It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost shadow appears in Live Fox Sports Transmission.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Indeed. It's hard to say actually. If we have access to the full game and off course in hd, a lot could be explain (if it is really a shadow from a skycam in the first place). We can run through the game to see if any other part of the game with that kind of shadow. Parallel and fast. They sometimes speed up the movement of the cam ready for the next play. So if there is a sky cam being operated for that game, there is a possibility it is a shadow after all. So if this is the case, I could agree with that.

But, I've seen a lot of football/soccer games, seen nothing like that before. Furthermore, the usage of skycam is quite rare in football/soccer unless for the big events like World Cup, nations continental comps and what not. Yes this is a Copa Libertadores game but I don't think there's a sky cam for this game. Even the best leagues in the world (BPL, La Liga etc), standard tripod, pole cam, steady cam. In american football yes. Almost in every game.

Day and night. Day games you can get hard shadows like that because of the sun. But at night, they use artificial lights to create even lighting. Rarely there's any hard shadows in night games.

A sky cam shadow? If there is one for this game, probably.

Fake? On live tv? Gimme a break.

Glitch? Something else? Maybe.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Flayed

I gave you your first star. #NeverForget

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MrConspiracy

Gracias.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Sorry to spoil it but what we have here is something that was on the camera lense that blew off probably from the wind. Or an insect perhaps a fly on the lense. This is why it was so blurry.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DarthFazer

I always hated those bipedal running bugs.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Perhaps that could be the answer. But that is being too simplistic about what it is. I'm from a tropical area and insects are number two here after the torrential rain annually. Nope. Never seen an insect would fly like that in my life before. And off course, without the original full game F*x Sports broadcast video, all we can do is speculate.

My other question is, did the OP recorded this live during the game from a cam/phone or something? Or is it being recorded to a decoder or something similar to that?

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Flayed
I agree with you, skycams are pretty rare in soccer matches, because watching a soccer play from the top is pretty much useless, is not the NFL, but seems that some friends don't get it, I even doubt that skycams are being used on American MLS league at all.

I'm going to watch the next game in that stadium on Tuesday because a Mexican team will be playing there, if I see a single shot taken from any kind of skycam on the broadcast I will take back my previous comment but I'm pretty sure they don't have such a camera, but hey, even better because then it could be the shadow of a ghost camera!!!

edit on 20-4-2014 by kazike because: typo

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: kazike

It's very rare for stadiums to even have them. Not because of good views, but because it's too risky for the cable or camera to be hit by the ball. It's a major reason why the World Cup didn't feature more shots from the ones they had during games. They typically only had shots from set pieces, well behind the ball spot.

Two other issues are that it doesn't allow for the ads being in shots (which is major as it's the only time you'll see ads, being only commercials during half time) and it would be way too hard to follow the ball compared to a sport like NFL, where it's usually predictable where the ball is going. In soccer, it would be too jerky and would often lose the ball on some shots.

I would be highly surprised if this stadium had one. There is no reason unless you're being televised to a large audience which they don't. You don't even see skycam during El Classico matches and I've never seen them at any UEFA Champions League finals... two of the biggest games there are in the world of soccer.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: kazike

That is good. If it's there, it's there.

It's a pity here they'll be showing the Santos vs Lanus game this week, just like last week. But anyhow I'll also keep a lookout for a skycam or anything similar since it is in the same competition, they'll probably use the same equipment.

By the way, I'm still a bit skeptical with how the media got viral though.

PS: Watched the Flamengo vs Leon almost a fortnight ago. A cracker of a game.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Could it be a player on the field in front of some light source and it casting a shadow into the stadium?

I doubt it is that, I'm just weeding out possible sources. To me, this may be the best footage ever recorded of a shadow person. Very interesting. It seems like it runs into a crowd of people to try and hide. Does the camera operator see this?

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
In the shape of a human running? no.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Interesting - I love seeing videos like this...

But, my main question (aside from "what is it")... why was this being video taped off the television? Was sometime recording the entire game with their cell phone? Or if they just started recording this one segment, why did they start recording when they did?

There can likely be a very innocent and plausible answer... but when video footage, or pictures, of alleged ghosts come up, I always want to know why they footage was being captured. It helps to have some context.

Of course, the OP says he saw it live and this footage being shared was something that went viral on social media. So I don't know if the OP would even know the answer to this question --- but I'm curious if anyone has any insights as to why this footage was being taken in the first place.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
What the heck? It is the shadow of a camera on a pulley above the pitch. Does nobody watch football matches here? You see them all the time. If you look closely you can even see the way the shadow moves up and down as it passes over the people in the crowd.

Notice how the camera is being pulled along to the right, to get it back to the end of the field the goalkeeper is about to kick to.

For anyone saying it has legs: notice how the period of the "legs movement" exactly fits the spacing between the seats. What you are seeing is the shadow falling into the gaps between the seats.

How on Earth was this ever a "mystery"?
edit on 21-4-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Havox
a reply to: acero
Where'd you get this info from? I'm sure the majority of major stadiums have sky cams.

Im from Peru, I know what Im talking about. This is not America. Just cause you (USA) have skycams for pro sports doesnt mean the rest of the world do. NO skycams in that particular stadium. For the record, I dont believe in ghosts or the paranormal, aliens visiting earth and/or the rest of that BS.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob48
According to the locals,they don't have a Skycam at this stadium.

Right I ask this question again after being totally ignored twice already.Does anyone local have access to the archived footage of that match to see if this is present on the original version as I can't view it over here in the UK?

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Imagewerx
a reply to: Rob48
According to the locals,they don't have a Skycam at this stadium.

Right I ask this question again after being totally ignored twice already.Does anyone local have access to the archived footage of that match to see if this is present on the original version as I can't view it over here in the UK?

Manishuck responded to you, I believe... but you might have missed it because it was mentioned only briefly in a longer post. It sounds like the footage is not archived.

With no source other than a low quality third party, I can't see myself going with the paranormal option, though (and I've checked Fox Soccer Go but they don't have the video archived).

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Imagewerx

But this is a Copa Libertadores match. The Copa is a big, big deal in South America. Skycams can be installed for big televised tournaments.

I am currently scanning YouTube for videos of Copa matches at this stadium. I have a possible sighting of a skycam but it is blink-and-you'll-miss-it stuff.

Here it is. Far from conclusive stuff, but I think this may be the skycam captured in a shot from behind the goal. Not the same match, but a different match from this year's Copa at the same stadium.

Notice the round reflective part, and a separate horizontal part above.

Taken from 1:10 in this video: www.youtube.com...

Thoughts? I did wonder if it could be part of the vertical structure behind, but that vertical structure is a building outside the stadium, visible towards the left in this photograph:

So whatever that object is, it is above the rim of the stadium, from the vantage point of a camera behind the goal, and it is nothing obviously present on the old photo of the stadium. I think it is a skycam that was installed for the tournament.
edit on 21-4-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: acero

originally posted by: Havox
a reply to: acero
Where'd you get this info from? I'm sure the majority of major stadiums have sky cams.

Im from Peru, I know what Im talking about. This is not America. Just cause you (USA) have skycams for pro sports doesnt mean the rest of the world do. NO skycams in that particular stadium. For the record, I dont believe in ghosts or the paranormal, aliens visiting earth and/or the rest of that BS.

Acero: even for the Copa? We have coverage of the Copa even here in the UK on BT Sport. It's a big tournament, as I am sure you know, with lots of international networks there. Fox Sports covers it and the use cablecams for lots of events around the world. Even if it is not normally in the stadiunm, it can be installed.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
It's probably been posted a hundred times, but I don't want to read multiple pages of the thread: It's a tv camera hooked up to zip line.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

I really wish you would've read the posts. This has been being debated throughout the thread, because apparently nobody reads them anymore. How can a TV camera have legs? Watch the slo mo at about 30 seconds into the video. It's also been pointed out that there may not be skycams at that stadium.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join