It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did an MIT physicist record proof of the paranormal?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
a reply to: JohnPhoenix
--
I wonder though, are their different kinds of UV cameras? Like builds and power adjustment?

Maybe knockoffs can't capture what a high end can? perhaps with some more tweaking and adjustments made...

I'd suggest a system put together to certain specs like this fellow did by hand should produce the same results. We need the exact specs that make this work and either prove or disprove this by duplication - it should be that easy. I wonder if this fellow is forthcoming on this issue.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Thanks for the video link, I watch the whole thing, sort of like these types of shows.
I wasn't impressed with the partition falling, Things fall all the time and if a partition wall isn't connect eventually it will fall.
The broom also if there is any air movement do to air conditioning or ventilation and the broom is set where gravity could make it slide it will slide.

The chair turning, this is a fault in the hydraulics of the chair. I know for a fact because I had a chair at work that did the same thing. no ghost just a faulty chair.

I also thought it was strange that they guy had thing set up exactly in the same location like the chair in the same location and the things on his desk.

something not right

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

a reply to: MrMaybeNot

--

Care to explain how it was killed? I'm sorry, are you some kind of authority on the issue?

The 'ghost sound' is a Sony Sound Series Sampler sound. That means the sound was 100% faked. That means the whole thing is 100% fake. That means it was killed. If you care to debunk his assertion of the sound go for it, it was already confirmed. This is a hoax.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

--

Care to explain how it was killed? I'm sorry, are you some kind of authority on the issue?

The 'ghost sound' is a Sony Sound Series Sampler sound. That means the sound was 100% faked. That means the whole thing is 100% fake. That means it was killed. If you care to debunk his assertion of the sound go for it, it was already confirmed. This is a hoax.

The burden of proof isn't on him. It's on those of you who claim the sound is 100% proof of a hoax.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

--
Care to explain how it was killed? I'm sorry, are you some kind of authority on the issue? You do this for a living? What is it you know that renders this thread obsolete? for the sake of one sound, that you didn't even provide provide a sample of, nevermind providing your opinion on the this particular case involving specific cameras to capture images that operate on different wavelenghts.

So tell me, EXPERT. whats up?

As far as I'm concerned, this is of real interest and the thread will stay very much alive.

Really no point in being aggressive, I'm really not the kind to brag or discredit others if you look at my post history. I understand that with the internet these days its important to back claims. Another member concurred about it being a stock sound. The sound library is on 6 dvd and I didn't feel like going through it, but after digging 2 or 3 minutes I found this one, which is a copy and sounds the same. It's not a tiger though but a cougar.

peace now

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

--

The burden of proof isn't on him. It's on those of you who claim the sound is 100% proof of a hoax.

Actually it's not. Had he said I have heard this sound so it's a hoax ... then I would agree, that is not enough. It was pointed out exactly where the sound file came from, that is "proof", and all the proof that can be given in this medium. If someone wishes to ignore the evidence, then that is on them. If you wish to ignore evidence then any evidence can be ignored, so no evidence is valid under your criteria, none at all, and at this point you are simply believing what you want to belief and it has nothing to do with evidence.

These shows basically always simply lie. I have watched them and on the occasions I know the stories they talk about they flat out lie non stop every time.
edit on 20-4-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrMaybeNot

--
Care to explain how it was killed? I'm sorry, are you some kind of authority on the issue? You do this for a living? What is it you know that renders this thread obsolete? for the sake of one sound, that you didn't even provide provide a sample of, nevermind providing your opinion on the this particular case involving specific cameras to capture images that operate on different wavelenghts.

So tell me, EXPERT. whats up?

As far as I'm concerned, this is of real interest and the thread will stay very much alive.

Another member concurred about it being a stock sound. The sound library is on 6 dvd and I didn't feel like going through it, but after digging 2 or 3 minutes I found this one, which is a copy and sounds the same. It's not a tiger though but a cougar.

Its cool you were able to provide a link to similar animal sounds. I agree it sounds like a tiger, cougar etc with pitch way up and lows removed. It even sounds like the bpm' swerve both increased and decreased in that short clip. Personally the easiest way would be to reverse engineer the sound from the audio file. I'd be able to do it with Serrato and my turntables but its 4am and my little ones asleep.

OP: there were comments made by the priest that caught my attention because I thought he was using buzz words to draw in the audience. Further, I'd say there are better examples demonic situations than those offered in the vid. I am fascinated with the idea of fallen watchers being stuck in some inner dimension recently so this ties in. Most who know me know I don't subscribe to your textbook angels and demons paradigm but I recognize energy (a living energy) all around me often, and although I'm spiritually aware I'm not exactly a practitioner of anything. That said, a couple months ago I felt the negative influences surrounding me in my house was so obvious i resorted to burning sage throuout my house and asking whatever it was to find itself a better place for the betterment of all parties involved. I think its still here just doesn't seem so obvious anymore.

I posted on a thread some time ago about this object that I don't recognize. It's like a pin with a rounded tip and the other side like a double headed tack, I don't know. Well it was on my carpet in front of the couch and I pick it up and examine it. I set it down on my table for awhile and when I went to clean up, I picked it up and threw it away. A couple days later it was on my carpet again and I thought it was strange but my first thought was it was just another one.....whatever it was. I throw it away and the next day it was back, no #. This happened at least 4 times and to this day i keep an eye out for it expecting to see it again.

Don't figure, I was going to post the pic of the object and it's not in my uploads nor is it on my ipad anymore, figures. Either I'm crazy or I'm being messed with haha. Let me check my old posts and see if I can find it, I'd be interested to know if it could be identified.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

That's awesome, maybe after the happening happens ghost activity will get worse and I can be the head representative of my new ghostbusting empire. I'd be perfect for it because ghosts must be afraid of me, I've never had the slightest ghost-paranormal experience.

Also is there any way for history channel type guys to scan the footage to see if it's legitimate?

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Just because a camera is set up and then something appears to fall down on its own is proof of nothing. You have to take the word of the producers that they were telling the truth and that they did not have any kind of remote controlled device that would, on cue, knock something over (or one of many other methods). Even a high def camera with a better angle still wouldn't be proof because of editing capabilities. It would be cool...but I would pick truth over cool any day.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I just watched the 'running man' in the stadium video. This happened during a live transmission and had nothing to do with the game.
I liked that footage because it is at odds with everything during a sports program and had individuals as witnesses.

Then I get a clip from a TV program. I watched it and wasn't impressed. All of it can be faked. There is nothing at all that screams 'evidence'.
Programs like this HAVE to have something happen or nobody would watch them. It's as simple as that. TV is entertainment, they have all the right to fake whatever they like to increase the viewer's numbers. It is their only goal.

TV is ruthless and doesn't have your best interests at heart, my husband and I have been on shows and so has my sister in law here in the UK and you won't believe the way they cut the footage to make it look like whatever they want.
With complete disregard to what actually happened.

I can see when people get amazed by things like the sports stadium footage or even the little 'alien' on the trail camera but when it comes to TV you basically can not believe anything you see, as much as you'd like to and as much as they tell you it is real and the guy is a physicist and all that malarkey.

This footage can not be used as evidence...ever...because...TV!

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Wow! Talk about PR evangelistic spin for religion! Such utter nonsense these programs peddle to recruit acolytes as soldiers of God fighting the good fight.

Warnings of meddling in the paranormal will surely get you a demonic infestation, but just in case you never experience it, we've sponsored these programs of made up cases, which we over-hype and sensationalise for your entertainment, and for the good safekeeping of your soul. Please fear the myth of the devil and demons and come to us for we will fight these imaginary entities on your behalf, hey...you can even join our church!

What a nice little cottage industry this is. Straw men set ups to pander to the insecure American mind.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Actually it is.

Prove it's the same sound and I will gladly volunteer the thread to the hoax bin.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: On7a7higher7plane

That's awesome, maybe after the happening happens ghost activity will get worse and I can be the head representative of my new ghostbusting empire. I'd be perfect for it because ghosts must be afraid of me, I've never had the slightest ghost-paranormal experience.

Also is there any way for history channel type guys to scan the footage to see if it's legitimate?

Lots of people go their entire lives without having certain experiences. What makes you so sure that you are fully aware of all aspects of reality? Did a textbook tell you so? Was that textbook full of all knowledge even 100 years ago?
edit on 20-4-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

Not entirely sure why you are taking the religious angle on this one, but ok. Does it upset you in some way more than it would if it were presented in a non-religious way? Why? Did you realize that the particular case in question wasn't actually presented as demonic at all?

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
i found a video, this bloke is trying everything to catch ghosts, demons and whats not. in one video he's trying to get a certain demon up, can't remember its name but its got a few legs, anyway, he didn't think he got anything but someone points out he did get something at the top of the video you can see some legs going across. its really weird cus the video is really long and he must have gone through it with a fine tooth comb!

i'l find it and post it here.

i've seen the factory video one before, thing is, so many people fake videos of ghosts and ufo you just don't know whats real or fake!

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

What are you on about? Ghosts are afraid of me, when I enter old rooms the walls crack. I blame the ghosts. Other than that I've never had a ghost related paranormal experience.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I find it odd that a partition panel would not be bolted to the rest of the partition. The way it's balanced in the vid, a breath of air could knock it over. The objects moving on the desk look as though they are being controlled by a magnet under neath the desk . Movement was very jerky, not fluid and they have a look as though the ends of the object are the fulcrum point. Maybe an alcoholic ghost with the shakes IDK?

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Apparently dowsing can attract evil spirits into your home.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Actually it is.

Prove it's the same sound and I will gladly volunteer the thread to the hoax bin.

Wait... you were willing to just accept the word of someone trying to sell you something, but when someone clearly demonstrates that the sound was fake then you need more proof?

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wallydraigle

Actually it is.

Wait... you were willing to just accept the word of someone trying to sell you something, but when someone clearly demonstrates that the sound was fake then you need more proof?

Who is trying to sell me something? I didn't notice anyone asking for money?

Edit to add: That is the problem. He made a claim, but didn't demonstrate anything.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join