It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Mom Claims US Border Patrol Threatened Her With A Knife And Taser

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Okay, I did several searches on this since it's a couple weeks old and was surprised when I didn't find anything.
If I missed it and it's a duplicate thread, I apologize

This actually took place On May 21, 2013 when Clarisa Christiansen was driving home with her 7 yr. old daughter and 5 yr. old son after picking them up from elementary school when she got stopped by Border Patrol Agents

April 2, 2014

An Arizona woman says U.S. Border Patrol agents threatened her with a Taser and knife after she demanded to know why she was stopped, according to a new video from the ACLU.

Clarisa Christiansen, a U.S. citizen, says three U.S. agents stopped her on a backcountry road 40 miles north of the U.S.-Mexico border in Arizona. When Christiansen refused to exit until the agents could provide a reason for wanting to search her car, one agent allegedly threatened to use a Taser on her.

"He opens up my door and he says, 'Ma'am, do I need to tase you to get you out of your vehicle?'" Chistiansen recounts. "I was like, 'No, you don't need to do that. You're acting ridiculous. Why did you even pull me over?'"

An agent then allegedly pulled out a knife and threatened to cut Christiansen's seatbelt before taking her keys out of the ignition. Fearing for her own safety, Christiansen then exited the car.

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

She even claims that they slashed her tire

Here's a video of her explaining what happened, although no actual footage of what occurred

www.aclu.org...

Christiansen, along with several others, are currently petitioning the Department of Homeland Security to investigate so-called "unlawful roving patrol stops"

Sadly, allegations of corrupt Border Patrol agents are nothing new

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re:Complaint and request for investigation of unlawful roving patrol stops by U.S. Border Patrol in southern Arizona including unlawful search and seizure, racial profiling, trespassing, excessive force, and destruction of personal property
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit on 20-4-2014 by snarky412 because: add link

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
She's lucky her kids didn't "point a weapon" at the cops. Illegal stops day in and day out, atleast her and everyone in her car made it out alive. She's luckier than she knows.

join