Easter is a Scam

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

ABSOLUTELY INDEED.

Have often been understandably accused of being excessive.

The Resurrection is clearly a high priority issue, to me.

Thanks for your kind exhortation and wisdom.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

It was made aware to me a while back that the deep ancient roots to a great deal of Christian liturgy does not detract from its celebration in modern forms. Rather, it confirms the timelessness of that experience.

You know what? That's what I was just thinking, too!!! Maybe the Bible/Christianity is just a remake....but if it's a remake of the preceding myths/legends of truth, well -
yeah.

No need to claim ONLY Christianity is correct. Also, I don't think 'works' are dead if one rejects the Christ myth.
It's what is in one's heart that matters. Any God who can't see the intention without hearing the 'password' is not worth worshipping. Like living under the thumb of an unpredictable, capricious 'overlord.' Who needs that?
Who enjoys being told they're worthless ; or constantly threatened?

Star for you.

oh yeah, the ol remake argument.

to everything, turn turn...

there is a season....

who is to say that it's not 1 God for different people at different times?

until Jesus showed up, there was a babel of religions.

hangers on, won't give it up.

there is only 1 God.no matter what His name.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

originally posted by: Toadmund

originally posted by: iSomeone

It is completely pagan. And is NOT Christian. False Christianity, which has apostatized from the truth, has adapted it, along with a plethora of other pagan, and God-dishoning holidays such as Halloween and Christmas.

What is real Christianity?
Your version?

Well if that is their version it's correct because Christmas and Easter do originate from practices which are not Christian. That is an undeniable fact regardless of what anyone says.

so what? wtf?

where does that get you?

Jesus gave out chocolate easter eggs?

everyone gets presents and a tree for His birth-day?

as hillary famously said...

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

A cursory study of pagan religions will reveal to you a plethora of gods and goddesses. It's just pure laziness that assumes one deity is every deity. If you study the nuiances and details of pagan religion, you'll even find an interesting theme: deicide, the murder of deities, an act that would be impossible if all gods were one god, as you claim.

Here, have a look:

In Mesopotamian religion Ereshkigal killed Inanna; Enlil, Ninurta, and Nushku killed Ilawela; and Marduk killed Qingu and Tiamat. Did one god kill himself and herself 4 times over in 5 different guises?

In Egyptian religion Set kills his brother Osiris; Ra, Sekhmet, Bast, Maahes, and Mehen kill Apep; and Baal and Astarte kill an unnamed sea-god. Again, did one god kill himself 3 times in 7 guises?

The Ugaritic Baal and his wife Anat kill the lord of death, Mot and the serpent-god Lotan.

The Anatolian Teshub kills his father Kumarbi, and is in turn killed by his own son.

Then we have the Greeks, who had a penchant for killing heroes mainly, but didn't mind a few dead gods: Adonis and Dionysus killed by Zeus' doing. Pan proclaimed dead during the reign of Tiberius.

In Celtic mythology there's a vast wealth of deicide. Brian, Iuchar, and Iucharba kill Lugh's father, Cian, and then Lugh has Brian, Iuchar, and Iucharba killed for this (which leads to the death of Taranis/Tuireann). Lugh also kills Balor and Bres mac Elatha. Diancecht kills his own son Miach. The smith-god Giobhniu kills Brighid's son Ruadan. Aengus mac Og kills the goddess Fuamnach for placing a curse upon his lover, Etain. You're going to tell me these are all one god?

And let's not forget the Norse, where Hodr kills Baldr by accident, and Vali is conceived to kill Hodr. Then Heimdall and Loki kill each other during Ragnarok.

And that's just looking at the swath of Afro-Eurasian religions from Mesopotamia, to Egypt, the Levant, Greece, the Celts, and the Norsemen. I'm not familiar enough with the rest of the world's religions to tell you how many of their gods partake of deicide.

All one god you say?

I say you've no idea what you're talking about.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

a reply to: iSomeone

That is exactly what I was trying to say. It's not some made up holiday by the Pagans, it has actual meaning.

Even my very first comment

a reply to: BABYBULL24

Easter isn't a made up Pagan holiday. Ôstara (Eostre) is a Germanic divinity. The devil has nothing to do with the original Pagan Easter.
edit on 22-4-2014 by knoledgeispower because: missed quote bubble

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Also to keep oneself without spot from the world. That is because one's cultivating a friendship with the world would be putting oneself on record as an enemy of Jehovah God: (James 4:4) Adulteresses, do YOU not know that the friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever, therefore, wants to be a friend of the world is constituting himself an enemy of God.

I believe you have misinterpreted Christ' meaning..Cultivating a friendship of the world is exactly what Christ Jesus did! Jesus, did NOT come for the SAINTS, he came for the SINNERS!! That would be you and me! Remember Mary the prostitute, and the thieves, and the murderer's You nor I are any better in GOD's eye's we are ALL Sinners! That is the very reason God gave His only son to die a grizzly death. He paid our debt so we would not have too!

Not one human being on the planet is able to keep "oneself without a spot from the world. There was only one perfect man that has ever been able to do that and that was Christ Jesus....By the way the I believe Jesus cares more
about these scriptures, than he does if I have a drink on Saturday night, and what I where into the church Sunday morning. Meaning if I want to wear jeans and a blouse and boots than i do

Matthew 22:37-39 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

biblegateway.com

In your posts you sound legalistic. You and I both know that when you come across as all about legalism then you remove the Gospel message altogether; and to that I say what is the point of sharing the Gospel if you are gonna leave Christ out of it...

Pax

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

It is true that God wants everyone to repent. And Jesus did indeed come to save us sinners. All of that is correct, and we are in agreement. In fact Jesus said that we cannot leave the world (talking about his followers):

(John 17:15-17) 15 “I request you, not to take them out of the world, but to watch over them because of the wicked one. 16 They are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world. . . .

Christians live in among the world, they are not taken out of the world. Yet, they do not cultivate friendships with the world, nor is their desire upon things of this world:

(1 John 2:17) . . .Furthermore, the world is passing away and so is its desire, but he that does the will of God remains forever.

This world with its desires will soon pass on. But those who live for Jehovah will continue to keep living.

A true Christian, as you noted, loves people. Not just other Christians. That love compels them to preach and teach about the good news of God's kingdom to everyone they see. It also compels them to do good works toward others, not just other Christians.

Nevertheless, one does not become overly friendly with worldly people. They can mistake our kindness and our love for them as a wanting to become friends, but we shun association with people who do not uphold godly standards:

(1 Corinthians 15:33) Do not be misled. Bad associations spoil useful habits.

(Proverbs 13:20) He that is walking with wise persons will become wise, but he that is having dealings with the stupid ones will fare badly.

It is just as the Psalmist said:

(Psalm 26:4, 5) . . .I have not sat with men of untruth; And with those who hide what they are I do not come in.  5 I have hated the congregation of evildoers, And with the wicked ones I do not sit.

Jesus did preach to sinners. But he could read their heart. It is obvious that when they heard his message, those who became his followers, such as Mary and Martha, or Matthew the Tax-Collector, turned back form their former course of life and repented of their bad ways. If they didn't Jesus would not have continued to associate with them. That is why scripture says:

(1 Corinthians 6:9-11) . . .What! Do YOU not know that unrighteous persons will not inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be misled. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who lie with men, 10 nor thieves, nor greedy persons, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit God’s kingdom. 11 And yet that is what some of YOU were. But YOU have been washed clean, but YOU have been sanctified, but YOU have been declared righteous in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God.

Yes, people who practice such things will never make it into God's kingdom. But many Christians were formerly people in the world who did not know better, and were children of wrath, fit for destruction:

(Ephesians 2:3) . . .Yes, among them we all at one time conducted ourselves in harmony with the desires of our flesh, doing the things willed by the flesh and the thoughts, and we were naturally children of wrath even as the rest.

But upon learning the truth, we accepted it as it rightfully was, as the word of God and not that of man, and have purified ourselves of every defilement of the flesh.

As you said, God's tolerating this system of things to go on so long, is not slowness on his part, as we consider slowness, rather it is because of his patience, he not desiring one person to be destroyed, rather, that all attain to repentance:

(2 Peter 3:9) Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.

But when judgement day does finally arrive. Where will you stand? You see, you will need to have cleansed yourself before that time comes. And yes there are Christians who are able to remain without spot from the world, just as has been commanded them. And if someone falls, they do not give up. They get back up and continue on:

(2 Peter 3:14, 15) . . .Hence, beloved ones, since YOU are awaiting these things, do YOUR utmost to be found finally by him spotless and unblemished and in peace. 15 Furthermore, consider the patience of our Lord as salvation. . .

Another scripture that explains how God feels about those who cultivate friendship with the world (If you missed it, you quoted it, but for some reason missed it:

James 4:4) Adulteresses, do YOU not know that the friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever, therefore, wants to be a friend of the world is constituting himself an enemy of God.
edit on 22-4-2014 by iSomeone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

That love compels them to preach and teach about the good news of God's kingdom to everyone they see. It also compels them to do good works toward others, not just other Christians.

Nevertheless, one does not become overly friendly with worldly people. They can mistake our kindness and our love for them as a wanting to become friends, but we shun association with people who do not uphold godly standards:

Wow. Now THAT ^^ is hypocrisy in its finest form.

You 'love all people' so you go about telling them what worthless sinners they are unless they believe in your version of things that cannot be proven. But you don't want to 'befriend them', and instead you SHUN THEM. Nice. (Not.)

How about you just leave others alone, and don't bother 'preaching'. Do your 'compulsive good works' without advertising it.
A person who has never heard 'the good news of God's kingdom' (which is actually a nightmarish story when you add in the dire consequences of not 'accepting it as true') can do just fine, and loads/billions of them also do 'good works for others'. Just because. Because it's the natural, right, social-creature thing to do. No 'Christ' or 'news' required.

You are implying that only when someone has heard your "good news" do their 'good works' count.
That is 'coerced good works.' It's tantamount to 'bribery'.

People do PLENTY of good works for others without needing to hear your Bible-based account of things.
Sorry if that doesn't sit right with you (although I'm not really 'sorry if your sensibilities are offended' - ketsuko will get that one) - but I hope you don't suffer so much disillusionment that it harms you and breaks your heart. Honestly.

Delusion is a powerful thing, though - with that I can not argue.
edit on 4/23/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: iSomeone

It is true that God wants everyone to repent. And Jesus did indeed come to save us sinners.
So, how many of the faithful get to enter the Kingdom of Heaven?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

This thread will get ugly fast, as these tend to do when pagan holidays are revealed for what they are.

THE TIMING OF THE LAST 4 DAYS AND NIGHTS OF JESUS CHRIST IN PHYSICAL FORM

- Tuesday night, after sunset (beginning of the 14th of Abib): Jesus Christ and the 12 Apostles gather to keep the Passover of the Eternal in a second story room (event known as the "last supper"). After the Passover meal is completed, Jesus Christ begins to teach the 12 Apostles the new manner by which the spiritual keeping of the Passover was to kept moving forward as an annual memorial of the need for Jesus Christ's death as God's Passover lamb sacrificed for the removal of the sins of spiritual Israel (the Church to be established). Jesus Christ instituted the "foot washing" ceremony, followed by the Eucharist (receiving of the Body and Blood of the Passover lamb of God; Jesus Christ). This new manner of obedience to the keeping of the Passover was established on that night.

- Wednesday morning, after midnight still during the night portion of the 14th of Abib: Jesus Christ is betrayed by Judas and turned over to Roman authorities. He is sent to Herod, governor of Judah as his crimes were seen as a "jewish problem"; after remaining silent in the presence of Herod; Jesus Christ is sent back to Pilot of Roman rule.

- Wednesday morning, after dawn (daylight portion of the 14th of Abib): Jesus Christ is tried before Pilot, found innocent, but due to the need to "keep the peace" pilot offered an alternate criminal for capitol punishment in Jesus's stead. The crowd chose to kill Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ was stripped, and beaten with cat-tail whips to the point of unrecognizability. He is then forced to bare his stake/pole (NOT A CROSS) to the location of his eventual death, with the help of some friends along the way.

-Wednesday afternoon, around 3pm during the daylight portion of the 14th of Abib: Jesus Christ is nailed to the stake/pole by a single 9 inch nail through both writs high above his head, and a second 9 inch nail through both ankles below. As sundown was approaching the Jewish slaves running the execution were concerned they would still be "working" as the 15th of Abib began. The 15th of Abib is the first High Holy Day of the religious year, no Jew is allowed to work on High Holy Days; to save time a guard pierced the side of Jesus Christ's body spilling His blood to the Earth, this mode of death was required to fulfill his role as Passover Lamb, whose blood was shed for the forgiveness of sin; if he died like 99% of all those nailed to a pole were (suffocation) he would NOT be the perfect son of God who fulfilled all things!

-Wednesday evening, around 6pm as the sun was about to set ending the 14th of Abib: Jesus Christ's dead body is placed in the tomb. During the entirety of the 14th of Abib (Passover) Jesus Christ fulfilled his role as the Passover Sacrifice for mankind from God, without the Passover sacrifice, no forgiveness of sin is possible past present or future. Jesus Christ died on a Wednesday, not a Friday; the preparation day spoken of in scripture was not preparation for the weekly Saturday Sabbath, but the First Annual High Holy Day of unleavened Bread, both are called "Sabbaths".

- Thursday evening, around 6pm as the sun was about to set ending the 15th of Abib: 1 day and 1 night have past.
- Friday evening, around 6pm as the sun was about to set ending the 16th of Abib: 2 days and 2 nights have past.

- Saturday evening, around 6pm as the sun was about to set ending the 17th of Abib: 3 days and 3 nights have past. Jesus Christ was resurrected/transformed from physical and dead to an eternal spiritual being alive forever. He resurrected Saturday evening (On the weekly Sabbath within the two High Holy Sabbaths of Unleavened Bread) and NOT Sunday morning.

- Sunday morning (what the world calls Easter Sunday), around 7am as the sun was raising beginning the daylight portion of the 18th of Abib (day of the waif sheaf offering). An angel meets the 2 Mary's and tells them Jesus Christ has ALREADY RISEN (the previous evening). A little bit later Jesus Christ himself appears in spiritual form, but says "do not touch me, for I have not yet been accepted by the Father" - John 20:17. During the ceremony of the waif sheaf offering the Jewish High Priest would offer up the "first of the first-fruits" of the spring harvest (a bushel of wheat), no bread could be made of the fresh harvest until the "first of the first-fruits" was "accepted" by Almighty God. "But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the first-fruit of those who have fallen asleep." - 1 Cor 15:20.. During the actual Day of the Waif Sheaf Offering (Sunday after the Sabbath within the 2 Sabbaths), Jesus Christ was actually being "offered up" as the "first of the first-fruits" of salvation and was waiting to be "accepted" by God as the perfect fulfillment! Notice later on, the same day (Sunday) Jesus Christ asks the apostles to "Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me (touch me), and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have." Luke 24:39. Jesus Christ was "accepted" by Almighty God as the "first of the first-fruits" of salvation on the actual Day of the Waif Sheaf Offering, that is why later on they can touch him, but at first they could not!

In this awesome and beautiful correct timeline of events, one can joyfully see that Jesus Christ fulfilled the entirety of the Passover Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the World during the 24 hours of Passover (14th of Abib)!

He also fulfilled the entirety of the role as the Waif Sheaf Offering as the First of the First-Fruits of salvation on the Day of the Waif Sheaf Offering!

One final thing on this post correcting the facilities in modern Christian doctrine regarding "Good Friday" or "Easter Sunday".

"Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee.

But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:

For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.." Matt 12:38-40

If you adhere to an incorrect "Good Friday" death and an incorrect "Easter Sunday" resurrection, you deny the ONLY PROOF JESUS CHRIST GAVE THE WORLD THAT HE IS THE SON OF MAN! He must be dead (no life in him) and in the Earth (tomb) for 3 days and 3 nights (72 hours exactly) no more, no less.

To have faith in something proven false by the words of Jesus Christ himself, would render him a liar in the mind of one claiming to follow where ever he leads.

PS I will leave out the false origin of the Easter traditions for the most part, as to add the pagan confusion to this powerful post would cloud the truth. I will summarize it as thus; all symbolism used in modern christian keeping of Easter are pagan, they include: Sunrise services (sun god worship), the Sun (sun god worship), the Cross (sun god worship), Eggs (fertility goddess worship), Bunnies (fertility goddess worship), Chocolate (aphrodisiac aiding in the fertility orgies), Fish on Friday (Freya's day, fertility goddess) etc.

God Bless,
edit on 23-4-2014 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElohimJD
I will leave out the false origin of the Easter traditions for the most part, as to add the pagan confusion to this powerful post would cloud the truth. I will summarize it as thus; all symbolism used in modern christian keeping of Easter are pagan, they include: Sunrise services (sun god worship), the Sun (sun god worship), the Cross (sun god worship), Eggs (fertility goddess worship), Bunnies (fertility goddess worship), Chocolate (aphrodisiac aiding in the fertility orgies), Fish on Friday (Freya's day, fertility goddess) etc.
God Bless,
You say that like it's a bad thing.
I don't think those origins can be considered false as they are derived from sources that pre-date the bible. Should I suppose that whole resurrection/rebirth/spring thing is just one big coincidence?
It's OK if Christians didn't think of it first. It doesn't diminish the universality of the message. I mean, you don't reject the flood because the Babylonians reported it first, right?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: ElohimJD
I will leave out the false origin of the Easter traditions for the most part, as to add the pagan confusion to this powerful post would cloud the truth. I will summarize it as thus; all symbolism used in modern christian keeping of Easter are pagan, they include: Sunrise services (sun god worship), the Sun (sun god worship), the Cross (sun god worship), Eggs (fertility goddess worship), Bunnies (fertility goddess worship), Chocolate (aphrodisiac aiding in the fertility orgies), Fish on Friday (Freya's day, fertility goddess) etc.
God Bless,
You say that like it's a bad thing.
I don't think those origins can be considered false as they are derived from sources that pre-date the bible. Should I suppose that whole resurrection/rebirth/spring thing is just one big coincidence?
It's OK if Christians didn't think of it first. It doesn't diminish the universality of the message. I mean, you don't reject the flood because the Babylonians reported it first, right?

They are pagan origins, not false origins; they are only called false when one claims them to be from Almighty God's command.

It is not coincidence either, you would be in error to think such; there is a reason for the universal acceptance of false doctrine.

Global flood effected all life, there are echos of global flood myths in all corners of the Earth; I care not which document pre-dated the other (Epic of Gilgamesh or Genesis), although I have evidence that the historical dating of the epic is terribly inaccurate, that point is for another thread I'm afraid.

God Bless,

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You are so right! I have let go of all the trappings of Easter (and all holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, really) and this past Sunday morning, I woke up and wished my husband a "Happy Zombie Jesus Day!" I mean, someone who dies one day and then comes alive again another day is either a vampire or a zombie. And he went into the sunlight after he rose up, so I figure he was a zombie.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

So is Christmas. It Stems from selebration of the Pegan Sun God Mithra. And Jesus, if he did exist, wasn't born on December 25 or even that year, 1 BC. Most scholars believe he was born 6 to 4 BC. Why do they say this? I have no Idea. I'm just repeating what I read somewhere.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
Still...I don't have a problem with festive seasons, and scheduling time to be nice. Sometimes we need to be reminded to slow down and appreciate life. Doesn't matter who came up with it first.

Well...it doesn't seem to want to embed, so here's Plan B:
www.youtube.com...
edit on 23-4-2014 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Yes me too. I didn't spend a dime on anything easter related, but it is easier to get away with that practice for easter. Try not spending any money in December for Christmas, it's MUCH harder.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
edit on 4/27/2014 by paxnatus because: mistake

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: iSomeoneI am sorry but you are so wrong! Whether or not BuzzyWigs believes in any of this, she nailed it!! You are preaching things that are inherently wrong about who Christ is! To say we shun people whom do not hold the belief of Christians is ludicrous!! That is NOT what the Gospel teaches. Who are you to judge the heart of man? Who are you to condemn the heart of man? You or I are not God! Only God can see our hearts!

Here is another fallacy! It does not matter about your kind deeds or good works. One cannot earn his way to heaven nor can he lose his Salvation by something he does!

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
That is it! A free Gift from God!

Be very careful, for you may have misled many on here!

Pax

biblegateway

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I never said "we shun" people who do not serve God. That would be untrue to scripture, for even Jesus sent his followers to the world to preach and teach as illuminators in amdist a wicked and twisted generation:

(Philippians 2:15) 15 that YOU may come to be blameless and innocent, children of God without a blemish in among a crooked and twisted generation, among whom YOU are shining as illuminators in the world,

A true Christian behaves as did the Psalmist:

(Psalm 26:4, 5) 4 I have not sat with men of untruth; And with those who hide what they are I do not come in.  5 I have hated the congregation of evildoers, And with the wicked ones I do not sit.

The scripture you quoted in John 3:16 is a beautiful passage. Jesus came to give his life for sinners, everyone, who would exercise faith in him. Notice, while "we", who worship the true God Jehovah, were in the world, and did the things and desires of the world, we were children of wrath just as the rest also are. But when we came to serve the living God and put our faith in Jesus' ransom sacrifice, we came to love him. Not that we loved him first, for before we knew him, he showed his love to us by giving his son:

(1 John 4:9, 10) . . .By this the love of God was made manifest in our case, because God sent forth his only-begotten Son into the world that we might gain life through him. 10 The love is in this respect, not that we have loved God, but that he loved us and sent forth his Son as a propitiatory sacrifice for our sins.

That love is manifest by "exercising faith" in Jesus' ransom sacrifice. We are friends with people who are friends of God and love Jehovah. We love everyone, and because of that, a true Christian preaches and teaches the good news of truth to everyone, without discrimination knowing that anyone who fears God and is righteous is acceptable to him, no matter what background they come from:

(Acts 10:34, 35) . . .At this Peter opened his mouth and said: “For a certainty I perceive that God is not partial, 35 but in every nation the man that fears him and works righteousness is acceptable to him.

It would be unwise to associate with people that did not love Jehovah or have the values that God holds dear. So while we do not shun the world in any means, we do not make friendship with the world:

(James 4:4) Adulteresses, do YOU not know that the friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever, therefore, wants to be a friend of the world is constituting himself an enemy of God.

Note, that what I opinion matters nothing. But what God says in the Bible is what counts. I am of no consequence in this regard.
edit on 28-4-2014 by iSomeone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Uh...erm, yes, mmhmm....you did.

Do you want me to insert a link to that post?
I'll try, but I'm having trouble loading pages and so forth.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join