It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS >>> --- Tax Court Denies Attorney-Client Privilege

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
The legal system has gone through many changes that have manipulated lots of things to the advantage of prosecution and systematically eroded individual rights.

A recent case in the Tax Court has catapulted that to new levels.

It seems that even the cherished Attorney-Client Privilege is now in jeopardy.

Very Very Dangerous here.

Another giant step for the Authoritarian/Totalitarian agenda.

Is there a Lawyer in the house ?

....... in a United States Tax Court decision announced on Wednesday, the court dismissed attorney client privilege, stating that:

"When a person puts into issue his subjective intent in deciding how to comply with the law, he may forfeit the privilege afforded attorney-client communications."

In other words, if a person works with legal counsel within the confines of the tax code to legitimately minimize the amount of taxes owed, that communication is no longer protected by attorney-client privilege.

Furthermore, the ruling states that if the individuals do not submit attorney-client documentation as required, then the court would prohibit them from introducing any evidence to demonstrate their innocence.

The Next Shoe Just Dropped: Court Denies Attorney-Client Privilege

link to Tax Court case

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Holy Moly! That's almost as bad as aking the court's to produce the statute that says the government has the AUTHORITY to make you pay income tax. As I understand it, if you do that, they just slap you with contempt and lock you away until your ready to "cooperate"! The IRS. And they say Genghis Khan was ruthless! Glad I'm poor! I'm not a "Constitutional Scholar" but I 'm pretty sure the document states "debtors prison" and "indentured servitude" are NOT ALLOWED. But then again, when you live in a country where all you need to create a law is a pen and a phone, I'm not surprised! The feral government have brought us marvels of beaurocracy, the IRS, The VA, ATF, DHS, USFS, PelosiCare, and the biggest, most USELESS one of them all? The Supreme Court. When it comes to "buying" judges, you can't top the Executive and Legislative branches, the crap they pull manipulating "the law" would make ANY Godfather rife with envy !

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This is what happens when you live in a police state.
(I really should put this in my signature, since I've been saying it a lot!)

I can imagine that "innocent until proven guilty" is also gone, since conversation between client and lawyer is now a thing of the past.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

It's just more "churn" to show us how mighty the feral government really is. And innocent until proven guilty? GONE. Disappeared the day the ink dried on the Patriot Act! But there is an upside. It's getting to the point now that the feral government can no longer hide the cancer that it has become. And when people finally get to the point were they've had enough? We borrow his majesty's "reset" button, and call the Constitutional Congress, clean house, and go back to living in a country based on the "rule of law". My first suggestion to the congress would be, BAN lawyers from holding public office!
To me, having a lawyer for president is like having a crack addict for a pharmacist. Truthfully, I feel more comfortable trusting the crack addict !

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I can imagine that "innocent until proven guilty" is also gone, since conversation between client and lawyer is now a thing of the past.

Innocent until proven guilty has been long gone when it comes to tax court. You have to prove that you don't owe what the IRS says you owe. Also long gone is the right to trial by jury. The IRS definately doesn't want to have to convince a jury to win a case. You would see a lot of jury nullification there.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

originally posted by: beezzer

Innocent until proven guilty has been long gone when it comes to tax court. You have to prove that you don't owe what the IRS says you owe. Also long gone is the right to trial by jury. The IRS definately doesn't want to have to convince a jury to win a case. You would see a lot of jury nullification there.

The last thing the IRS wants is its merit to be judged by the People.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I just wonder if this (as a precedent) could bleed over into our
criminal justice system. I'm not a lawyer but it seems relevant enough
to worry about.

If so, we have habeas corpus thrown out, attorney client privilege
denied, indefinite detention without charges, and restless founding fathers
who can't find a comfortable position in their graves.

And no way to fix it. It's the incremental process, like the gear turning
on the rack, latching into place.

You can cry out as much as you like--the boa constrictor appreciates
your efforts, for with each breath his hold tightens.

Sorry for all the metaphor but we've stepped into the quicksand,
unaware and distracted by a bedazzled media and bright shiny
consumer objects.

control-alt delete....control-alt-delete...damnit, I forgot that doesn't
work anymore...

top topics

join