It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Zealand Pizzeria Uses Rabbit Pelts to Advertise Latest Dish

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
This is.... strange. It's definitely news. It's definitely out there..... and it will definitely hit the world in many many ways due to the means of advertizing this pizza place in New Zealand chose to take.

I'm mixed. In a way it's one genius idea because who would really DO this, but in another, it's rather smacking people who are anti fur/vegetarians/vegans/ etc right in their face.

Freedom of speech in advertising?
I'm not sure how to think of this. I heard rabbit is tasty but they are too cute to eat in my opinion. But did this pizza place take this way too far? I guess in NZ, eating rabbit is as common and fine as eating bacon, cow, etc., but they no doubt still have people who are not liking this too much.

www.huffingtonpost.ca...

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833

Rabbit is DELICIOUS!

Especially the domesticated ones!

I used to hunt wild ones and eat them, until I tried domesticated Rabbits!

I don't see a big issue with it! Rabbit, Cow, Chicken, Shrimp, Salmon, etc etc......different cultures eat different things!

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I want one of these restaurants over here in the USA, stat. Because of this pizza:

"Our meatiest pizza is back for good: Gourmet marinated strips of steak lashed with béarnaise sauce - Triple smoked champagne ham - Manuka smoked salami - Venison pepperoni - Manuka smoked cabanossi - Honey cured bacon.
Double: $17-50 / Snack: $8-50. Get your MEAT on!"

oh my GOD does that sound delicious! And lots of NZ vegetarians are fine with their rabbit pizza. THey won't eat it, but they also will keep shopping there because they supposedly make the best veggie pizzas to ever exist.

I seriously need me some pizza like that Lust Pizza. mmmmmmmmm.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
whats all this with these pizzathreads tonight
I only get hungry and started drinking wine and eating leftover selfmade pizza, because of browsing ATS.... at 2am in the morning

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Rabbit is DELICIOUS!

Especially the domesticated ones!

I used to hunt wild ones and eat them, until I tried domesticated Rabbits!

I don't see a big issue with it! Rabbit, Cow, Chicken, Shrimp, Salmon, etc etc......different cultures eat different things!

Now do you buy the domesticated rabbits?
Or do all the kids with rabbits in your neighborhood know not to make you mad?

I have also heard that rabbit is great, never had it my self tho

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

The only problem I have with this is that it will give PETA another platform to grandstand on and they will follow it up by doing something infinitely more stupid.
edit on 19-4-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I guess it may seem totally gross, but there ARE people who commercially buy rabbit meat. What is done with the pelts? Are they being used for clothing, burned, thrown out?...

I don't think they had hundreds of rabbits killed just for that billboard. It is extreme, but funny too. lol

But of course, vegans and PETA will go mad with this. Its just sad that the human ear doesn't hear all the plants yelling when they see they are about to get mowed, tho...
Noone cares about the plants...

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
If I lived in NZ, I'd buy one. I'd buy dozen.

As to "smacking people who are anti fur/vegetarians/vegans/ etc right in their face," they can just not stick their faces in there.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Eating things like rabbit and venison, whose populations often require controlling would solve a lot of humanities issues, financially as well as for better health.

Rabbit isn't all that nutritious apart from protein, though as a protein it has value, venison is low fat, both are tasty when cooked decently and at least here in the UK and many other places both are abundant and often culled for the sake of the environment and food chain.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
If they didn't waste the meat for eating ,I think that is okay.

new topics

top topics

join