It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atention! Tanker Spills Crude Oil on Delaware River

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Tanker Spills Crude Oil on Delaware River:
link

PHILADELPHIA - A tanker spilled 30,000 gallons of crude oil into the Delaware River between Philadelphia and southern New Jersey, creating a 12-mile-long slick that threatened fish and birds, Coast Guard officials said Saturday.

another ecological disaster...
concequences?

[edit on 27-11-2004 by jazzgul]

LL1

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Well this will ruin the
Southern New Jersey Beaches
, even south of there the spill will flow.
Poor maine life and birds...

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Does anybody know how many bird spieces are in that area? which kind?

E_T

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Two tugboats were guiding the ship to a pier Friday night when a tugboat skipper noticed the spill... The ship listed 8 degrees to the left at about the same time, he said.
The tanker, the Athos I, registered in the Mediterranean island nation of Cyprus...
Damn those single hulled rust buckets they use.
This is one the reasons I'm 100% against big money/corporations having power.

Looks like this might be tough winter so I'm wondering what kind of thin hulled rust buckets Russians have this winter to get stuck in ice on Gulf of Finland.
Couple years ago (just after Prestige) they used one single hulled rust bucket reaching their standards for tanker designed for frozen sea... reinforced from bow.
It got stuck in ice many times even before getting to harbor to take cargo. I think they used two ice-breakers to get it back to open sea.
After that equally badly "equipped" sistership retrieved cargo two times from there.

Neither are double hulled ships strong enough, especially longer ones might take dents and even ruptures to their sides if they got stuck in ice.
(althought it would take more to break both hulls)

[edit on 27-11-2004 by E_T]

top topics

join