It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV’s Big Brother was worth more than her unborn child’s life

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia
a reply to: WarminIndy

You don't seriously believe that the young girls of today don't know the

ins and outs of abortion?? They are well versed in all the pros and cons

and the availability of the 'morning after pill.

They more often than not consider the above methods as just another

form of contraceptive! .......

Yes, there are girls who don't know because there are young girls who are told that an abortion is a simple medical procedure on a "bunch of cells". When you were in high school were you shown the videos of what an abortion is? Were you shown the videos of the progress of a fetus in development?

This debate over whether or not life happens at the moment of conception is nothing new or strange. How old do you think I am? I think it's really strange that people think of us on this side as "ignunt rednecks" who don't know anything, as though we have been insulated from the real world.

Let me explain something, WE are the ones who have to deal with girls who come to us, disappointed, rejected, psychologically and spiritually broken because your side led them to believe that life is all about choices that are cool and fun. WE are the ones who have to listen to them tell us with tears in their eyes how they felt later. WE are the ones who have to comfort them. And WE had to watch the older women who cried after forced abortions and sterilization.

Planned Parenthood Settlement After Death

Botched abortion or medical malpractice?

Tonya Reaves, a 24-year old woman, died from three major complications during a botched second-trimester abortion suffered at a Chicago area Planned Parenthood abortion clinic on July 20, 2012.

But it was her body, right? Now Planned Parenthood HAS to pay for the death of this woman, even though it was her choice.

Dublin Woman Dies After Abortion

Don't you think young women should know that death and sterilization can and does happen in abortions? Oh, but it's just a simple medical procedure and a bunch of cells, right? It is an unnecessary procedure that the government should not be funding. And we can find articles like this all day long.

How about this woman, apparently old enough to know the ins and outs...

Woman Dies From Drinking Vinegar To Induce Abortion

Put these stories out there in the national discussion. Otherwise you help contribute to the lack of real knowledge for young women when making a choice.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

More than half of the women who choose to have abortions are in their 20's, old enough to know where babies come from and what an abortion is. 6 in 10 of the women who have had abortions already have children. How stupid do you think women are? just because you don't agree with their choices doesn't mean those choices are made in ignorance.

Considering the woman that this thread addresses, what would you have her learn before she can make an educated choice to abort, in your opinion?

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Maybe women should be educated in these stats before considering child birth.

The risk of death associated with a full-term pregnancy and delivery is 8.8 deaths per 100,000, while the risk of death linked to legal abortion is 0.6 deaths per 100,000 women, according to the study. That means a woman carrying a baby to term is 14 times more likely to die than a woman who chooses to have a legal abortion, the study finds.

Aborti on Safer for Women Than Childbirth, Study Claims

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
By this time next year she'll be pregnant again, but there won't be any cameras on her.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

The risk of death associated with a full-term pregnancy and delivery is 8.8 deaths per 100,000, while the risk of death linked to legal abortion is 0.6 deaths per 100,000 women, according to the study. That means a woman carrying a baby to term is 14 times more likely to die than a woman who chooses to have a legal abortion, the study finds.

What a stupid example. Gosh, people who jump from the higher balconies are more likely to die than the ones who attempt suicide from the second floor. Whoda thunk?

So the mortality rate makes it better to have abortions? Is that what you are suggesting?

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

We could be talking at cross purposes here because I'm relating to
the UK.

In the UK secondary education starting 11/12 years along with sex
education they have PSHE (Personal Social and Health Education)
there is also a nurse/mentor at the school from whom they can get
the morning after pill, and contraceptive advice, I'm not sure on this
point but I think condoms are also available. Last year my then
15 year old granddaughter informed me that they had been discussing
all aspects including the health and moral issues of abortion.

And your alluding to my sex education at high school. Well LOL!!
I never had any .... I am at the age where I had to pick it up as I
went along, and no safe clinical abortions for women then just
the rusty coat hanger or back street abortionist. No choice of
contraceptive (the pill, the injection, the coil) only the condom....
AND there was no such thing as rape within marriage, the
man had his conjugal rights.

But I still DON'T agree with abortion as a career move.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit

What a stupid example. Gosh, people who jump from the higher balconies are more likely to die than the ones who attempt suicide from the second floor. Whoda thunk?

So the mortality rate makes it better to have abortions? Is that what you are suggesting?

It seems someone is suggesting abortion is too dangerous to be legal!

The article and the statistics were in response to these stupid examples! LOL

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
She's aborting her kid for a chance to make an ass of herself on TV. 15 seconds of fame isn't worth it.

I hate to say it, but she'd probably be to self centered to properly raise a kid. Adoption would be a better option, but she needs to be seen.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

More than half of the women who choose to have abortions are in their 20's, old enough to know where babies come from and what an abortion is. 6 in 10 of the women who have had abortions already have children. How stupid do you think women are? just because you don't agree with their choices doesn't mean those choices are made in ignorance.

Considering the woman that this thread addresses, what would you have her learn before she can make an educated choice to abort, in your opinion?

She's already come to the conclusion that her choices are ok. Do you think she represents the argument for abortion rights? Abstinence is always a better choice for her situation.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Well, fortunately the voters of the U.S. -- both men and women -- have consistently determined that safe and legal abortions are better for society in general than not having them available. If somebody has a beef with that, they need to get as many people together as they can and change the laws. Good luck with that.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

It seems someone is suggesting abortion is too dangerous to be legal!

The article and the statistics were in response to these stupid examples! LOL

I see, they are only stupid when it exposes the ignorance of some women, which is what I was addressing. And they are only stupid when someone on this side shows the articles. I said we could go all day with articles about women who have died or have become sterilized because of abortions.

What do you have against educating young women about a very important life decision?

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
She's doing the world a favor... you really want that one having a child?

And FWIW last I checked we have a fair share of folks, like 7.1 billion.... losing a few isn't going to do anything but give a little reprieve to our home.

Derek

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

We could be talking at cross purposes here because I'm relating to
the UK.

In the UK secondary education starting 11/12 years along with sex
education they have PSHE (Personal Social and Health Education)
there is also a nurse/mentor at the school from whom they can get
the morning after pill, and contraceptive advice, I'm not sure on this
point but I think condoms are also available. Last year my then
15 year old granddaughter informed me that they had been discussing
all aspects including the health and moral issues of abortion.

And your alluding to my sex education at high school. Well LOL!!
I never had any .... I am at the age where I had to pick it up as I
went along, and no safe clinical abortions for women then just
the rusty coat hanger or back street abortionist. No choice of
contraceptive (the pill, the injection, the coil) only the condom....
AND there was no such thing as rape within marriage, the
man had his conjugal rights.

But I still DON'T agree with abortion as a career move.

I remember when Sex Education became part of the national debate in the United States. Even then girls were told it was just a "bunch of cells" but now there has been so much evidence of how soon fetuses develop, it still isn't part of the education. That needs to change.

Legal abortions just took women from those back alleys, as I mentioned. It didn't change what abortion was then or now, it's the same thing.

Did you discuss with your granddaughter about the medical procedure? If you are the responsible grandmother I would think you would like her to be fully educated about this.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Well, fortunately the voters of the U.S. -- both men and women -- have consistently determined that safe and legal abortions are better for society in general than not having them available. If somebody has a beef with that, they need to get as many people together as they can and change the laws. Good luck with that.

Oh, there's the catchword..."safe". It's not always safe so that's rather misleading.

I know people are going to do what people want to do whether or not it is legal. Legality isn't the point, fully educating people is.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Maybe all Windy is doing is making a really good argument that people shouldn't be having sex for fun. It's a serious thing. If you aren't ready to deal with all the potential consequences, including death, you shouldn't be out having a hookup.

edit on 21-4-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

What do you have against educating young women about a very important life decision?

You mean educating them to see things from your perspective!

a reply to: ketsuko

Maybe all Windy is doing is making a really good argument that people shouldn't be having sex for fun. It's a serious thing. If you aren't ready to deal with all the potential consequences, including death, you shouldn't be out having a hookup.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda........

You can't tell people how to live their lives, the conditions of sex, who to love or have sex with and when, or to abstain from sex altogether. That's their personal choice, the consequence are theirs.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

And certainly not at the taxpayers expense.

I know that people will do what they want. We can only tell them why we feel it is wrong, but we also can't deny the obvious lack of real education in this matter. That was the purpose for Sex Education in schools in the first place, the lack of real knowledge.

But we no longer live in a PG-14 world so it needs to be part of the discussion and education. And we also are going to have to address the issues of lifelong psychological counselling for those who do need therapy. It's like we live in a world that has no clue but the only ones who are talking about the real implications are always called "the Religious Right terrorists".

The ones who should be bringing that part into the discussion is the pro-choice group. But they won't allow us to even talk about or show videos of what an abortion is. Doesn't that amaze you also?

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

You mean educating them to see things from your perspective!

a reply to: ketsuko

You can't tell people how to live their lives, the conditions of sex, who to love or have sex with and when, or to abstain from sex altogether. That's their personal choice, the consequence are theirs.

Showing a video of an abortion is not from my perspective, it's the reality of a medical procedure. What do you have against showing this?

You are just telling us about the choices of having sex and fun, you aren't informing girls and boys about the consequences. Why do you wish them to remain ignorant about it?

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Why Do Pro-Life Activists Oppose Sex Education?

She believes that contraception and sex ed increase the number of unintended pregnancies

She says she would never support sex ed because:

a) "The logic behind them is hypocritical. Assuming you're married, would your wife send you out of town on a business trip after slipping a condom in your suitcase and saying, "Honey, I want you to be faithful, but here's protection just in case you slip up..."?

b) Contraceptives are the root of abortion. "Contraceptive" means anti-conception. Contraceptives establish a mindset of hostility toward the blessing of children.

c) Sex outside of marriage is a sin.... We do not say, don't murder but here's how in case you can't resist.... We do not say, don't commit adultery but here's how in case you can't resist. We have to resist the culture and think the same way about premarital sex."

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Yes, but if you don't know all the potential consequences, you can't really say they are making a truly informed decision can you?

Oh, I know you can call it scare mongering, but there should be a healthy respect for the act. It's a serious thing, not a plaything as innocent as picking dandelions out of the front yard and weaving them into a chain.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join