It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you changed since you've come to ATS?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Hi, i have been writing observations on this website since 2009 and i have almost 450 thread topics. Most of these topics are personal observations and if you start with the first and finish the last you can watch the evolution of thought.

My question to you is, have you grown and evolved since youve been coming to this site?

What topic has intrigued and changed you the most?

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Honestly I think I have become dumber. If I had never come to sites like this I wouldn't be so aware of the worlds problems. But even though as a collective I'm sure there are 10,000 people on here and not a damn one of us has done anything big to change any of it and I'm sure there is an immense volume of intelligence on this site. Talking about your problems doesn't get results.

But maybe that is how it is suppose to work. Society broken down into groups squabbling over there personal views of how things should work but none of them strong enough to really change anything.
edit on 20-4-2014 by marbles87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Not only changed, but washed as well!

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: marbles87

Sure does get people working together though doesnt it?

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: marbles87

I have pursued intelligence in many places.

The military

The oil field

The Internet

The school

The life

The marriage

At the end of the day, I've found intelligence in all of these places and yet, I'm still longing...

This site has been therapeutic in that I have met folks from the deep ends, but for the most part, they are humorous, intelligent, humble, skeptical and willing to explore ideas.

This is the definition of growth!

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Uhhh no. When has a alternative news group ever got anything in the history books.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I've learned to make and wear, high fashion tin foil hats....

Des

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

OMG! This is the best post EVER for these types of sites, and yet...

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Actually, I have become more skeptical. I came here pretty open to conspiracies, supernatural, aliens, etc...and figured this was the best place to get the best information on any said topics...and it is, don't get me wrong. ATS is leagues above pretty much any other place I checked online...
And I found the research done is often lacking, the people putting forth fairly outlandish claims often boil it down to they know some super truth that is backed by nothing significant and if anyone disagrees, they are sheep, etc.

So, I have grown far more skeptical in regards to accepting claims..which is a good thing I think. Skepticism allows you to filter out a whole bunch of crap and by that process, uncover the few actual gems...

So, cheers ATS.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I don't know if I've grown into a certain topic the most. I'd have to think about it. But what I like about ATS is that things like skunkworks help you to think a little bit more critically. My first thread was put into skunkworks, and that really trained me to not talk out of my blank, or else I would make myself suffer the consequences. And so on. I feel like each forum topic is like an aid to understand yourself better. And I really feel that talking to other people about what's on your mind helps you work through your stuff. That's how I feel I've grown, and I'm certain that others have had a similar experience.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   

I haven't changed, still the same person with the same core beliefs I held prior to finding ATS. What has changed is discovering new topics, ideas and perspectives.

This has opened a whole new way of looking at the world. My favorite part of ATS is reading about how other people see the world.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Funny!

I came here a complete skeptic, with the opinion that anyone on this site generally wears Grade-A aluminum on their noggin. I've found logic, reason, references, humor, faith, and skepticism. Long live ATS!

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
My question to you is, have you grown and evolved since youve been coming to this site?

What topic has intrigued and changed you the most?

Yes I have grown & evolved. When I first started seeing my boyfriend three years ago, he started to tell me about the topics that are on ATS, (aliens, government behind financial collapse/bailout, etc) & I thought he was crazy at first. Then I decided to check out ATS & do a little research myself. To my shock, the world was crazy, not my boyfriend.

Since then I come to ATS for news updates but I love checking out Ancient Civilization info. I was always big into the subject and ATS is just amazing for providing wonderful subject material. Slayer69 has taught me a lot about ancient civilizations because of his posts. My opinion on our ancestors have changed dramatically, I didn't know how intelligent they were. Plus some of the curious things that they did.

I'm glad this site exists, yes there is some odd balls but there is truth out there too, just like real life

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I have not changed since I joined ATS, I am still wearing the same grey hoodie and pants as I was wearing a couple of hours ago when I signed up

I dont expect any change until at least this afternoon, but its Sunday and I might just stay like this all day

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I would have to say, the Jesse Ventura pic is still creeping me out! And also, yes. I have learned about things and people I didn't know anything about before. Also, that ATS works better with IE than Chrome. Also, if I'm having a down day, I can log on here and almost INSTANTLY find out that there is someone , somewhere in the world that is ACTUALLY having a bad day, and I need to get some perspective. Another thing? It provides me an insight into how people of other nationalities, faiths, political beliefs etc see the World. I've learned that there are some INCREDIBLY smart an perceptive people out there, and I'm thankfull for being able to see what they're "thinking" at. I have discovered that I don't type nearly as well as I used to! I have discovered that there are some really great artists floating around on this site, people who create not only with spoken word, but with paint, or pencil, or pastel. Yeah. ATS is like that I guess. I know, at least in my case, it can help me out when my PTSD starts gaining control. But ENOUGH with the Jesse Ventura already !

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   

I quit caring.

edit on 20-4-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   

I have changed for sure.
I came here after a friend and I saw a ufo and I started looking online about it.
Now because of the asshats who post rocks posing as alien life and the asshats who post bugs,planes or helicopter lights...I am more cynical and pissed off.
I came here being serious...now I know to take the members with a HUUUUGE grain of salt.
Love the site....the members not so much.

In the beginning,I couldn't wait to log in,in the morning....now I log in to see what the children are doing today.

I agree with the poster above me.
I quit caring too.

edit on 20-4-2014 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

lol... you have been on the UFO end and I the political.

But wow, I honestly get you.. It's like insanity hit some whole new level.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

This is what pisses me off. (post by golantrevize)
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Look at the idiocy and the stars dolled out.
Ooooooohhh his nose is shaped like a triangle....must be illuminati.

Major fail.
This place is a nursery and the mods are just babysitters.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

I agree. Here is this post: www.abovetopsecret.com... arguing in favor of using women for human shields... seriously, in this country.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join