It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's With the Weird Del Taco Service?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
This may be a region-specific thread.

I was going to post this on the rant forum, but it's more like a weird observation of weird behavior than a rant. Has anybody noticed that Del Taco employees are unnaturally rude? I wonder what could be behind it. I almost get a strange feeling that the employees are picked to be there for their rudeness. I don't think that they're trained to be rude, that seems counter-intuitive.

But all that said, I don't know what their interest would be in having rude employees. I understand that they're paid minimum wage. I had a minimum wage job at one point, too. Been there, done that.

I haven't observed anything like, for example, one of them yelling at me. I don't really want to give an example of their rudeness. For one, it's subtle behavior that I've noticed. I've also noticed it for many years, and across many different Del Tacos. It could be that different fast-food places have different personalities. I would describe Del Taco's as creepy. Has anybody felt a weird vibe at Del Taco?

Edit: Going to sleep pretty soon. Won't be able to reply right away. G' night!
Edit 2: Sorry for the lack of examples. It's a vibe that I get. For example, being ignored in a weird way.
edit on 20-4-2014 by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: brazenalderpadrescorpio

I will have to admit, I've never heard of Del Taco [south]
Not sure what part of the country they are located

Is it similar to Taco Bell, fast food?
Because sometimes their employees aren't the best either, manner wise
Maybe it's a 'taco' thing.....LOL

edit on 20-4-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   
There is an old saying, you get what you pay for, i think service at
fast food places is the epitome of that saying. If we want clean,
intelligent and polite service from these places then they must
pay enough to attract that type of employee.

I would go so far as to say that's why none of them drug test,
they know that their target employee will not pass it.

To keep costs down they sacrifice their customers happiness and
that's pretty much the long and the short of it. The only way to
respond is by choosing not to give your money to that place.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: bloodreviara

hmm.. that's nice ..and wise and stuff.. we could learn a lot from that

maybe we don't need that whammy taco-burger after all

hmm.. your post was really insightful, it shows how a lurid suggestion in an OP can be negated with simply knowing the mechanism of what makes people lose their humanity.. ..varying degrees of it
without that nice little cryptic explanation (i enjoy them, thanks for yours) we'd potentially have a field day ranging from cannibal-meth-user all-you-can-eat buffets to black-market trading in human eyelashes.. my money's on the leprechauns, it's always the leprechauns..

oh, uhh, i'm leaving this nonsense as a reference point for something complex i'm trying to ramble about in other topics
thanks again, bloodperson, i hope something nice happens to you one day

edit on 20-4-2014 by UNIT76 because: the madman left a reference link for 'Victim/Predation/Judgement encoding', as he affectionately labeled it, he reclined in the deep velvet chair and swirled brandy as lightning flashed ominous shadows on the wall.. "i really need to pee" he thought

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
If you eat the crap they dish out at fast food restaurants I have just one question.

Why would you expect people at those places to treat you better than you treat you? Pure poison that crap is.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

But Taco Bell, Carl's Jr. and Jack in the Box are cheap too., and I don't get the same vibe there. They're not extremely nice, but they're not as weird as Del Taco. I'd like to hear from somebody who's experienced the same difference at Del Taco.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Mamatus

You're right, to be honest. It'd be nice if they could treat us with dignity, even though the food is cheap though. I mean I'm in the same boat as them and worse since I'm unemployed.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: UNIT76

I think it's true. Why do we have to accept sub-standard treatment as the norm? I really do feel like that guy from Falling Down, sometimes.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I haven't been to a Del Taco since 2005 when I vacationed in California ( Southern ) I never experienced that.

But now, if I ever go back, I have this to look forward to, joy for joy. Their food is better than Taco Bell by far imho.

Customer service ain't what it used to be overall. Pay them like you need them and things will change. I suppose!

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

Del Taco is a way stranger vibe than Taco Bell. You get the impression that Del Taco is owned by Satan, whereas Taco Bell is owned by a mischievous imp. I also get that weird vibe at Wal-Mart. And actually Wal-Mart is worse.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DaphneApollo

To be honest, I don't remember their service that far back. I'm also really good at picking up on vibes. Some people are oblivious to that sort of thing.

Edit: The person I live with will swear by my ability to pick up on vibes, and to be able to discern certain things.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

You know, once upon a time, fast food was the typical first job for a teenager in high school, and they didn't have to pay you a so-called living wage because you were still living at home. All it was was a place for you to cut your teeth garnering basic job skills like learning how to be fast, friendly, courteous and punctual among other things while earning some extra basic pocket money to go out with on Friday night (or pay for those designer jeans mom refused to spring for). Now they won't hire teenagers who are one of America's biggest segments of the unemployed.

Go figure.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Hmm, could it be because THEY WORK AT DEL TACO! Would you be happy?

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I would rather go there than to Taco Bell any day. As far as vibes go, I don't know, last time I was in a Del Taco was 2011.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SixX18

You could be right in a sense. Maybe they get paid even lower at Del Taco. But I tend to think that it has to do with a different work environment. I think that it may be something as simple as that there's not a requirement for them to be courteous, and the workers take advantage of that real quickly.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   

I have never been to a Del Taco in the past so i guess i cannot
say on that specifically but where i live not all fast food joints
pay the same starting wage. For example Hardees in this area
only pays min wage and gives no raises at all, our local McDonalds
on the other hand often steals good employees from the
other places by offering them 9$ an hour to start.

It may well be something similar to this going on, the Del Tacos
in your area may be owned by the same franchisee and he may
not offer incentives to keep good people where as the others
do.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

It's possible. But I also think that they may not be encouraged to be kind.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I have never seen or heard of 'Del Taco' except when they talk about it on Big Bang Theory. I got the impression it was a fast food taco place like Taco Bell ... but worse. Did my imagination get it right?

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I'm one of the few people that doesn't watch The Big Bang Theory. What do they say? I just have the TV on in the background as I surf the web. I don't like television very much.

Edit: I couldn't find anything on YouTube.
edit on 21-4-2014 by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Hey, stumbled across this and thought of you.....

SANTA PAULA DEL TACO CHARGED FAMILY $10,000 AND OTHER CUSTOMERS ALSO THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS FOR PURCHASE OF BURRITOS, TACOS AND SOFTDRINK

Customer Michael Cole says he was surprised when he was charged $4,050 for one CrunchTada Pizza and two beef tacos. He noticed the problem Friday when he tried to withdraw $20 from an ATM and was denied.

Another customer was charged $2,000 for a soda.

KCAL9′s Brittney Hopper spoke to one customer who is able to smile now about his $10,000 charge but Dino DeLao says it’s really no laughing matter. On Tuesday, his wife of 19 years went to buy the family some dinner. The bill came to $10.20. “She bought four hard shell tacos and two regular tacos,” says DeLao. Wednesday morning, they discovered (after a bank call reporting they were bouncing checks all over the place) that they were actually charged $10,220. “There’s no money in my account right now that I can actually go and have a nice Easter,” DeLao says. “It took a damper on my life. That’s a lot of money

It was some kind of technical glitch with the ATM ....they'll be getting a refund needless to say

But damn, doesn't anyone check their receipt totals any more or just sign away without looking????

Just thought I'd toss this out there for ya...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join