It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Terrifying Ghost Experience

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: alienreality

So with all your experiences, and they are really interesting, you believe in God? I believed in neither until this happened, and it got me thinking how much better the world would be if everyone had an experience like mine. They'd know there's something else beside the current reality we live in.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
When I was a child and preteen, I would stay with my grandmother quite a bit on the weekends and during school breaks. She moved around often, to various apartments and houses. No matter where she lived I would feel someone get in the bed with me. I would ask her the next morning if she got in bed with me, her answer was always no.

After a few years it got to the point no matter where I stayed, my house, dads, other grandparents, this would happened. This did not stop until I was around 22 years old. I'm 30 now and haven't had it happened all this time. I still wonder who or what it was.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: NostalgicFrost

That's incredible, and I can't imagine how terrifying it would be to a preteen. This got to a point where it would happen every single night??

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: oldetimehockey4
Yeah I have similar experiences with feeling the bed depressing as if someone was sitting/laying next to me. The first time was when I was still living with my (then) GF, I thought she had come to bed so I slid my arm to hold her but there was nothing there. She had fallen asleep in front of the TV and was still on the couch the next morning.

It happened one other time at that house.

After I broke up with her I moved to another city, then back to WA to live with my dad. I only had a single bed at my dads place, but one night it felt like the bed was being pulled from below--a very different sensation than that of someone laying next to you. This second incident happened at a time of "high strangeness" and I believe that they are two separate and distinct entities.

The former a ghost, the latter a daemon IMHO.

ETA: It may be worth mentioning that my ex was a pagan, and had a lot of dead following her around. She claimed one was her dead best friend, but didnt know who the others were.

edit on 24-4-2014 by RifRAAF because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: RifRAAF

Whether it could have been demonic or not, in my case, definitely crossed my mind. As I said earlier, my belief in God was at an all time low, and it really would have sucked, for lack of a better term, if I had to go through a possession to believe in God (half joking)

Given the history and apparent benevolence of my experience, I really believe it was my mothers aunt.

Do you believe there was a purpose to feeling it in your bed? As if it was trying to tell you something? I know you said your GF at the time had a lot of dead following.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
None of know for sure and won't until it our time, but after having many such experiences over my lifetime, i believe they are just saying hello, I am here, I am thinking of you.

I do think that sometimes they are going about their business, we go about ours and there can in certain circumstances be a bleed through.

If everything that has ever happened and ever will happen, is happening right now, (as many believe) then you may well have a million ghosts on your property at any one time. unless you have abilities, or some connection to them, we don't even notice usually.

don't be scared though, its a bit unnerving to start with, but at the same time, i find it reassuring and comforting.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
some say that ghost are just figures of our imagination or even hallucinations. When electromagnetic activity was targeted towards specific regions of the brain, it created visual hallucinations.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: eccentriclady

That's what really hit home for me, the reassurance of it, that we do have somewhere to go when this reality ends.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: jackj

That makes sense, and your response was part of the reason I made this thread, to try and see if it could be explained.

If I had merely seen a ghost, I probably wouldn't have made this thread. I was drifting off to sleep, and FELT my bed decompress. I didn't see anything, and it didn't last long enough for me to have the mind to see if the bed was visibly depressed, though I wish I had. Thanks for your response.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Josephus
There's no way I'd sleep with a closed closet or even my bedroom door at my back. I'm a big ol' chicken when it comes to that sort of stuff.

I'm the opposite: I have to have my closet closed. I have better piece of mind knowing that whatever is in there can stay in there.

There's some weird stuff happening in this house since us group of students all took it over. Luckily, most of it is in the basement and I'm upstairs.

But the weirdest part that involved me, was something I slept through. A week after we moved in, roommate in the room below me said he heard me, without the sound of me getting out of my bed, walk in circles for about 10 minutes in front of where my closet is, and then stop in a direction facing my bed. All this started at 03:15, the typical time this stuff happens here. He thought I was sleep walking, but my alarm app on my phone uses a gyroscope to record movement in my sleep and the data proves that I wasn't moving around during that time.

The other roommates all report similar stuff, though more intrusive in terms of whatever it is trying to get in bed with them.

This is by no means my first experience with this stuff either, but I am glad that it's not bothering me. I guess having girls sleep with me at night helps.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: jackj
some say that ghost are just figures of our imagination or even hallucinations. When electromagnetic activity was targeted towards specific regions of the brain, it created visual hallucinations.

That's a nice story...

It doesn't explain why heavy objects flew off the wall in the middle of the night when I was a child. Or why I still remember watching a faded woman in 40's era clothing walking around an old house my family would visit. Or why both my dog and I vividly heard somebody stomping up stairs on the inside of my house when I was there alone at age 15. Etc etc

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

I understand a lot of people's skepticism with mediums, but I think Theresa and John are both good mediums. No medium is 100% accurate any of the time. I think the success rate in correct readings is around 86% in what any of them get right.

If you want to see an authentic medium, watch a few shows from Kim Russo's show, The Haunting Of.... She nails it!
And she is great!!!
www.mylifetime.com...

There are some good ones, but you need to research them before you use their services. Get some past references to check out, especially if you have to pay money for their services.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Yes, I did have a feeling that it was one of her "dead". We spoke about it the next day, and about some of the other hauntings around her. I really dont want to elaborate as she is in my past and... too much # to rethink.

I dont think it was her deceased bestie (I wish it was--easier to deal with), I really think it was another entity that was around her.

I cant make too many speculations because it means I have to think about her, this is a person who destroyed my life.

Sorry for the ambiguity.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Vovin

Wow, your experiences sound uncannily similar to mine. It's terrifying isn't it?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: wtbengineer
a reply to: Vovin

Wow, your experiences sound uncannily similar to mine. It's terrifying isn't it?

It can be. It's less terrifying now that I'm older but it still induces insomnia now and then.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Creepy stuff -
In my childhood I had a great dane who took up the corner spot of the couch, the couch bent around two walls - Seats seven people or so. The dog always took the corner.
About one or two years after that dog was put down to do very bad cancer, my grandmother was seated near the dog's spot on the couch when she felt the pressure of something jump onto the couch, and then sit in that spot. The cushion of the couch literally pressed down as well, she could see and feel this. That was the first time she'd visited the house since the dog's passing, and believes it was Amber, the dog, saying goodbye to her before moving on.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: oldetimehockey4 I have also felt the sensation, more than once, of someone sitting in my bed beside me. I believe it is just a demonic spirit trying to spook me, so I just try and ignore it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join