It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda�s Summer Plans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 10:15 PM
link   
EXCLUSIVE: Just as Americans were preparing for the start of the traditional season of fun, a rise in �chatter� sets off alarms and sends the Feds scrambling. A NEWSWEEK investigation explains why we�re on alert and what we�re facing.

By Michael Isikoff, Daniel Klaidman and Evan Thomas
NEWSWEEK

June 2 issue � Alsaha.com seems innocent enough. The Abu Dhabi-based Web site offers bulletin boards where Arabic speakers can advertise for wives and exchange messages about sports, politics and the true meaning of jihad. Since the 9-11 attacks, however, the CIA and FBI have closely monitored Alsaha.com as a kind of terrorist early- warning system. The reason: on Sept. 9, 2001, a message appeared on the Alsaha Web site proclaiming that, in the next two days, a �big surprise� was coming from the Saudi Arabian region of Asir, the remote, mountainous province that produced most of the 19 hijackers who struck on September 11.

www.msnbc.com...

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 10:24 PM
link   
It's too bad our nations security relies upon a website, operated by suspected terrorist. I hope the allegations are false. Anyone in the NY area, find rapid access to the sewers, they may provide effective bomb sheltering in case of disaster.

I still don't see what San Francisco has to do with New York, besides being a coastal city.

[Edited on 26-5-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 12:40 AM
link   
this is very, very thin. And "the remote, mountainous province that produced most of the 19 hijackers " Are we so very sure that the identity of the hi-jackers is known with certainty? I do sem to recall a great deal of uncertainty at the time.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Given everything that has been discussed to date Estragon are we to now conclude that Al Jazzer is secretly working for the Mossad??

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 09:48 PM
link   
What is wrong Estragon is responding to me beneath your intellect?

Or is it that as a reuslt of reviewing the 25 or so pages that have been generated to date at this forum you have found what exactly happened to your pet theory?

Despite your faith Estragon I forget nothing.

As a reuslt, do again ask if you feel that Al- Jazzier works for theMossad???????????

The function of a U2U is to facilitate a private conversation

Feel more that free to search (as I do from time to time) this site and note that my parantage is not a subject I use to any advantage.

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 01:39 AM
link   
That's right, over-ride your naturally-positive emotional reaction to our weather and get reigned in by the latest dose of fear & scare tactics. Keep buying duct tape.

The threat has always come from within.

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Do you have a problem duct tape?!

Speaking of, I have to buy another crate to add to my collection...I fear it will be needed when Midnight gets back with the craft.

Back to the thread, yes the threat is and most likely be from within, as thats where we are most vulnerable. Although I find this to smell of propaganda more than FOX has lately...

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Well, the propaganda machine is cranking... we needed an excuse to go into Iran (it is the next largest OPEC member after Iraq)...

Egyptian Saif al-Adel has become the new international leader of al-Qaeda and is reviving the terrorist organization with new methods and relationships with Islamic terrorist networks worldwide. He's been granted safe haven in Iran, although he's high on the FBI most-wanted list and has a $25 million price on his head. His authority comes directly from Osama bin-Laden's son Saad.
Adel replaces Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, who was captured in Pakistan two months ago. Mohammed had the reputation of talking too much, which disrupted at least one planned al- Qaeda attack, but Adel has downsized the organization and instituted a policy of secrecy.

The new plan is for a small number of al-Qaeda operatives to subcontract their attacks out to other Islamic terrorist organizations and pay them according to their success and the number of people killed. It doesn't cost much to pay off terrorists in poor countries in Asia and Africa.

www.unknowncountry.com...

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 07:46 PM
link   
CAIRO, Egypt � An Arabic-language magazine quotes a senior member of Al Qaeda (search) as raising the possibility that the group might poison U.S. water supplies.

The Saudi-owned al-Majalla weekly also reports in its latest edition that Al Qaeda militants are in the ranks of Saddam Hussein (search) loyalists who are attacking U.S.-led forces in Iraq (search).

The reports are based on e-mail correspondence that Al-Majalla conducted with Abu Mohammed al-Ablaj, whom the magazine identified as a senior member of Al Qaeda.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Isnt the practicality of a water terror attack rather difficult?, as i recall an independent study they'd have to dump truckloads of chemicals into reservoirs before anything that got through. Even then, the system could detect it and isolate the area by simply turning the pumps off , rather like they do when theres a leak.

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Estragon remains a firm adherent to clarity of language and a logical approach to evidence and the processes of induction and deduction.
Who would ever suggest Al Jazira or Hamas are "working for" Irael and other external parties? "Manipulated by" is a different matter and Estragon is inclined still to believe this is the case.
Firm evidence of "Al Qaida" involvement in anything: or even that there IS an Al Qaida, in the sense of the media representations?
Still none.

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 10:29 PM
link   
David,

In terms of polluting or contaminating a water supply with a chemical weapon, you are at least partially right. You would need a sufficient concentration of a chemical agent for it to take affect, assuming you had a chemical agent that did not break down in water. However, there are such chemical agents that do not break down, and need such a small concentration as to make some forms of attack on water systems practical.

As far as detection, only if a water system is fitted with sensors to that specific contaminant. I would highly doubt that most water systems can detect much other than run of the mill contaminants.

Now, if you are talking about a biological agent, all of the above is null and void. Indeed some bio agents are made specifically to contaminate water supplies, and will readily reproduce at accelarated rates within the water supply.

Estragon,

I would agree with the part about being manipulated. I would point out that what is reported likely has little to do with reality so much as it gives a publicly acceptable excuse for the US and allies to proceed further with military action.

Hence, the latest posts concerning Al Quaida in Iran... it is laying the groundwork for a public relations blitz to justify US invasion of Iran, not because Al Quaida is actually there so much as because Iran is the next largest vote in OPEC.

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Its beginning...

May 29� The Pentagon is advocating a massive covert action program to overthrow Iran's ruling ayatollahs as the only way to stop the country's nuclear weapons ambitions, senior State Department and Pentagon officials told ABCNEWS.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 03:14 AM
link   
So Estragon your response is that Al-Qa'eda is a fantasy I take it this is the result of your experience and/or education??

Furthermore, your conclusion is that Israel is some sort of Key-master, specifically what evidence do you have to provide in respect to this assertion?

Exactly what firm evidence are you waiting for Estragon that the Guardian periodical tells you that it s true?

So what you are saying is that the Arab nations are being manipulated by the Israeli's (would surmise using top secret technology which is so beyond the common mans understanding that perhaps we should all call you Neo).

Seriously Estragon despite your application of verbiage if you want to claim you have common sense. Might I suggest you provide more evidence beyond just that you have access to a thesaurus.

Have you ever traveled to those countries?

From the context of your system of belief a natural conclusion is that Adolph Hitler is an innocent man.

What exactly to you would constitute a firm belief then becomes the question and the answer is simple. Once you have had a personal experience then for you it will be real.

My advice is that you collect you passport and travel to Iraq or Afghanistan.

Might I suggest you announce publicly what you feel makes sense and await whatever response make sense to those around you? If as a result of the response you are still alive feel free to report as to the effect.

While Estragon you feel Al-Qa'eda does not exist, my impression is that the injuries which will result in making such a claim publicly, With respect to territories they (Al-Qa'eda) claim control of, will help you to understand the reality of the situation.

Myself am a grown man Estragon, so if you want to claim that your ideology is based upon more that just simple faith, please do so (with links that support your claim).

Estragon remains a firm adherent to clarity of language and a logical approach to evidence and the processes of induction and deduction.

So to be specific, what exactly has the great Estragon actually done to make the induction and deduction of evidence, something which others would find relevant to a conclusion which is actually unbiased?

Has Estragon traveled to these countries?

Does Estragon have data specific to the issues?

Is there a personal experience Estragon would like to share which is actually relatable to this thread??

To be honest I found TC with respect to Religion and Spiritualism to be a much more interesting adversary, is there anything you can do to make things more interesting?

For Gods sake do not site other posters as it will cause me to laugh so hard, that at my age it might be the cause of a coronary.

Because of your behavior in respect to me (Homeboy you don pissed me off) my conclusion with respect to your opinion. Is that it is equivalent to that of Kissinger informing me that Richard Nixon is the one man to trust.

Despite that I am willing to listen as well as respond, tell me old friend what proof do you have??

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 10:23 PM
link   
By Associated Press, 5/31/2003 16:22
SOMERSET, Mass. (AP) Authorities are investigating a sighting of three scuba divers near a Somerset power plant early Saturday morning.

An employee of NRG Electric Generating Plant told police he spotted three scuba divers on a beach next to the northeast side of the plant shortly after midnight. When he called to them, they replied in a language that he didn't understand, said state police spokesman Tom Ryan. The three then fled leaving behind their scuba gear, he said.

www.boston.com...:.shtml

new topics

top topics

join