It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did an MIT physicist record proof of the paranormal?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
So last night I was up late watching various spooky things on youtube when I came across a discovery channel special on "demonic infestation". I was pretty surprised at some of the footage captured in one of the cases presented. I had seen the footage of the chair moving on the internet awhile back, but not the rest of the footage you will see below:

scroll to exactly the 18 minute mark, and you will see the case of a physicist who claims he rented out a haunted building and captured proof of the haunting on video. The really interesting footage that he captured imo, was captured via a special camera which shows other wavelengths of light not visible to the naked eye. They clearly show an energy field that manifests during poltergeist activity, while a second camera captures the object itself on a table being moved on it's own.

Here is a screen cap of what I mean:

Check it out and let me know what you think. The only way I could see this being explained away is to suggest the individual who recorded the footage faked it, but I can't for the life of me think of a reason why a scientist would put his reputation and livelihood at risk by doing so.

edit on 19-4-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I stopped watching at around 20:10 when they show the camera recorded footage contains a tiger roar pitched up. These shows are pure entertainment. Why would a scientist say such thing on TV? Money. And whatever you say on TV is nothing but TV... who cares. These shows have special fx teams.
edit on 19-4-2014 by MrMaybeNot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I swear this case was featured on Ghost Hunters. I remember them fooling around with the cubicles and chairs trying to debunk. I looked for the video of their conclusion but couldn't find it.

Apparently ghosts in factories are common?

edit on 4/19/2014 by TiedDestructor because: Ghosts duh

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrMaybeNot
I stopped watching at around 20:10 when they show the camera recorded footage contains a tiger roar pitched up. These shows are pure entertainment.

I've heard that exact roar. Exact...

EDIT: Not ghostly but as a sound byte.

edit on 4/19/2014 by TiedDestructor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I stopped watching at around 20:10 when they show the camera recorded footage contains a tiger roar pitched up. These shows are pure entertainment.

So you didn't even bother watching the footage because you assumed the sounds were faked? Thanks for stopping by I guess?

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiedDestructor

I have the specific wav file on my computer and it comes from Sony Sound Series Sampler its used in tons of movies / media industry.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MrMaybeNot

Confirmation

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

So you didn't even bother watching the footage because you assumed the sounds were faked? Thanks for stopping by I guess?

I really know it sucks to make a thread and someone kills it in a few instant, happened to me. This sound did it for me... You're free to believe though

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Regardless of what the other 2 posters may say about sound, the video clearly shows whats up.
Shows on TV can't exactly be cut an dry, their has to be some flair for the audience, but other then that, I think we are seeing some real evidence of something being caught on spectrums we can't see.

So please, before you pass judgement because of a sound you heard, don't immediately assume its a fake.
Instead of disclaiming the sound, how about you provide some thoughts on the specifics of the clip?
--
Good call on this one DeadSeraph!

S&F!!

I always wondered what thrived at spectrum's we can't see. Now that we are at a level where we ca n see beyond our current means of vision, their is whole new realities to witness!
I believe that with more tweaking, we can capture the paranormal using these high tech cameras, thus putting the paranormal debate to rest.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I watched it and it was very cool.

Now if this technology exists it looks like it could take his little company into a different direction selling ghost hunting equipment.

What spectrum is this camera seeing in UV ? They should have a dual camera side by side, one with the UV and one high definition. It looks like in the video the two cameras were in diferent locations so this may cause problems.

.. Er.. although.. i thoutht UV cameras had been used before.. why is this new? No one ever got hits on UV cams before?
edit on 19-4-2014 by JohnPhoenix because: add

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
--
Care to explain how it was killed? I'm sorry, are you some kind of authority on the issue? You do this for a living? What is it you know that renders this thread obsolete? for the sake of one sound, that you didn't even provide provide a sample of, nevermind providing your opinion on the this particular case involving specific cameras to capture images that operate on different wavelenghts.

So tell me, EXPERT. whats up?

As far as I'm concerned, this is of real interest and the thread will stay very much alive.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnPhoenix
--
I wonder though, are their different kinds of UV cameras? Like builds and power adjustment?

Maybe knockoffs can't capture what a high end can? perhaps with some more tweaking and adjustments made...

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

I think that it's what humans can't see and hear catching up to them. I'm not joking.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Is anyone here familiar with NQGhostHunter's videos? He records stuff in the basement of a facility he works out. Jumping cardboard boxes and rolling fluorescent lights...there's even a phantasm that crosses the room in one video. No one has conclusively debunked the videos that I know of...just thought it was worth mentioning because he has literally dozens of videos from the basement and his house. Like a cupboard with a solid back that throw bags of flour out onto the floor, toppling bookcases, etc. Pretty cool stuff.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
So please, before you pass judgement because of a sound you heard, don't immediately assume its a fake.
Instead of disclaiming the sound, how about you provide some thoughts on the specifics of the clip?

That's just wandering straight into their domain.

1. They have complete control of and access to the media, we do not any access or control.
2. We can't make excuses for this type of thing just because its television, that path of excuses is never ending. 'Okay, they added tigers but maybe the chair moving is legit.'
3. The media simply doesn't care. People like Pen and Teller have repeatedly unmasked how easy it is to fool the media because they frankly want to be fooled. If Andy Coppock was serious, would he be on this show?
4. Andy Coppock is endorsing and selling paranormal equipment and doing the conference circuit. This is not evidence in it self of fakery, but Coppock would have to be a fool to fail to realize that he is attending events with people who are less than honest.

originally posted by: Arnie123
So tell me, EXPERT. whats up?

Please don't do that; I hate that. You wouldn't like it if someone responded to you by saying, so tell me, MORON, whats up? People with personal and professional experiences do exist on the internet you know, and not all of them agree with you.

You're asking people to waste hours of their time going through terabytes of stock audio effects basically writing a university paper to disprove some entertainment based supernatural show you've decided to give a free pass. Have some respect for other people's time please and ask yourself the question, why hasn't Coppock himself done his own due diligence? The onus is on Coppock to prove a point, not us.

You can listen to some tiger effects here. You can download your own audio software and play with the pitch settings etc ... you will find your results quite similar to the ones from the show.

If you listen to enough of them and properly look into it you will gain a little perspective (and hopefully respect) into people's thoughts on this topic.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiedDestructor

I have the specific wav file on my computer and it comes from Sony Sound Series Sampler its used in tons of movies / media industry.

I can see how you might find the sounds similar (The thought never even crossed my mind until you mentioned it), but I don't think you can just brush this off that easily.

If you could prove the two sounds are the same by perhaps matching their wave forms, I might be more inclined to consider it debunked. However, that seems like a lot of work for a physicist with a day job to go through just to set up a hoax that he didn't profit from. He'd have to not only fake the audio (which would be fairly easy to do) but bother faking the video as well.

I'm not so sure I'd say your theory closes the case that quickly (although it is a very good skeptical observation).

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity
Is anyone here familiar with NQGhostHunter's videos? He records stuff in the basement of a facility he works out. Jumping cardboard boxes and rolling fluorescent lights...there's even a phantasm that crosses the room in one video. No one has conclusively debunked the videos that I know of...just thought it was worth mentioning because he has literally dozens of videos from the basement and his house. Like a cupboard with a solid back that throw bags of flour out onto the floor, toppling bookcases, etc. Pretty cool stuff.

I'd be interested in seeing that. Have a link you could share?

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnPhoenix
I watched it and it was very cool.

Now if this technology exists it looks like it could take his little company into a different direction selling ghost hunting equipment.

What spectrum is this camera seeing in UV ? They should have a dual camera side by side, one with the UV and one high definition. It looks like in the video the two cameras were in diferent locations so this may cause problems.

.. Er.. although.. i thoutht UV cameras had been used before.. why is this new? No one ever got hits on UV cams before?

Supposedly it's ultraviolet. I've seen ghost hunting teams using full spectrum cameras recently, so it would seem the tech is becoming more accessible to paranormal investigators.

As for your comments about the company, I'd never really considered that angle before. Certainly gives the guy a motive to fake the footage.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
If you want some scientific perspectives on the paranormal... check into Dr Thelma Moss ( in the 70's was head of the UCLA parapsychology dept), Dr Berry Taff, and Kerry Gaynor. Taff is a hell of a guy to read what he has to say and his unique perspective given his education and what cases he had been involved in. He is also not a fan of the new breed of paranormal investigations. That much we have in common.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph
However, that seems like a lot of work for a physicist with a day job to go through just to set up a hoax that he didn't profit from.

Coppock is making a profit from it. The person has created equipment and has attended events etc ...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join