Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart

page: 1

join

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

An Ohio couple who held hands at breakfast every morning even after 70 years of marriage have died 15 hours apart.

Helen Felumlee (FEHL'-uhm-lee) of Nashport in central Ohio died April 12. She was 92. Her husband, 91-year-old Kenneth Felumlee, died the next morning.

The couple's children say the two met as teenagers and had been inseparable since then, once sharing the bottom of a bunk bed on a ferry rather than sleeping one night apart, the Zanesville Times Recorder reported.

Relatives told the Zanesville Times Recorder that after a few years of dating the young couple snuck off to a court house in Kentucky to elope with $5 in their pocket, enough to pay the $2 marriage fee.

This is a beautiful story. I think some people come into this world meant for each other and it is a wonderful thing when they find each other and are able to share their lives.

Source

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Wow....what a touching story!!
Gave me goose bumps....

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

A wonderful, yet sad story. I can't help but wonder if the husband died of a broken heart.

But they did spend a lot of quality time together and shows that love can conquer all as long as you work at it.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

I believe he left this earth to rejoin her fast so he'd be spared that kind of broken heart pain. The love they shared for so long was no doubt SO strong and real and true that the pain of her being gone would have been ..... there are no words in any language to even minutely express the kind of pain that man would have felt. Whoever/whatever placed them on Earth to find each other allowed him the grace to pass on before he even remotely had to feel even a milisecond of the pain of separation.

What a gorgeous, beautiful gift, to be kept from that kind of pain.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

This is very touching, in the UK they used to say died of a broken heart as was on one my ancestors death cirtificuts'.
All I can say is I hope they are both young and beautiful again and happy together again, they were obviously soul mate's.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I believe it's both a beautiful, and tragic story.

It's beautiful to see that 2 people can put trivial issues aside and live a life together for so long, with the bigger picture always over ruling the day to day squabbles and pettiness.

But it's also tragic that 2 people become so reliant on each other that one cannot go on without the other. I have heard so many of these stories now of life long couples dying a short time apart, where it seems that one may of died from natural causes, yet the other died from what appears as dying from a broken heart, or losing all will to go on living. I know these aren't medical definitions, but the medical world isn't gospel either. And there are many things that occur that even science, religion or medicine still cannot explain.

It could also be a case of a couple who both believe in the next or after life, and are simply speeding up the process of meeting again because they can't stand being apart ?
Losing all will to live would be a way of possibly speeding up that process ?

If they are now both dead an buried, then that's all there is to it. If they went to another or next life, then I hope they are together and enjoying the next journey.

But on a light-hearted finish, the 70 years of marriage does go a long way to proving the saying correct of "you get less for murder" !

top topics

join