It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are the Walking Dead!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I always thought my first rant would be on drones or the military industrial complex, or government spying. But sometimes you just get attacked by a thought. So here goes.

I love The Walking Dead series, as the tv season ends I cna;t wait to jump back into the comics. There are so many parrells between TWD and our real current societal life. The mass's of us are going through life like we are the walking dead, going on in a herd like mentality.

ANd we all love hearing about each other's zombie apocalypse survival plan as we correlate that with the real SHTF scenario's. But in any of those scenario's is there a mention of checking in your nieghboor's or freinds? To see if there is any help or assitance you could provide? Or its just grab the go bag and for the hills. You wouldnt have 10-15 minutes to check on any surrounding neighboor's? Or its likes the walking dead at that point people are the enemy?

It's just now wehn you look at humanity or when you lok at people where is the individualism? where is the creativity where is the curiousity about whats out there in the stars or what is right in front of us with the mysteries about our own planet earth? Where is the passion for learning! where is the passion for Philosophy! wher eis the passion for art! for the most part what I see is people wanting to see whats trending. so they can be trendy? trying to get likes. So they can be liked? Where are the outlaws or the rebels that make there own path that dance to the beat of there own drum not to some cooked up song that is meant to be popular and is played everywhere so people will be forced to like it.

We have no thought no soul no emotion. what I see is something Rick proclaimed and yelled in the comics for what Might be mistaken as a crazy rant. We are The Walking Dead! you dont get it "WE" ARE THE WALKING DEAD!!!!

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
That's precisely why we need to band together and do so readily. It's wired into us because it's always been this way. It's the group against the herd, and the herd is bent on destruction.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I Too am a big fan of the walking dead and was a big consumer of comic books. Conan the Barbarian was my choice. Didn't know they made a walking dead comic.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Quauhtli

I like your bottom qoute it fits well with my rant

" you just have to be alive to see it" couldnt agree more

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

You do realize that the title refers to the living, not the zombies?

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I agree; Where is the individualism? A lot of things since the late 90's has been uniform, especially music. I think there are people out there who could make some great stuff but the people in control will never allow that to happen. Youtube is the only hope for individualism, or artists trying to get their stuff through all the uniform crap.

I love The Walking Dead(even though it suffers from very poor writing)......October is so far away!!!!!

I think a show where there is some sort of crash - would be a hit. No power, water is hard to find, no food stores. All the people fighting to survive. Replace the zombies with military and drones.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: SilverStarGazer

Yeah thats how I meant it. as we the lving in our society are walking around as if were the walking dead

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

your kind of describing the show Revolution

top topics

join