It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO - Saginaw, MI - 5:06 pm est

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: jkeyes

Well aren't you a daisy! I gave you a star buttercup. Thanks for visiting my thread.

CdT

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
If it is a bird, then it does look pretty big, like a Hawk or bird of prey. The reason a bird is suspected is the coloring and the overall look of bird wings at mid point in the height. The feet must be tucked upwards very well though.

Also in bird pics similar to this, there is usually a curve on the end where the tail feathers flare a bit either up or down. and the rear portion is usually a bit longer than the part forward of the wings to it's head is. It doesn't mean this proves it is a bird, just that it is the most likely from having so many characteristics of a bird

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: alienreality

I guess what's bugging me about the bird explanation is that I spent some time studying the sky before and after taking the picture. As I said in my OP, my inner voice urged me to take my camera outside and take a pic.

During that time, studying the sky with my naked eye - I did NOT see that object. So, for me, being the experiencer of the moment, I just can't accept bird. It's all good if you all think it's a bird and can accept that as the most likely answer - but for me, I can't believe I couldn't see it with my naked eye. I've 20/20 vision + a few in my left eye!

So for me - it remains unidentified.

CdT

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

Where were you looking the moment you snapped the pic?

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Hiya Cirque,

At first I thought you were talking about the circle in the clouds around the middle of the picture...

Cameras are great toys but sometimes they give us weird things. I once took a picture of a building in Niagara Falls and same as you, didn't see anything with my eyes but went I downloaded the picture, there was something there, a smear, right on the right hand side of the building, in the sky.. looking a bit like yours.

Seemed to big to be a bird, too small to be a blimp or an aircraft..

No clue as to what it was either. I think that cameras may add defects in pictures, maybe..?

ETA: or they see stuff that we don't..

edit on 4 19 2014 by SonoftheSun because: (no reason given)

edit on 4 19 2014 by SonoftheSun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

I was looking at the sky. It's a digital, with a viewer. So my arms were extended out, I made sure to have trees, and the tops of the houses in the frame for reference, and then while looking out at the sky - pressed the button.

There is no eye hole to look through or anything as this was a digital camera, not a 35 millimeter or anything.

I then stood there a minute or so, scanning the area I shot, shrugged my shoulders and went inside to review the picture and said, "Whoa... wait it minute, I caught something!"

Jumping around like a fool, I showed my husband, two older daughters, and then set about to upload it to have a friend check it over - and getting the go ahead from Druid42 - he say's yep - it's interesting, post it up. So here I am now sharing it with you all.

CdT

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
"I didn't see anything when I took the picture."

It's a blurd.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Nice picture of a bird, definitely a bird I live near reserve and see them flying all time, that one is gliding that's why he looks like disc

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CirqueDeTruth
a reply to: Gianfar

This is a very good response that really made me sit back and think.

I don't believe in coincidences. I believe in synchronicity. Your post brings to mind Jacques Vallee's control system which The Gut has an excellent thread on Here .

I'm not opposed this idea. In fact, I find his theory of a control system, rather compelling.

CdT

I am familiar with Vallée's long work. Have also poured over the thread you linked. But this takes some explaining, because their is a divergent thought duality going on here. The idea of what you are calling synchronicity or thought and attraction wasn't discovered by him. Its been with us for many generations. Also, I am not sure how other people are defining what he refers to as a control system. I do understand that it is connected with the concept of an information loop, thus human perception. But, from my study of what I would term the Hynek/Vallée configuration, it is an offshoot of the Law of Attraction (i.e.The Secret by Rhonda Byrd), also referred to as the Universal Mind, as part of our discussion.

The Hynek Vallée theorem combines elements of this Law of Attraction (assuming the universe stores information and has a thought responsive information loop), with an alleged connection of folkloric beings together with interpreted behavior of modern UFO and occupant contact. Vallée's work is derived from a narrow focus of information on high strangeness events (i.e. saucer lands in French grape vineyard, small humanoid hands the farmer a pancake), and from such cases interprets them as illogical and therefore paranormal, as opposed to physical. This would be the best breakdown of the term IDH (inter-denominational hypothesis).

There is a life long connection between Vallée and Hynek (who as well disposes all UFO sightings as mere imagery of a type) who knew one another academically years prior to Blue Book and Sign. I'm just saying all of this because Mr. Vallée on one hand has stepped away from scientific principle and on the other has played himself as a scientist aspiring to rewrite the extraterrestrial (physical alien) narrative.

My point is, that I know Vallée believes in an information loop that is activated "intelligently", and yet the way he uses that word alters the entire context of this concept. I think by taking the basic principle of a universal information feed and incising it with the concept of a "control", what he is saying about it, is that other intelligences can use it against us.

In his first publications, he suggested it sort of cryptically when he stated that the actions of UFOs and so-called extraterrestrials or aliens interactions with human beings were so illogical that they couldn't even be physical. So here we are, forty years later talking about UFOs as illusionary projections and semi fluid apparitions, concocted by some undefined intelligence to fool us into believing that they are benevolent, physical extraterrestrials here to save us from ourselves. This to me, seems more in line with our primeval mind, adopted from the narrative of the biblical Satan.

I think synchronicity is a great term if used to define what we might think of as the quantum equilibrium of the physical reality. It is the manifestation of our thoughts and desires, which is empowering. But I would recommend The Secret, by Rhonda Byrd if you would like to explore the basic tenets of the original idea.

The Hynek/Vallée configuration uses elements of the basic story of synchronicity or the law of attraction, but takes it to a very cynical level. In effect, the very ideas proposed by their negative connotations would present a ripple in the time-space fabric of the information loop. The effect, according to Vallée's own belief, would actually feed itself into the public psyche.

I would only say that, if there is a control system, it would be the human mind, as the cosmic fabric of information would simply react to the creations of thought. In other words, if one imagines (or believes) that invisible entities can create the illusion of contact with extraterrestrials en masse, then this would be the new psycho-spiritual paradigm made manifest. If the universe does have a thought responsive synchronicity, then it only stands to reason that its a force controllable through our own thinking, hopes, dreams, desires and fears. Not a force controlled by invisible entities acting in proxy. If this were the case, there would be no chance for humanity to survive and therefore no purpose for its existence.

edit on 19-4-2014 by Gianfar because: grammar

edit on 19-4-2014 by Gianfar because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

While I find the idea's postulated by Vallee and Hyneck very interesting, I don't adhere to the idea that all paranormal/supernatural phenomenon is simple a projection of human consciousness. That's rather putting us on a rather high pedestal and cutting out the consciousness of all other living beings on this planet. Including human consciousness, that has separated from the human body and even non-human intelligences we cannot perceive in this wave of energy we live in. Whether you believe in death that we go to one of the many mansions of heavens as postulated by various religions, or simply slide over to a new dimension that is a mirror of our own. Or fade to black as they very wicked hope so fervently to be so.

So are UFO's a projection of humans? Or a projection of the Earth? Or tree's or dolphins? A projection of the Universe? Or is it a cumulative projection of all consciousness in this world, other worlds, dimensions, and we are unaware of our connection to a universal hive mind? Who are the architects of the control system? Unknowingly ourselves? Or is there a higher order of beings above us?

A control system, suggest architects, that constructed this system to react to human consciousness. Who are the architects? God(s)? Aliens? Angels? Fairy? The ages have had various names for this phenomenon and we have a wide range of flavors to pick from to suit our fancy. And what information is being fed through the loop - what are we being led to consider, believe, wonder about? A simple warning that we are not alone, that mystery exists, and we should watch out? What is the paranormal supernatural manifestation of the control system trying to tell us?

I'm prone to the hypothesis of inter-dimensional, rather than extra-terrestrial or a combination of both. I just don't know, and I don't pretend to know. I'm just a girl. But I am not sold on the idea that it all is merely a projection of ourselves. If this was so, my thought projection should have allowed me to see the object while in the sky. So why was it not detectable to my eye - until after I reviewed the picture?

Gosh, I hope that made sense!

CdT

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SonoftheSun

That's an interesting consideration. So I'm wondering, if it's a defect... would not the defect show up in every picture? Why some and not others? I'll have to take my camera out tomorrow and see if when I take pics of the sky, similar objects show up in the photos. I had not thought to do that, but it is a good idea, to check and make sure it's not a defect of my camera.

CdT

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

a reply to: SonoftheSun

That's an interesting consideration. So I'm wondering, if it's a defect... would not the defect show up in every picture? Why some and not others? I'll have to take my camera out tomorrow and see if when I take pics of the sky, similar objects show up in the photos. I had not thought to do that, but it is a good idea, to check and make sure it's not a defect of my camera.

CdT

Its interesting that we frame our reference around the nature of the object in the blown up photo, instead of the scenario which led to it. For me, the scenario is poignantly more significant. If there is a cosmic highway of information, then it exists for the benefit of everyone. In terms of an information loop or feedback mechanism, I can see how it would apply here.

If a person had a propensity for things like UFOs, the paranormal or whatever, it would serve as a catalyst for manifesting the right scenarios leading to the fulfillment of that person's interests or desires.

I've had the experience many times since I became aware of the loop, not only do the correlations make sense, but I have been able to duplicate the results through meaningful exercise.

I think one good recent example has been the big change in my job satisfaction and living conditions. For some time I wanted to work under certain conditions, under a certain type of boss and have corresponding living conditions. I tried to find or create those conditions in a conscious manner, but would always come up short.

After studying a books on positive thinking and reading about the universal mind (Rhonda Byrd again), and discussing it with others who understood it, I completely changed the strategy and within a few months my life had improved drastically and began receiving things I wanted.

The control is knowing how it works and how to use thoughts and desires as a blueprint, which the system manifests into material reality. Some call it the universal mind, the information loop, God, you name it. I'm not the one doing it, but I know how it works, so for me, terminology is not the issue. Some people have to put their thoughts on paper to make them happen. In my case, I learned how to make and retain all of the details in my mind.

In my opinion, if there's a creator, then he composed a cosmic order that maintains itself, expands, recycles and propagates itself through cycles of rebirth in an evolutionary process of matter and mind.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Cosmic Debris .HEAR YOUR PEA BRAINS RATTEL IN AN EMPTY SCULL.SPUING VERBIAGE TO,SPLAT ON THE WALL.YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY A TROLL .MISDIRECTION IS YOUR GOAL...

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth One would think at 16.2mp the object could be enlarged with greater detail, especially if it were a bird, because a bird would have to be relatively close for it to be captured unless it was a pterodactyl. Then it could be very far away and it would still be visible to the camera
Now if it were an "object", a large "object" at distance, well the detail would be muted as it is in the pic
Nice pic and great instincts!

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

What about its apparent size? Would small and close look the same as large and far when the same number of pixels are involved?

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Hynek, and Vallee............well, Hynek was CIA.....what was Vallee.......
There ive said it....
The other side of the coin (the universal mind thingy)...im not so sure about.....
There does seem to be an aspect to UFO sightings that indicates a Paranormal component,,...,.
If there is an overmind....perhaps the Crop circles may be part of that scenario....or not....
The fact that crop circles have been created that mirrored the conversation of the pilots observing them.....does indicate a subetheric connection the human thoughts.....
The possibility of telepathy (either enhanced by technology or natural....) becomes more of a reality every day....
In the end we may be playing mind games on a level we aren't yet aware of....
Or somebody else is.....................

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Looks like a dove. You can make out the head .

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Certainly looks like a bird to me. Here is a rather similar image, albeit a bit fatter and less elongated. Your one was probably smaller and/or flying a bit faster than this one, stretching out the image.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48
Certainly looks like a bird to me. Here is a rather similar image, albeit a bit fatter and less elongated. Your one was probably smaller and/or flying a bit faster than this one, stretching out the image.

Just for comparison ...

Hmmm... still not convinced... but I'm certainly glad you were able to put that matter to rest in your own mind!

Happy Easter,
Cirque

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Hmmm... still not convinced... but I'm certainly glad you were able to put that matter to rest in your own mind!

Happy Easter,
Cirque

Well, it looks pretty similar to me, given the different lighting, and presumably different kind of bird. Greyish colour top and bottom, with a dark line (the wing) along the mid section, and tapering off into a darker tail at the back (both birds flying left to right). If you imagine "stretching" the example I gave a little bit, and lightened it, then it would match extremely well.

Happy Easter to you too

edit on 20-4-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join