It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inmates strike in Alabama, declare prison is “running a slave empire”

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

instead of drugs, lets go back in the past and substitute slave instead.

were the people demanding slaves (demanding drugs)
guilty of what happened on the supply end
(those who produced and supplied the slaves/drugs)
of the chain?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: spirited75

Yes, our prison overcrowding is a direct result of the war on drugs. The facts are easy to to find or I could post them for you.

What is the difference between someone who self medicates with a plant that has been used as medicine throughout human history versus someone who is prescribed a cocktail of chemicals with often unknown side effects by someone who is simply practicing their trade ?

I do not see how one is a criminal and the other is a normal citizen.
edit on 22-4-2014 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

because on the supply end of the equation there is blood on ALL illegal drugs.

It will not take a massive quantity of pot to chase that thought out of a pot smokers head.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I laugh at all the apologists in this thread arguing that ppl in prison are all there because they deserved it when the argument being made is the system is set up to maximize inmates to feed to corporate monetized prison system. This means ppl who are not even necessarily guilty, are railroaded, etc. are targets to feed the numbers. The argument isn't that ppl in prison are all 100% innocent ppl.

Seems they like to parrot their strawman and then leave until another comes along with the same opinion.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: igor_ats

i am happy
for you that you are laughing.

btw i am not arguing, i am stating a fact.
sooner or later your behavior puts you where you need to be.

edit on 22-4-2014 by spirited75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: igor_ats
there are only three theories for crime and punishment anyway.
1. retribution eye for eye tooth for tooth. means the punished person WILL be the guilty person.
2. deterrence. means the punished person should be the guilty one.
3. rehabilitation. no guilt, just that mommy set you on the potty crookedly. we can treat that.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Give me a break. US pharmaceutical overdoses are huge.Talk about blood on their hands. Big pharma and the medical community kill more people every year than all the drug dealers in the world.

Phoney drug convictions make up a huge percentage of the prison for profit business. Maybe we should toss some of the pharmaceutical CEO's and doctor's into jail to help the profit margins.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirited75

I merely stated a fact : Criminals solve their problems illegally.

When you state facts you need to be able to back it up with evidence. What you stated is not a fact.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

Give me a break. US pharmaceutical overdoses are huge.Talk about blood on their hands. Big pharma and the medical community kill more people every year than all the drug dealers in the world.

Phoney drug convictions make up a huge percentage of the prison for profit business. Maybe we should toss some of the pharmaceutical CEO's and doctor's into jail to help the profit margins.

there are actual (not phoney) laws on the books that make possession, use, manufacture, delivery, distribution, and sales against the law. so claiming that people are in prison for phoney convictions is just not true. you have to be high on some illegal substances to think that prison for profit is bad. almost all private industry must be profitable or it cannot survive.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
criminals solve their problems illegally.

ask anybody that broke the law, yourself included,
and you will find that you solved a problem illegally.
pretty simple, let me get my crayons.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

because on the supply end of the equation there is blood on ALL illegal drugs.

It will not take a massive quantity of pot to chase that thought out of a pot smokers head.

Not true.

Careful about making posts regarding drug use. That is a violation of this site's ToC.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

our prison overcrowding is a direct result of
people breaking the law and getting sentenced to prison.
society makes the laws.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   

criminals solve their problems illegally.

That is a jingle. Not a fact. It does not even make sense logically.

Jingles are simple phrases that are easy to remember and can be used to influence one's opinion, especial those with feeble and easily malleable minds. They are used extensively for advertisement campaigns.

edit on 22-4-2014 by jrod because: typOs

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

the inmate who is initiating the work strike is in solitary confinement and he has a cell phone and he is calling outside reporters and news agencies. all of which are against the law inside a prison.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Prisoners or as you like to call then inmates can get their hands on all kinds of contraband. That is a fact.

I found a box of crayons and drew a picture.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Along with organizing work stoppages, F.A.M. has posted clandestinely shot cellphone videos from inmates describing and documenting alleged abuses, including unsafe beef, broken fire exits and exposed wires. The DOC told AL.com that the inmates who used the cellphones, which are banned in Alabama state prisons, could be punished. (Asked about the cellphone on which he was speaking with Salon, Ray said that while he was currently in solitary confinement, F.A.M. members were “going to make sure that I have the resources I need … to accomplish the job,” and declined to elaborate.)

Clandestinely shot cell phone videos of other inmates describing and documenting ALLEGED abuses.

Unsafe beef. (we people in the civilian public world sometimes get food poisoning from eating at a restaurant)
Broken fire exit: Who do you think broke them? (probably broke them just before videotaping them to whine about them
Exposed wires: Who do you think broke the fixture or connection in the first place?? again probably just so it could be videotaped.

cellphones are banned in Alabama prisons.

the inmate had a cellphone.
he is still not learning to follow the rules very well is he????

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

yes you are correct.
lots more people breaking lots more laws = more people in prison.

same holds true of birth rates in comparison to future enrollment in first grade as well. my point exactly

more people breaking more laws more inmates.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
the only thing that is accomplished with legalization is making
the same mistake that was made with nicotine and alcohol.
you just end up putting another snake in the grass for the children.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Breaking the rules in prison result in more time without a trial, more time as a slave or lockdown whatever the prisoner decides. I get how it works, play like you are a good sheep and things go smoother and the inmate gets out sooner.

Fact, the 13th Amendment gives the state the right to use prisoners for involuntary servitude.

The prison population exploded as a direct result of the war on drugs in the USA. That is a fact, no debate.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Quote from the OP article -

“They’re incarcerating people for the free labor.” -

No. They are incarcerating people who break the law and then those people are working to pay back their debt to society.

ETA ... FLAME AWAY.

Just a little self righteous aren't we kiddo......
The truth is far from your surmise...get educated....go to prison once for nothing...youll be amazed at what the legal system has in store for innocents like you.....

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join