It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we attract what we don't want? An answer pointing to a higher power.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma

Okay, there are many responses here that suggest the posters did not read the OP.

Perhaps some points of it need to be highlighted?

Darkbake wrote in the OP:

A lot of people take to the belief that manifesting is just "wishing" for something and getting it without effort. Well, I don't subscribe to that philosophy

However, there is another form of manifestation that is very close to that first form - what you do is, you visualize something in your mind, write it down, and then get there. After a lot of practice, what really happens is, you begin to learn how to think critically and problem-solve. The visuals are important because you have to be able to imagine and manipulate variables that aren't directly in front of you.

I think the use of the term Law of Attraction led some to mistaken conclusions about the topic.

I want to be one of elite in Rothschild family,

What the hell it doesn't work?!!!!

Because Law of Attraction is BS.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: candlestick

originally posted by: Bluesma

Okay, there are many responses here that suggest the posters did not read the OP.

Perhaps some points of it need to be highlighted?

What the hell it doesn't work?!!!!

Because Law of Attraction is BS.

LOL- I guess you didn't read the repeat either.

The OP is not refering to the Law of Attraction as the New Age concept, it was a misleading use of words!

They are refering to critical thought and problem solving!

Critical thought is not your strong point, I see.....

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

I completely understand where you are going with and wow does this offer some thought provoking material

Thank you for the insight

namaste
~sacri~

Something else I felt to add. To negate the negative I consciousnesly made the effort to always be smiling, always be kind, always make an effort to have a positive effect on strangers. The trick is to keep the consciousness in a state of positivity. I would highly recommend it as you can see potential of this

edit on 1-5-2014 by Sacri because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
This is what they OP said :

However, there is another form of manifestation that is very close to that first form - what you do is, you visualize something in your mind, write it down, and then get there. After a lot of practice, what really happens is, you begin to learn how to think critically and problem-solve. The visuals are important because you have to be able to imagine and manipulate variables that aren't directly in front of you.

How could I being one of elite in Rothschild family by keeping imagine ?

And I don't think people who love to imagine must think critically.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

In reference to:

How could I being one of elite in Rothschild family by keeping imagine ?

And I don't think people who love to imagine must think critically.

People who love to think critically do not need to imagine either.
The process referred to necessitates usage of BOTH though.

When you want to do (have, become) something, it takes imagination. You must imagine you are something you are not yet, or a thing you do not have yet, or are doing something you are not yet.

Imagination is needed in any goal setting you do, from a future career to making your breakfast.

Even the steps in between must be imagined

-If I walk to the kitchen, and open the refrigerator, what will I see there? (image)

-Is there eggs left? (image of last time you opened and looked in it)

-How do I want to cook them? (image of eggs cooking in frying pan, scrambled, fried...image of eggs in boiling water...)
----------------------------------------------------
Critical thought comes in as your brain maps the way from from "now" to "then"- it examines collected information surrounding that thing, discerning what can be used or not in building that path.
-------------------------------------------------

Emotion is the fuel for the action (E-nergy in MOTION). It begins with hormones circulating in the body and if not restrained, in movement of muscles and firing of neurons, enabling action to follow that path.
------------------------------------------------
This can be more conscious thinking in some cases (like choosing a vacation spot, and planning how to get there),
Or less conscious (like choosing what you are going to eat for breakfast, and planning how you will make it).

With experience, the "path building" stage becomes less conscious, as you have gathered information through life experience, and your brain has a wealth of potential pathways created to pull from. More and more often, you can simply imagine a goal, and then trust your instincts as they are guided by that subconscious GPS type of system in you.

----------------------------------------------

In your example, if you imagine yourself a Rothschild, and critically examine knowledge you have of how someone can become part of a family, you can map out a way of doing so. Whether or not you get there would depend upon how much you have learned of the Rothschild family and their members, as well as the amount of emotion (passion) you feel about that vision.

For example, marrying into the family would be one possibility.
But knowledge of the potential spouses, their family habits, traditions, locations, education, etc. would be needed for constructing a pathway.

If your present state is very far from that one, then it would be a long term goal, probably best to imagine when you are very young, to be able to construct all the steps necessary in terms of behavioral education and experiences.

The more emotionally focused you would be on that imaginary vision of yourself as part of that family, the more energy will go into your critical thought process, choices, and action in the direction of that goal.

As with any analysis, breaking it down makes it lose some of it's "magical" feeling. It uncovers the subconscious dynamics.
That doesn't mean the experience of this happening still seems rather mysterious as it is hapening- when one is following intuition and seeming "coincidences" ).
edit on 2-5-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

The OP didn't said that ,
what you said on this post ,I don't think it's related with Law of Attraction.
Anyway ,I think you are BSing.
edit on 2-5-2014 by candlestick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
(Please remove this )
edit on 2-5-2014 by candlestick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   

The OP didn't said that ,
what you said on this post ,I don't think it's related with Law of Attraction.
Anyway ,I think you are BSing.

A direct quote, from the OP, on "the Law of Attraction"

A lot of people take to the belief that manifesting is just "wishing" for something and getting it without effort. Well, I don't subscribe to that philosophy

Darkbake does not believe in the magical sort of belief you are refering to, and has said that clearly.

He/she explained what he/she feels happens within us instead and what might be limited or obstructed by outside forces such as organized religions or media:

what really happens is, you begin to learn how to think critically and problem-solve. The visuals are important because you have to be able to imagine and manipulate variables that aren't directly in front of you.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Use Ctrl+F serach the green sentence,found nothing .
Anyway ,many motivations of blaming a religion is want to build a new religion.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   
The “think good thoughts and good things will happen to you” mentality can, at times, be good advice, but I think it is overly simplistic. In my mind, there is no question that we shape some of our own karma, but certainly not all of it. Proof of this is that incredibly BAD things can happen to good people and fantastically GOOD things can happen to very evil people. So, attitude is but one piece to a very large puzzle.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
The observation that we get what we don't want when we concentrate too much on what we want seems to indicate there is some higher power at work.

But that higher power is not outside of you, it IS you.

I have observed how religion and governments and the education and most other types of systems seem to actively try to beat, condition and indoctrinate any notion of personal power out of us without our ever noticing it consciously...at least most don't notice.

I always look at needs first, if they are met why waste energy on unnecessary wanting of material garbage?.

It's just stuff that keeps you from being free to do whatever you feel like doing whenever you want or need to.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Use Ctrl+F serach the green sentence,found nothing .
Anyway ,many motivations of blaming a religion is want to build a new religion.

Oh for goodness sake- the detailed description of how critical thought and imagination enable us to manifest our lives is MY personal view.

How they work for the OP is for them to describe, not me.

The clear part here is that they said they do not believe in the power of magical type wishful thinking , and that instead, they believe in our powers of solution finding through critical thought and imagination. It was said clearly.
Repeated many times, quoted by us each now.
Your mocking is irrelevant to the OP and invalid. Let's just get back to discussion of the subject, instead of ignorant mocking, shall we? Join us!

Systems of belief or thought which provide security,
hinder freedom simultaneously.

A wall is a wall.

Security is necessary for survival, freedom is necessary for growth. Life is about balance and change.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
you get what you need.

imagine hitting 5 #'s in a 12 mil lotto. cha ching!!

i needed $500 for electrical work on my house. i never prayed to win anything, it don't work like that.

guess how much i won....$538.00. had to fill out paperwork and wait for a check.

paid for the bill and 38 bucks left over.

weird stuff like that happens to me all the time.
the more i want/wish for something, i never get it.

edit on 3159255631am2014 by tsingtao because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
its a lot simpler then a lot of people think:
when steering out of a skid, why are you supposed to look where you want to go...
and not at where you don't want to go?

just to be fair to all the children on the road at any given moment;
...if its a higher power that determines where you steer to, i really hope we never share a HIGHway
and that you have an accident soon and save everyone else around you

edit on Friam5b20145America/Chicago10 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Danbones

I love that example, Danbones!

For me, you have to think about all the details only in the first stages of programming a skill.

When you are first learning to drive, you have to consciously and critically focus on each movement you do and analyze how to get from here to there effectively. You have to make conscious choices between this or that movement of you hand.

At some point the bases have been established in your brain, and in your muscle memory. (I suspect even in the neurons we have in other parts of our body take part in that storage) and only larger decisions need to be made consciously- the body can be trusted to carry out whatever is necessary to get there, subconsciously (and usually quicker and more efficiently than the conscious mind). In horse riding also, we look up to where we want to go- not down at the horse or right in front.

With any discipline it is this way.

The more varied the primary programming, the more efficient it will be.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
and there you have the art of zen
the sound of one hand steering

its amazing what you can drive out of, or even what point you can arrive at, with that simple approach.
especially if one plays to one's own gifts

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join