It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bundy Ranch exposes America's political lunacy!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
The guy only has 160 acres and a huge herd. His business is built in-part on grazing his cattle for free on someone else's land. He is a business that is using Federal (Your) land for free.

Other people that have joined his cause and "come to his defence" have different agendas, that much is true. Many of their beefs are legitimate and need to be addressed. And there is so much bloody wrong with the Federal Government.

People have been donating money ($2000 so far) to Bundy to pay his overdue grazing bill that he has no intention of paying. A rich businessman is getting donations from everyday people because he has manipulated the media into coming off as the "poor little ole' rancher up against the nasty government". What a joke.

Follow the money.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph
What I never understood was how the American people didn't bat an eyelash when their government handed over 7+ trillion in taxpayer dollars to a bunch of bankers and plutocrats but were locked and loaded for some rancher in nevada who didn't cross all his T's and dot all his i's. Perplexing.

because, thats just abstract numbers.

Tax dollars taken and given, its an abstract concept for too many...

But Taking direct action against a citizen in such a manner to do it, NOW the reality begins to set in.

Almost wana call it stealth austerity...
edit on 20-4-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: learnatic

originally posted by: amazing
So the Bundy Ranch thing really exposed the American political lunacy to perfection.

Most people that you would talk to don't understand the underlying issue of land use, grazing rights, the legal battle etc. And really none of that is important.

The issue was that the BLM/Federal Government used heavy handed law enforcement policies and people don't like it ...from deploying snipers, being heavily armed, throwing women to the ground etc. The same thing happened with the Occupy movement and protests and are happening in Albuquerque. The issue is that America is becoming a police state and we don't like those bully tactics and our police officers kill/attack first protect the peace second.

Now you have most left wing publications calling this a right wing militia fanatical movement that is laughable. you have Harry Reid calling these people domestic terrorists and we have ample evidence of how heavily armed these BLM thugs were. I can't even stand it. On most issues, I do lean toward the left but not on standing up to police brutality. I think the militia should have gone there and I think it was the right thing to do. But the media is twisting this around. The left wing media! They are making me sick. .

That's our lunacy. That we will be forever divided, no matter what happens. Police brutality and standing up against the police state should be a left and right issue that can bring this country together for some real change but...nope.

This makes me sick,

When will we actually grow up and see that we are being played for fools?

I agree with you. Just one thing I find rather odd with Americans (of which I am not) is that Americans talk about left and right when to my way of thinking and observations over many decades, both of your political parties are on the same side of the fence which is the right. IMO America does not have a left wing political party and never has.

cheers

that's a good point. They are both right...only one is religious and the other is not. They both play the same game and they both support the Oligarchy that America has become. We need a true ---right and a true left and have neither.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
But see, you guys are playing the "bundy is a welfare queen" card and not seeing the real issue. You're not seeing why the "right" is up in arms about it. You're looking at the wrong thing. You're not looking at the overhanded BLM thugs and why people got mad. I'm almost certain that most people protesting there and the militias don't understand any of the underlying issues. They're not supporting his right to graze for free or any of that other crap. Not really. They are standing up to the police state. that's the issue.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
More of the same, just politics as usual. Always has been and always will be. What else is new?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join