certain media and certain political figures suggestive attempts to create false labels and insinuations that one party leans more towards racism than does the other party. Such attempts to manipulate American voters... is simply Un-American, and by and large, Americans have grown tired and weary of attempts to draw them in on this political game, and they are no longer willing to take the bait.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I think the focus is being shifted from old methods to new ones, like "reverse-racism." I can't think of a much more ridiculous term and then there is the new institutionalized racism which is often used as a substitute for regular racism.

People who feel disenfranchised are going to find someone to blame.

The whole "papers please" nonsense is blown completely out of proportion by rabble rousers who want to feel important. Here in Arizona we have a bad reputation as some extremely racist state which absolutely laughable. You might find one here or there, but when I go around and actually talk to real humans it turns out to be very rare. We even have a large population of Californians on the Uni campus and most of them actually admit that they were surprised at how different things actually are.

There is a vast difference in opinion between the social 'justice' majors and the rest of the population.

I remember back in middle school I lost some of my best friends because their bigot parents kept telling them I was a white boy so I was secretly racist. No joke, I ran into a few later and was flabbergasted when I got an apology.

This problem will start to fade away as the youth grow up, grow a pair, and actually start making their own decisions.

-FBB
edit on 20-4-2014 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I think classism is more of an issue in this country than racism.

we don't even notice the classism, or at least right-wingers don't notice the classism.

The left mis-interprets it as racism, which just leads to them arguing a bad point.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Racism is alive and well. Do black people use that to their advantage? Yes. Not all of us but some. People call it "white guilt" if a caucasian acknowledges that their standard of living was brought about by worldwide genocide. I'm considered racist if I point it out. Yet the same policies continue. Afghanistan is occupied. Iraq is occupied. They are going back in reoccupying Africa. Nets on the side of the chinese buildings that make our Ipads to catch people who try to kill themselves. I suppose those people disenfranchised themselves though. All of the reverse racism occuring in the world could be considered karma. Maybe a certain group of people should try to actually right the things they made wrong in this world instead of exploiting a situation that they helped to bring about for all perpetuity. Saying O.K. you are one of us you can vote thats all behind us now is the main thing that irks black people. You dont have to be apologetic about it, but it shouldnt irritate a person that someone else is. Someone should be. Unfortunately it shouldnt be the common american white man. It should be the Brits. If they were truly sorry theyd hand over the gold mines, platinum mines, diamond mines, aluminum mines, oil fields in africa. They'd give up the farmland so people would stop starving by the thousands in africa. People are living the high life in Europe off of resources that are not in Europe while the people in said countries die of war and famine. Racism is still alive and well. Its just become so engrained in the status quo no one sees it anymore. Its not as bad in America as it used to be, but its still right there just beneath the surface waiting on the right catalyst to justify its reemergence.
edit on 20-4-2014 by rustyclutch because: ..

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: rustyclutch

You filthy European slavers and usurpers, anyone of European descent needs to apologize to what they did to my Irish ancestors and accommodate me because of what they, their ancestors, did.

White people conquer and steal resources because they are racist . . . ignorant as it gets.

I doubt you have ever taken the time to go and work for the minorities you oppress to better their lives. Instead you try and shame people into doing it for you.

I challenge you to go and atone for your racism and not just cop out by making threads on the internet.

Put up or . .

-FBB

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FriedBabelBroccoli

I'm black. Yeah so that about deads your post. Maybe you replied to the wrong person.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: rustyclutch

I'm black. Yeah so that about deads your post. Maybe you replied to the wrong person.

What part of Africa?

Do you honestly think that your ancestors were not slavers, or conquerors of other people?

If you have proof that none of your ancestors committed atrocities I would love to see it.

Until then you should probably save up so you can send their ancestors some money.

-FBB

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Wasnt aware I had to be born in Africa to be black. You are one of those angry internet trolls arent you? If you are pointing out the fact that there were white slaves, I acknowledge this. There were white slaves on British controlled land though. So it still all falls back on Britain. If I'm not mistaken the Irish still dont consider themselves British and are still under occupation. I put the blame squarely on the people who gained the most from it. Brits still controlled Africa until the 60's. They still own all of the resources. This was done all over the world. Canada, Australia, New guinea. When I speak of racism I dont speak of it in the context of just the United States because it is a global problem. Not just in the old days but currently, because the systems and institutions set up under the old colonial days still exist and Brittain is still the prime benefactor. So again. Your argument is dead.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: rickynews

The Obamanation, Holder, queen Pelosi, and every other Dem will use race INSTANTLY when ever they don't get their way with things...because they know the Liberal Media will be there to lap it up like a dog would eat a a week old placenta....
They are truly unfit and morally weak people who just need to go away. But all of these whimpering s would go unheard if only one of the government controlled media types called them out on it.
It all boils down to our corrupt media.....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join